Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pilot Light Relaunch #3  (Read 43013 times)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »
I agree, that flowchart's brilliant.

Also, Mike, you've still got a ton of broken links all over your pages. Mind if I shoot you an e-mail of which pages have 'em so you can clean up as necessary?

(Oh, and why isn't fan4sure banned yet? I swear, all he's ever done is beg Mike for more pilots.)
Bobby Peacock

Allstar87

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 02:38:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 9 2010, 12:40 AM\']Oh, and why isn't fan4sure banned yet?[/quote]

My guess is that he's kept around here just for comic relief.

I am stunned at how unable/unwilling he is to grow a clue; he's been pulling this crap for almost 2 years now. (He's one of the very few I've banned from my YouTube page.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:42:28 AM by Allstar87 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 03:43:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 8 2010, 09:40 PM\']Oh, and why isn't fan4sure banned yet?[/quote]
Irony, thy name is Twentington.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:22 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'233688\' date=\'Jan 5 2010, 11:10 PM\']Temptation (1981)[/quote]
So potentially the show on a single episode could be awarding 100 trips to Rome and/or 200 cars?
No one thought this through during the run-through?
I suspect Jed had a day off from his role as Don Craig on Days Of Our Lives that day and figured this pilot was gonna tank, but he'd do his best and accept the $$$ while waiting for his next residual check from the reruns of Lassie.
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'233939\' date=\'Jan 9 2010, 03:43 AM\'][quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 8 2010, 09:40 PM\']Oh, and why isn't fan4sure banned yet?[/quote]
Irony, thy name is Twentington.
[/quote]
Indeed. I'm off to Wikipedia to read about the history of Game Show Congress. Oh, yeah. Can't do that. Thanks, buddy boy.
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 9 2010, 12:40 AM\']What do you want from me anymore?[/quote]
Sufficiently covered elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:46:12 AM by Don Howard »

Allstar87

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 9 2010, 12:40 AM\']Bobby freakin' Peacock[/quote]

Ya know, ever since you started signing your posts "Bobby", I had an inkling that's who you were.

[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 9 2010, 12:40 AM\']What do you want from me anymore?[/quote]

I'd like to know how you managed to get back in here.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'233995\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 11:40 AM\']So potentially the show on a single episode could be awarding 100 trips to Rome and/or 200 cars?[/quote]

That's popular logic on this pilot, but Mike in fact mentioned something Jed said as an aside - the final round for the cars was only for one person. The pilot had a situation where only one player got the penultimate question right, so we never saw what would happen to whittle down the remainder to one.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Twentington

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 09:48:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'234035\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 04:57 PM\'][quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 9 2010, 12:40 AM\']Bobby freakin' Peacock[/quote]

Ya know, ever since you started signing your posts "Bobby", I had an inkling that's who you were.

I'd like to know how you managed to get back in here.
[/quote]

I'm starting to think I shouldn't even be "back in here." Yelling at the admins, then insisting that Matt ban my TenPoundHammer name because I felt I had nothing to contribute... only to change my mind a few days later and sneak back in -- yeah, easily one of the biggest eff-ups I've committed in this any forum.

But even after I started putting "Bobby" as my sig on this account, I felt that I was starting to turn a corner. Then I suddenly found myself moderated again, with Matt even saying something to the effect of "You were banned, that doesn't mean you get to come back -- but I thought I'd be generous and let you stay here, moderated."

And now, here I am. Even under moderation, I still seem to have an abysmal signal-to-noise ratio, not to mention a reputation barely above that of Zach Horan.

I don't get it. Why is it that I only ever get a blatant case of stupid on this individual forum and absolutely no other? Even other communities that I've been in for as long, or nearly as long?
Bobby Peacock

J.R.

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 09:54:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 8 2010, 11:40 PM\'](Oh, and why isn't fan4sure banned yet? I swear, all he's ever done is beg Mike for more pilots.)[/quote]
While all you do is beg for removing Wikipedia articles.
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'234064\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 06:48 PM\']I don't get it. Why is it that I only ever get a blatant case of stupid on this individual forum and absolutely no other? Even other communities that I've been in for as long, or nearly as long?[/quote]Why don't you? You could, if you wanted, contribute in meaningful ways. You could be funny, charming, clever, or other adjectives I can't recall. But you aren't. You just kinda exist, get in the way, and so on.

