Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM bringing back phone qualification...  (Read 23382 times)

mcsittel

WWTBAM bringing back phone qualification...
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'220162\' date=\'Jul 14 2009, 02:11 PM\']It was mentioned on a WWTBAM-centric message board last week that one "Fifth Question" heard by a wanna-be contestant asked players to put four "reality" shows in order of their premiere.

The shows in question (Top Model, Top Chef, Biggest Loser, can't remember the fourth) premiered in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.[/quote]

** Celebrity Fit Club was the last one.  I got that question-I'd never heard of it!

Vgmastr

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2009, 07:59:11 PM »
So for the first time ever I get to question 5, and it's put reality shows in order, only these were Survivor, Amazing Race, Bachelorette, and Hell's Kitchen.  I knew the order, and I wrote them down in the right order, but I somehow must have typed them in wrong as I got the "I'm sorry" message.  I'm going to be sick, tonight was only the second time I've gotten past question 2.

TimK2003

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2009, 08:06:47 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'220180\' date=\'Jul 14 2009, 03:59 PM\'][quote name=\'ethanmx2\' post=\'220176\' date=\'Jul 14 2009, 04:39 PM\']Am i done and have to wait for the call (which, IIRC, is on Friday, correct?)?[/quote]Yes, and it depends on the tape date you selected.
[/quote]

So based on those who got far enough to pick a tape date, when is the date range of "The Calls"?  It sounds like they won't be doing them all on Friday.

A 8/3 Tape Date = Friday 7/17 Call.  Others??
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:07:07 PM by TimK2003 »

ethanmx2

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2009, 08:33:47 PM »
Would probably make sense if they did do them all in a Friday... think about it... 12 tapings, 120 players, 120 calls... each call should only last about maybe 3 minutes if they need to get information... 3x120=360... so about 6 hours to do all the finalists... add a lunch break, a buffer time... they can easilly do it within the 9 hour window.

chad1m

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2009, 08:38:31 PM »
If you selected your tape date as July 29 or July 30, you'll get a call this Thursday. For July 31 and August 3, this Friday. August 4 and August 5 will be called on Monday. Remember, all call times are 9 AM - 6 PM ET.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:11:21 PM by chad1m »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2009, 09:10:05 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'220200\' date=\'Jul 14 2009, 08:38 PM\']Remember, all call times are 9 PM - 6 PM ET.[/quote]
That seems unlikely.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »
Fixed. =P

trainman

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2009, 10:42:58 PM »
[quote name=\'ethanmx2\' post=\'220199\' date=\'Jul 14 2009, 05:33 PM\']each call should only last about maybe 3 minutes if they need to get information...[/quote]

I have a feeling the calls will last longer than 3 minutes, since they will need to give information, rather than just get it.

However, I also have a feeling they will have more than one person making the calls.
trainman is a man of trains

rebelwrest

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2009, 11:52:41 PM »
Tonight, I did two things at the same time.  One, passed the phone quiz.  Two, scare my friend from Germany into thinking I was having a seizure.  I must admit I thought my set of questions were easy.  This is how my set came out.

1.  Put these words together to form the name of an Asian body of water.
2.  Put these authors in chronological order of their birth (names were 200 years apart)
3.  Put these letters as they are found on a standard American keyboard
4.  Put these broadway musicals in order of when they first debuted (all debuted within the last 10 years)
5.  Put these comics in order of first printing (50 year span)

My theory is I got lucky.  I picked August 4th as my tape date, so fingers crossed.  Also, If I get on the show, you may get to meet my mom.  She is the one who supplied a "line of the day" when after I said I passed the Millionaire quiz but not the contestant interview said, "You got too many questions correct."
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2009, 12:15:51 AM »
I got burned on Q4 tonight.  They wanted roadways by length, and one of them, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, I'd not heard of. But I heard "tunnel" and decided "How long could it be?".  Turns out it's a 23 miles long system of bridges (plural) and tunnels (plural), much longer than either of the more famous bridges (Brooklyn and Golden Gate) mentioned in the question.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Monarx

« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »
I made it a few minutes ago.  Questions were:

Arrange these words in a 2007 TV movie in order: School, High, Two, Musical
Where are these on a guitar, top to bottom: Bridge, Sound hole, Headpiece, Neck
Place these amounts of change from low to high: 5 quarters, 20 nickels, 9 dimes, 99 prob-- er... pennies
Place these Civil War battles from where they took place, from the north: Shiloh, Manassas, Gettysburg, Tupelo (?)
Place these novels in geographical order of where they took place, starting with the Atlantic Ocean and moving east (Sorry, I don't remember the choices here, but the titles should clue you in if you get it.)
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

mmb5

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2009, 09:00:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'220215\' date=\'Jul 15 2009, 12:15 AM\']I got burned on Q4 tonight.  They wanted roadways by length, and one of them, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, I'd not heard of. But I heard "tunnel" and decided "How long could it be?".  Turns out it's a 23 miles long system of bridges (plural) and tunnels (plural), much longer than either of the more famous bridges (Brooklyn and Golden Gate) mentioned in the question.[/quote]
Weird.  For some reason at lunch yesterday we were talking about bridges (people were comparing travel stories) and someone mentioned that the Chesapeake was the longest bridge/tunnel in the U.S. and second in the world.  

Now that it's over, one of my biff questions was put these Jenny Craig spokespeople in order of pitching: Kirstie Alley, Queen Latifah, Valerie Bertinelli and one other I can't remember.  To me, the funnier way to do that question would be to rank them in pounds regained.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »
How does putting things in order quickly predict how good of a contestant one will be on the actual show?

Why not a series of multiple choice questions to qualify?

Congrats to those who qualified.  Everyone may have to stop at the $1000 level to get as many people on as possible, though. :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

mmb5

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2009, 10:15:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'220231\' date=\'Jul 15 2009, 09:52 AM\']How does putting things in order quickly predict how good of a contestant one will be on the actual show?

Why not a series of multiple choice questions to qualify?[/quote]

I've always wondered why it's not a combination of the two.  Two fastest finger Q's (one hard, one difficult) and then one multiple choice Q in each of the three tiers.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
What's the difference between a hard Q and a difficult Q?

Also, I must be the most scatterbrained person ever, because I haven't even remembered to call in and try this once.