Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you have any game show related projects you're working on?  (Read 8599 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Do you have any game show related projects you're working on?
« on: December 20, 2009, 01:13:45 AM »
If you have any game show related projects that you're working on during your spare time, feel free to share them right here.

I have (or had I should say) one in particular that was a Super Password episode guide. Yeah I know that there's already one on another forum, but the purposes of my version was to point out the actual airdates, and actual episode numbers for all 233 weeks of first-run episodes. GSN's airings and their PDF schedules played a big part in the whole updating process, but thanks to GSN removing the show completely, I don't know if I'll ever get it completed. And the fact that one of the celebrities in David Leisure refused to clear his appearances, is also a problem.

So far, I have only been able to get the precise information for the first 124 weeks of shows.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:06:21 PM by gameshowlover87 »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
I've been compiling a list of every physical challenge and toss-up from the classic run of Double Dare. The obstacle course archive, with less variables, is pretty much done, although I'm making little corrections all the time.

Here's a typical entry from the physical challenge one - the asterisk denoting it was the actual name of the stunt:

Boxing Kangaroos*
Physical challenge: 1988 (20 sec) Toss-up: 1988

One member of the team wore an apron with a pouch on the front, and held their hands behind their back. Their partner wore boxing gloves and threw stuffed kangaroos from across the stage. Catching one in the pouch won.

-Jason
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:06:44 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

dazztardly

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »
Sorry, but I'm under Non-Disclosure Agreements.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 01:49:27 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'232575\' date=\'Dec 20 2009, 01:23 PM\']Sorry, but I'm under Non-Disclosure Agreements.[/quote]Don't stir the oatmeal
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'232575\' date=\'Dec 20 2009, 10:23 AM\']Sorry, but I'm under Non-Disclosure Agreements.[/quote]Of COURSE you are! This way you can tell us all that you're working on something but don't actually have to contribute to the topic!

The very first "project" that I worked on as a wee lad twenty or so years ago was a sort of Bonus Game Marathon. The idea is that someone would win the opportunity to climb the Pyramid or play the Money Cards. I wasn't ever able to figure out a decent qualifying game, or a final act, so it languished until a couple of years ago.

One of the things I began working on while at my previous place of residence was I would compact all of my Password, Concentration and Jeopardy! games (MB editions) each into their own envelope box that I had less-than-stealthily smuggled out of the office. Each box has the grid for each particular game (if necessary) and the various question cards and books. I was able to eliminate lots of boxes and extra stuff and keep the total space to a minimum.

Somewhere among the boxes is a Temptation game that I've been working on. I had long been unsatisfied with the shortcuts taken by the 1986 box game, and after Temptation premiered down under, I resolved to continue work on it. So I have been.

Back when I just started high school and I found a for-free web space host, I decided that the one thing that would set my site apart from everyone else was that I would have a list of (nearly) anyone who had won $100,000 or more on a quiz show. This was back in 1995 or so, when we were four years away from the proliferation of prime-time game shows, and now I'm over 100 entries behind. Plus there are some winners I never saw (Dream House, Name That Tune, among others) and then deciding which shows would be included (I decided that a "competitive reality" game with a prize at the end would count, as long as it was not judged by outside forces (which cuts Idol, Hell's Kitchen and The Apprentice). And I don't think the list drove the traffic that I imagined back in those days anyway.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »
A little over two years ago, I put together a "home version" of a game concept I came up with in high school. I wanted to create it as a local project for one of the stations, and had to scale it down a bit to be playable. I tested it amongst friends, and it was well-received. However, nothing ever came of that one, but I tinker with the concept every so often...

I'm toying with another one that I think would make a fun little party game. It's kind of a cross b/w Taboo and the Wonderwall from Winning Lines...I might put that one together for a New Year's party.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 03:31:16 PM »
Working on a concept called "Out of Order," which involves sequential placement of items, events, etc.  Not ready for piloting yet.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Sodboy13

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 03:42:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'232579\' date=\'Dec 20 2009, 01:25 PM\']Somewhere among the boxes is a Temptation game that I've been working on. I had long been unsatisfied with the shortcuts taken by the 1986 box game, and after Temptation premiered down under, I resolved to continue work on it. So I have been.[/quote]

You show me yours, I'll show you mine.

I did $OTC at my most recent Game Show Night, and added a few "upgrades" to the box game.  I made my own set of cards for a Fame Game board, used three of the envelopes from the Jackpot! box game for Instant Cash, made a little setup for the shopping at the end, and added an adaptation of Temptation's "10 in 60" end game.  I also altered the rules and organized question sets to make the proceedings more like the actual show.

The best upgrade, though, was that Steve Day was nice enough to do a set of prize reads for the game.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'232584\' date=\'Dec 20 2009, 12:42 PM\']You show me yours, I'll show you mine.[/quote] You make it sound so naughty...  :)

Each of the six rounds has five questions each to their own card. Fame Game questions on other cards. Gift Shop items were done up on openoffice and clip art, sixteen to each pile. Instant Cash became a modified Supercase: give up your lead for anything from $1 to $5,000.

Fame Game integrates the three temptation twists seen on the show, along with two additions: Ten Bonus Seconds and Free Bonus Answer.

The winner pulls a card from the Winner's Deck ($5,000 to $10,000) and plays the bonus game for up to $10,000. The player decides how many answers will constitute a win and collects that amount if those answers are given in 60 seconds.

Most total money over N games is Le Grand Winnar.
Travis L. Eberle

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »
Aside from the FAQ at Golden-Road.net, I've been trying for a few years to compile every pricing game lineup from The Price Is Right.  So far, I have the first 95 episodes, January and February of Season 16, a ton of other random shows from Seasons 1-16, all the primetime specials, and every daytime show from Season 17 onward (with a couple game slots in 17 unknown because of pre-emptions).

I don't know if I'll ever get it finished, but I'm a lot farther along than I thought I'd get when I started.

chad1m

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »
Though I keep meaning to record a second pilot with a revised format, I've been working on my concept Five to 1 for a period of time but I haven't done much with it in a while.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »

JepMasta

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »
Well, our family's Christmas Jeopardy! game has just been finished.  Which is cool.  I put a TON of work into it every year.  only thing I have left to do is make a DVD with about 10 Christmas themed TV Commercials to play while I set up the game board for DJ!  If anyone knows where I can download some Commercials like that I would be very grateful.

Brian~

dazztardly

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 02:52:49 AM »
One of my past projects this year was a Plinko board I built for a school charity event, in St. Paul, MN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VGV85626yg

Modor, you're the only one that stirred the oatmeal, when you made that comment. Cork it.

-Dan

Greggo

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 02:55:58 AM »
Working on Anime Tic Tac Dough for an upcoming convention.  Also finishing and fine-tuning Anime Press Your Luck 3.0, Anime Password (with graphics help from a friend) and adding more puzzle rounds and the TAKE! function to Anime Concentration.

THEN, working on a version of Name That Tune, Jeopardy! and finishing off my new Match Game presentation software for a convention the following month.

Also have three projects for future conventions, one of which is my own design, one based on the Farkle dice game and the other based off the Japanese "Panel Quiz Attack 25."