Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any Soupy Sales tributes planned for GSN?  (Read 2739 times)

That Don Guy

Any Soupy Sales tributes planned for GSN?
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »
To be honest, when I heard he died, the first thing I thought was, "He was still alive?"

How long was he a regular on Bruner/Blyden WML?  GSN shouldn't have any problems digging episodes up if they put their mind to it - assuming, of course, that they still do "tributes".

-- Don

xavier45

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'229102\' date=\'Oct 23 2009, 01:17 PM\']GSN shouldn't have any problems digging episodes up if they put their mind to it - assuming, of course, that they still do "tributes".[/quote]
The only problem is, they don't have the rights to What's My Line? anymore.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
If it's true that GSN actually doesn't have the rights anymore, they could still lease a few episodes for a one-time showing.  They've done that sort of thing various times in the past.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'229111\' date=\'Oct 23 2009, 04:03 PM\']If it's true that GSN actually doesn't have the rights anymore, they could still lease a few episodes for a one-time showing.  They've done that sort of thing various times in the past.[/quote]
While that probably falls into the "all things are possible" category, I really don't think that's where GSN's interest is anymore.  Even when they had unfettered access to the G-T library, it got to the point that most of their "tributes" came down to just juggling a couple of black and white episodes at three in the morning.  To go out of their way at this point seems mighty unlikely.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jay Temple

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »
Pity they don't have the rights to a big win on Pyramid. Like, say, a $50,000 win.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

catnap1972

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'229114\' date=\'Oct 23 2009, 04:12 PM\']To go out of their way at this point seems mighty unlikely.[/quote]

Even worse, I wouldn't be surprised if the current brass feels the target demographic would say "Who?!?" to a tribute