Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR: Make Your Mark retired  (Read 30492 times)

ClockGameJohn

TPiR: Make Your Mark retired
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'226004\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:20 AM\'][quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'226003\' date=\'Sep 14 2009, 09:08 PM\']Wait...if someone has "insider info," and they are challenged or confronted by someone else who has "insider knowledge" --- the latter is right?[/quote]

If the former is vague, and not forthcoming, and the latter is up front and states their source or sources, uh yeah "the latter is right".
[/quote]

You and I will have to have an in depth conversation about sources again sometime.  :)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2009, 12:36:54 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'226003\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:08 AM\']No grudge.  I took offense to how you phrased your response to my previous post as if I am just an "overzealous fanb0i" or an "amateur historian."[/quote]
Again, honestly, my head is just swimming here.  Then why bring up the three-year old post?  I don't even see what the point of that was.

As for the other, you have taken offense at something I never said to you.  I don't believe I've ever called anyone an 'overzealous fanb0i' and just about everybody on this forum is an 'amateur historian', myself included.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

CarShark

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2009, 12:41:07 AM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'226004\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:20 AM\']If the former is vague, and not forthcoming, and the latter is up front and states their source or sources, uh yeah "the latter is right".[/quote]Here's the thing though: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that most of your sources are no longer affiliated with the show, through the firings or quitting or what have you. They likely aren't risking their current employment to make whatever statements they say. The people who CGJ and Gavazzi get their info from are. They obviously don't want someone they know and presumably like getting fired, so they pass the info while withholding their source. You enjoy a degree of freedom they don't, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're more right. Just more free.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:42:10 AM by CarShark »

pentellit

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2009, 12:51:27 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'226005\' date=\'Sep 14 2009, 09:25 PM\'][quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'226004\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:20 AM\'][quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'226003\' date=\'Sep 14 2009, 09:08 PM\']Wait...if someone has "insider info," and they are challenged or confronted by someone else who has "insider knowledge" --- the latter is right?[/quote]

If the former is vague, and not forthcoming, and the latter is up front and states their source or sources, uh yeah "the latter is right".
[/quote]

You and I will have to have an in depth conversation about sources again sometime.  :)
[/quote]

Yes John, if the former is unwilling to disclose their sources, or stand by their information, then yes that would clearly mean that "the latter is right".  And again I say, if someone is not willing to divulge their "sources", then STFU.  

(And you and I can have and in depth conversation anytime you'd like. :)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'226007\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:41 AM\']Here's the thing though: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that most of your sources are no longer affiliated with the show, through the firings or quitting or what have you. They likely aren't risking their current employment to make whatever statements they say. The people who CGJ and Gavazzi get their info from are. They obviously don't want someone they know and presumably like getting fired, so they pass the info while withholding their source. You enjoy a degree of freedom they don't, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're more right. Just more free.[/quote]
Well, call me Shemp.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2009, 12:57:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'226006\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:36 AM\'][quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'226003\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:08 AM\']No grudge.  I took offense to how you phrased your response to my previous post as if I am just an "overzealous fanb0i" or an "amateur historian."[/quote]
Again, honestly, my head is just swimming here.  Then why bring up the three-year old post?  I don't even see what the point of that was.

As for the other, you have taken offense at something I never said to you.  I don't believe I've ever called anyone an 'overzealous fanb0i' and just about everybody on this forum is an 'amateur historian', myself included.
[/quote]

I will be glad to take this offline (I know, unheard of) and perhaps I'm misreading.  I do know that you brought up a 1+ year old post of mine and seemed to take a shot at me.

I have no trouble withholding all future information if this is what the balance of the forum membership requests.  I don't post anything to show any sort of "holier than thou" status.  Regardless of what others may think, I am often interested in setting the record straight as my only agenda.

Perhaps I should write a book.  :)

pentellit

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2009, 01:09:32 AM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'226007\' date=\'Sep 14 2009, 09:41 PM\'][quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'226004\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 12:20 AM\']If the former is vague, and not forthcoming, and the latter is up front and states their source or sources, uh yeah "the latter is right".[/quote]Here's the thing though: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that most of your sources are no longer affiliated with the show, through the firings or quitting or what have you. They likely aren't risking their current employment to make whatever statements they say. The people who CGJ and Gavazzi get their info from are. They obviously don't want someone they know and presumably like getting fired, so they pass the info while withholding their source. You enjoy a degree of freedom they don't, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you're more right. Just more free.
[/quote]
To the contrary. The days of Barker's Inquisition are over, especially now that Barker and Dobkowitz are gone.  

Yes, there are some changes in staff being considered, but that is typical of any corporate takeover.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:14:11 AM by pentellit »

Millionaire81

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2009, 01:50:14 AM »
What concerns me the most out of the whole sources crap is that everyone at Price knows Scott Robinson has/had a relationship with G-R.net.  By posting this "insider" information, you could easily give some of The Powers That Be an impression that he could be your source.  Thus putting him in jeopardy.