I'm not much for new year's resolutions, but I think you ought to consider doing a 180. Not many people have been able to pull it off, so you'd be in small company, but your presence would be far more appreciated.
Travis L. Eberle

Twentington

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'234065\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 09:54 PM\'][quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'233927\' date=\'Jan 8 2010, 11:40 PM\'](Oh, and why isn't fan4sure banned yet? I swear, all he's ever done is beg Mike for more pilots.)[/quote]
While all you do is beg for removing Wikipedia articles.
[/quote]

Yes, you're absolutely right. I paid a bunch of buddies to agree with me and ensure that Game Show Congress will never have an article on Wikipedia again. I even showed it to Jimbo Wales, and he said, "you're right, it's about as deserving of a Wikipedia article as is my big left toenail. If anyone even tries to create an article on it, I will block them indefinitely, then hunt them down and smash their computer and modem. All hail TenPoundHammer, deletionist extraordinaire. Let him always have his way." </sarcasm>
Bobby Peacock

Matt Ottinger

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 10:44:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'234064\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 09:48 PM\']I don't get it. Why is it that I only ever get a blatant case of stupid on this individual forum and absolutely no other?[/quote]
Well, that's not really accurate, is it?  You've given yourself a pretty bad reputation on the Jeopardy board too.

[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'234070\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 10:13 PM\']Yes, you're absolutely right. I paid a bunch of buddies to agree with me and ensure that Game Show Congress will never have an article on Wikipedia again. I even showed it to Jimbo Wales, and he said, "you're right, it's about as deserving of a Wikipedia article as is my big left toenail. If anyone even tries to create an article on it, I will block them indefinitely, then hunt them down and smash their computer and modem. All hail TenPoundHammer, deletionist extraordinaire. Let him always have his way." </sarcasm>[/quote]
You've been told, directly and specifically, how to improve your reputation both here and on the Jeopardy board.  As I recall, responding to legitimate criticism from game show fans with ugly sarcasm was not one of the options presented to you.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:44:53 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 10:50:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'234064\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 09:48 PM\']Why is it that I only ever get a blatant case of stupid on this individual forum and absolutely no other?[/quote]It's not that your stupidity is only confined to this forum, it's that we're less discreet and comforting in calling you out for it. Trust me, I've been on the Jeopardy! boards two years longer than you have and I've seen your stupidity (hey, your word, not mine) spill over there many a time too.

[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'234070\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 10:13 PM\']Yes, you're absolutely right. I paid a bunch of buddies to agree with me and ensure that Game Show Congress will never have an article on Wikipedia again.[/quote]Well, when you yourself admitted that you used a friendship with an administrator at the site to further your own agenda of deleting articles with you and your clique's definition of game show notability, that statement isn't too far off.

(For those who don't understand the Wikipedia references, feel free to check out this thread at the Jeopardy! forums.)

/Wishes a Book of Logic would hit you like a ten pound hammer.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:56:15 PM by chad1m »

CarbonCpy

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Twentington\' post=\'234070\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 10:13 PM\']Yes, you're absolutely right. I paid a bunch of buddies to agree with me and ensure that Game Show Congress will never have an article on Wikipedia again. I even showed it to Jimbo Wales, and he said, "you're right, it's about as deserving of a Wikipedia article as is my big left toenail. If anyone even tries to create an article on it, I will block them indefinitely, then hunt them down and smash their computer and modem. All hail TenPoundHammer, deletionist extraordinaire. Let him always have his way." </sarcasm>[/quote]

As someone who bore witness to a two-month-long pissing match over whether or not the article on crucifixion should have an exhaustive list of anime episodes that used it as a plot device, you're doing a good job of maintaining the stereotype of wikipedia editors being a bunch of insufferable, thin-skinned sperglords to ever game a nomic to their own POV.

EDIT:  And this is coming from someone who's pretty sure his signal-to-noise ratio has to be expressed as an imaginary number.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:12:46 PM by CarbonCpy »

BrandonFG

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »
That'll really help your case. </sarcasm>

Plain and simple, it was a dick move. You can justify it all you want, but your attempts to decide what was or was not Wiki-worthy was, again, a dick move. You sound like the type who gets butthurt because someone dares to try and add something relevant to an already existing article {Nasally voice} "Narrr, how dare you! Only I can add facts to the Thundercats* page!!1!"{/Nasally voice}. You need to get outside the house more.

*Apologies to any Thundercats fans or anyone with a nasally voice.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

Pilot Light Relaunch #3
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
[quote name=\'CarbonCpy\' post=\'234077\' date=\'Jan 10 2010, 11:06 PM\']As someone who bore witness to a two-month-long pissing match over whether or not the article on crucifixion should have an exhaustive list of anime episodes that used it as a plot device, you're doing a good job of maintaining the stereotype of wikipedia editors being a bunch of insufferable, thin-skinned sperglords to ever game a nomic to their own POV.[/quote]
For the record, the discussion over whether the Game Show Congress article should be retained came down to a Wiki regular saying that the legitimate points being made for keeping the article could be ignored, because they didn't come from Wiki regulars.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.