The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Fame Game on $otc

<< < (3/3)

clemon79:
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 21 2003, 09:03 AM\'] LOL...and they even had HOME VIEWERS pictured on the board...I thought the round was called the Fame Game?
 [/quote]
 And in being so recognized, they were getting their 15 minutes thereof, were they not? :)

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 20 2003, 05:59 PM\']
--- Quote ---Believe it or not, that WAS the actual reason. During the 1983 and 1984 season, $ale was looking for an identity with the daytime audience of the new decade and loaded the \"Fame Game\" with NBC personalities who were starring on popular shows at that time. This was an ideal way of promoting other NBC shows without bugs and splitscreens (Hear that, NBC?).  One paint job and cash jackpot later, the faces were replaced with numbers.
--- End quote ---

[/quote]
Didn't they at one point use celebrities from non-NBC shows? I thought I saw on someone's page, a cast member from \"Falcon Crest,\" which was CBS.

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---Didn't they at one point use celebrities from non-NBC shows? I thought I saw on someone's page, a cast member from \"Falcon Crest,\" which was CBS.
--- End quote ---

Yep...David Selby, to be specific...I also saw Peter Pan(!) on the board, being a \"cast member\" of Walt Disney, which also aired on CBS at the time.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version