And that to me is kind of reckless.  By not being more forthcoming with your sources, you could be putting his career in danger just purely from a former association he had/has with G-R.net whether you realize it or not.

The reason I say this is because you've stated many times Roger was your source all those years.  Now that he's gone, who's your guy on the inside.  It certainly isn't "Droofus" or "Mikey,"  I'm not sure he'd give G-R.net the time of day.  So of course the mind wanders as to how you come about all this info while admitting you've lost your source.  The mind reasons that Scott would be it.

Just think about that next time you post some "insider info."

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2009, 02:03:37 AM »
Not that anything I seem to post is believed by many, only out of respect for Scott will I bother to say that Scott is not a "source" for any Price information.  In fact, I think you will notice that he won't even post on our site or on this site when any topic relates to Price.  (I don't think I even needed to say this.)

With about 100 people working around that place, there are an awful lot of possibilities when it comes to people who don't mind being liberal.

I think you will also find that I don't post anything that isn't common knowledge around the studio amongst the staff and crew.

Millionaire81

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'226027\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 01:03 AM\']Not that anything I seem to post is believed by many, only out of respect for Scott will I bother to say that Scott is not a "source" for any Price information.  In fact, I think you will notice that he won't even post on our site or on this site when any topic relates to Price.  (I don't think I even needed to say this.)

With about 100 people working around that place, there are an awful lot of possibilities when it comes to people who don't mind being liberal.

I think you will also find that I don't post anything that isn't common knowledge around the studio amongst the staff and crew.[/quote]

That's good.  It always just seemed like Scott would be easily blamed should someone at the show get tired of leaks.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2009, 02:14:09 AM »
I think you will find that is precisely why Scott distances himself greatly from posting on our site and this one.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2009, 02:30:35 AM »
By not being more forthcoming with your sources, you could be putting his career in danger just purely from a former association he had/has with G-R.net whether you realize it or not.
Think about what you just said. You want someone to name Charley Lipschitz as his source of information to protect Scott. Do you know what the consequences of doing that are likely to be? 1) Charley Lipschitz will stop sharing information, and 2) Charley Lipschitz' job is in jeopardy because he is now known to have leaked "sensitive" information about the show.

A source who is "outed" stops being a source. See Plame, Valerie and Throat, Deep.

Scott does not leak information on game show boards. He values his job.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:28:35 AM by chris319 »

Millionaire81

« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'226034\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 01:30 AM\']
By not being more forthcoming with your sources, you could be putting his career in danger just purely from a former association he had/has with G-R.net whether you realize it or not.
Think about what you just said. You want someone to name Charley Lipschitz as his source of information to protect Scott. Do you know what the consequences of doing that are likely to be? 1) Charley Lipschitz will stop sharing information, and 2) Charley Lipschitz' job is in jeopardy because he is now known to have leaked "sensitive" information about the show.

A source who is "outed" stops being a source. See Plame, Valerie and Throat, Deep.

Scott does not leak information on game show boards. He values his job.
[/quote]

I understand that.  I never said John needed to name and out his sources, just be more upfront as he safely can.

pentellit

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'226034\' date=\'Sep 14 2009, 11:30 PM\']A source who is "outed" stops being a source. See Plame, Valerie and Throat, Deep.

Scott does not leak information on game show boards. He values his job.[/quote]
Today's TPIR is not like it was during The Barker years.  The staff and crew no longer have to live in fear and dread like they did during the Barker-Dobkowitz regime.  This is no longer the "Barker Inquisition".

As far as "sources" go, it's not like they're spies and we're leaking classified military secrets on these boards.  If a person who works on the show reveals that the colors on the turntable are being changed, or that the work days are longer, this is not Top Secret information.   My 75 year old mother has more "sources" i.e. friends on Price, stage 33, and at TV City than all the pseudo authorities on these boards together, and the good news is that people are enjoying working on Price again.  They don't have to live in fear like they did during the Barker days, (and if they are, then most likely there's a reason for it).  The people that Corporate slated for firing are gone - Drew Carey is a nice guy - the crew is getting overtime again - and there's candy in the candy drawer again!  Life is good on TPIR.   I said "good", not easy, because there's no way it could be easy with a new host, new producer, and new director, but at least it's not the hell hole it was.  

/And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't "Deep Throat" divulge all that insider info and still live out his life without ever being outed?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:10:09 PM by pentellit »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'226061\' date=\'Sep 15 2009, 10:09 AM\']/And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't "Deep Throat" divulge all that insider info and still live out his life without ever being outed?[/quote]
Actually, no, he outed himself four years ago.

/don't think I wasn't curious to see what a basic Wiki search on "deep throat" would turn up
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe