Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Susan Stafford  (Read 2727 times)

JMFabiano

Susan Stafford
« on: November 04, 2003, 08:14:15 PM »
I want to second the question in the GSW thread...I thought, based on the tapings reports, that Susan Stafford would be appearing along with Ruta.  Does this happen on a later day, or was it just not to be for whatever reason (insert "Sony trying to pretend the Woolery/NBC WOF didn't exist" comment here)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Kevin Prather

Susan Stafford
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 08:17:55 PM »
I could be wrong, but I don't think Sony would have a say in it, since Sony doesn't run HS.

Chelsea Thrasher

Susan Stafford
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 08:24:02 PM »
Actually, Sony indirectly runs HS.  Sony owns Kingworld (And Kingworld West), and KW West produces H2.   Sony has, at best though, virtually no say in the show.   They just own the show itself, rerun rights, etc.

rugrats1

Susan Stafford
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 09:41:57 PM »
Sony owns Kingworld...

Actually, Viacom owns King World, which distributes the show (MGM owns the format). Sony is only co-producer of H2.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Susan Stafford
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 10:01:56 PM »
I want to second the question in the GSW thread...I thought, based on the tapings reports, that Susan Stafford would be appearing along with Ruta. Does this happen on a later day, or was it just not to be for whatever reason (insert "Sony trying to pretend the Woolery/NBC WOF didn't exist" comment here)

I believe that would fall to me to answer, having been there.

YES.  Susan appears on the last three shows of the week, serving in the same capacity as Ruta Lee does on the first two.

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

zachhoran

Susan Stafford
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 10:14:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 10:01 PM\']
I want to second the question in the GSW thread...I thought, based on the tapings reports, that Susan Stafford would be appearing along with Ruta. Does this happen on a later day, or was it just not to be for whatever reason (insert "Sony trying to pretend the Woolery/NBC WOF didn't exist" comment here)

I believe that would fall to me to answer, having been there.

YES.  Susan appears on the last three shows of the week, serving in the same capacity as Ruta Lee does on the first two.

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel [/quote]
 It'll be nice to see Susan on a game show again for the first time in 17 years(she subbed for Vanna on a week on NBC Daytime Wheel in Summer 1986, when Vanna's then significant other was killed in a plane crash). I wouldn't have minded seeing Holly and Janice do the honors this week, one wonders if they were asked and turned it down because of it being taped in their old stomping grounds :)

Brandon Brooks

Susan Stafford
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 12:04:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 10:01 PM\'] YES.  Susan appears on the last three shows of the week, serving in the same capacity as Ruta Lee does on the first two.

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel [/quote]
 Well, that's flat out weird.  Does she appear with Ruta Lee?  And why third episode on?... that's not where they naturally take a lunch break.

Brandon Brooks

uncamark

Susan Stafford
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 12:12:05 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 09:41 PM\']
Sony owns Kingworld...

Actually, Viacom owns King World, which distributes the show (MGM owns the format). Sony is only co-producer of H2.[/quote]
King World owns the format.  MGM owns the original run of "Squares" and all other Heatter-Quigley formats.  KW bought the format from Orion before MGM swallowed up Orion and the original Samuel Goldwyn Co.--"Planet Hollywood Squares" was planned by KW long before MGM's acquisition.  And "Planet Hollywood Squares" was stopped by Sony and the reason Sony owns a piece of the current version.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Susan Stafford
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 04:49:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 12:04 AM\'] Well, that's flat out weird.  Does she appear with Ruta Lee?  And why third episode on?... that's not where they naturally take a lunch break. [/quote]
 Nope... come the third episode, Ruta Lee disappears and Susan Stafford is the model for the rest of the week. Lunch was taken after the third episode, as usual... I'm not sure why they did it that way, either.

--
Scott Robinson

who wishes that this week of shows wasn't being preempted by basketball on some days

BrandonFG

Susan Stafford
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 12:37:41 AM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 04:49 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 12:04 AM\'] Well, that's flat out weird.  Does she appear with Ruta Lee?  And why third episode on?... that's not where they naturally take a lunch break. [/quote]
Nope... come the third episode, Ruta Lee disappears and Susan Stafford is the model for the rest of the week. Lunch was taken after the third episode, as usual... I'm not sure why they did it that way, either.

--
Scott Robinson

who wishes that this week of shows wasn't being preempted by basketball on some days [/quote]
 This seems like what they did during the first season, when Robin Williams and Billy Crystal did the first 2 eps. of Thanksgiving week.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jdhernandez

Susan Stafford
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 04:41:31 AM »
Geeze, I really need to get on the ball here....I'M FINE!!

*ahem* Anyway, having been there with two of the other jokers from here, Susan does a fine job here! I also didn't get why she appeared on the last show before the lunch break, myself. Eh, I was still happy, nonetheless.

Now...you know my rule on basketball preemptions, Scott. ;-D Actually, this is kinda off-topic, but KCAL has been doing a horrible job with their preemptions lately. Now they are time-delaying not one, but TWO Lakers games this week. Both games this week start at 5pm, and they should easily be over by 7:30pm. In real time, the last game was over actually near 8pm, so I could forgive them for that. But if the game against the Hornets turns out to be a quick killing, I won't be happy. Besides, what fun is watching the game when it's already been played an hour before and you already know what happens?

....just thank your lucky stars tomorrow's game is a nationally-televised game. =P
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

ChuckNet

Susan Stafford
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 04:25:05 PM »
This seems like what they did during the first season, when Robin Williams and Billy Crystal did the first 2 eps. of Thanksgiving week.

They actually did the first 3 eps, w/somewhat lesser celebs like Louie Anderson and Mark Curry replacing them for the last 2.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")