The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TPIR Big Doors

(1/3) > >>

gaubster2:
Are the big doors operated on some sort of \"pulley\" system?  I operated the curtains for a concert when I was in elementary school and they were pretty heavy.  Is there one stage hand that pulls on ropes, etc?  The \"small\" open for Barker's entrance is awfully smooth...

How do they open those doors anyway?

whampyl03:
Yep, just a manually operated pulley system... here's the proof......

http://www.golden-road.net/modules.php?ful...=view_photo.php

Grant78898:
Anyone remember that one ep a few years ago when the doors were closing after Bob made his entrance then some of the sections of the door came apart?

Robert Hutchinson:
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' date=\'Jun 20 2003, 12:23 AM\'] The "small" open for Barker's entrance is awfully smooth... [/quote]
 I think they were training new people earlier this season, because the doors kept going a bit past the hexagon backdrop.

cmjb13:
The episode in question I believe is from April or May of 2001. I was at that show, but didn't recall it at the time. I saw myself in the audience for that show, so it did happen. They fixed the doors rather fast.

Last month, one of the panels in door #2 had a problem. You should have seen how fast they got that fixed. One guy brings in a rolling ladder and the guy who pulls the cables to open the doors fixes the problem.

I can't imagine the pressure he's under.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version