Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Amazing Race" disclaimer  (Read 2046 times)

Fedya

"Amazing Race" disclaimer
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:33:25 PM »
Watching the first episode of the new season of The Amazing Race last night, I was astonished at just how fast the closing credits were going by at the bottom of the screen, with the exception of course of the one mentioning Orbitz or some other travel site as a sponsor.  ;-)  I know credits go by quickly nowadays, but these seemed even faster than normal.

Since the credits were going by so fast, and are pretty small since they're taking up only a fraction of the bottom of the screen, it's nigh on impossible to read them if you don't record the show.  However, it really looked to me as though one of the screens had a "Some teams..." disclaimer and a couple of other paragraphs.

Was there indeed such a disclaimer?  And if so, what did it say?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'235915\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 11:33 AM\']Was there indeed such a disclaimer?  And if so, what did it say?[/quote]My guess is that such a disclaimer if any would say something like "Some teams may have received time credits due to production difficulties." If the production fail doesn't affect the elimination, you stick it in the boilerplate at the end of the show.
Travis L. Eberle

inturnaround

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »
Checked the DVR, it says "Some teams may have received time penalties or credits in accordance with the rules."
Joe Coughlin     
Human

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »
That's been standard for the entire run- they usually won't announce a credit or penalty being given unless it results in the starting/finishing order being changed (actually, I've never heard of a time credit being awarded on-air). They'll also adjust at the beginning of legs as well- they don't say it's a 12-hour rest period at a pitstop for the most part anymore as well, because sometimes they'll keep the teams longer than that for various reasons (bad weather, problems at the next filming location, etc.).  So long as the time differences between the teams are kept the same, it doesn't matter too much.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:14:08 PM by weaklink75 »

Mr. Bill

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 06:23:37 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'235921\' date=\'Feb 15 2010, 05:12 PM\'](actually, I've never heard of a time credit being awarded on-air)[/quote]
It was, but only for the first race or two -- and mentioned that it was due to production difficulties.