Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An "unbelievably cool change" coming to TPIR this next seaso  (Read 32296 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
An "unbelievably cool change" coming to TPIR this next seaso
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 07:52:42 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'218698\' date=\'Jun 21 2009, 04:32 PM\'][quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'218697\' date=\'Jun 21 2009, 06:25 PM\'][quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'218680\' date=\'Jun 21 2009, 05:08 PM\']Wow, the Wet Paint game! I can hardly wait![/quote]
Maybe they're bringing back Gallery Game.
[/quote]

Now *that* is something to shudder about.
[/quote]
Nitwits! They're bringing back Professor Price. A fanb0i told me that when Drew heard about Professor Price, he thought it was so high-larious that he demanded they bring it back.

And the Hollywood mural. Some wise-ass says they're bringing it back, too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:52:56 PM by chris319 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2009, 08:00:01 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'218700\' date=\'Jun 21 2009, 07:52 PM\']Nitwits! They're bringing back Professor Price. A fanb0i told me that when Drew heard about Professor Price, he thought it was so high-larious that he demanded they bring it back.[/quote]
Whoa there captain.  I was joking (I know you are too...but since:
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'218598\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 09:08 PM\']If it isn't the return of Professor Price, I'm done watching the show forever.

(/s?)[/quote]...don't want the wrong impression coming across!)

The only reason I can see DC showing up on a non-tape day like this is because this "OMG COOL CHANGE" involves him and he had to rehearse.

(I thought they did tapings Sun-Tues, now they are "back" to Mon-Wed...when'd that change?)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »
I'm not sure Professor Price would be such a bad idea with Mr. Carey at the helm. It would certainly bring some dignity and decorum given the bad comedy they've been doing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:08:53 PM by chris319 »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2009, 08:46:23 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'218680\' date=\'Jun 21 2009, 05:08 PM\']You're going to have a hard time convincing me that Drew spends his free time shilling for the show by posting to the Internet, much less hanging in studio 33 snapping pictures of the Wet Paint game.[/quote]

Well, Drew spends some of his free time playing Second Life, as well as tweeting, blogging and whatever else. I'd find it in the realm of possibility, myself. I figure it's a combo of what tpirfan said and the fact he uses a lot of technology already; he was probably there for some other reason and couldn't help but post a few things.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'218702\' date=\'Jun 21 2009, 08:00 PM\']I thought they did tapings Sun-Tues[/quote]
That was only a few times, and then only because of scheduling conflicts.

WhammyPower

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
Price has gone green: According to Marc Green, Contestants' Row is now LED.

Also, Mike Richards is EP.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:32:49 PM by WhammyPower »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »
I read that as "Mike Richards is also LED"

Now that would be unbelievably cool.
This signature is currently under construction.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 12:47:43 AM »
Two new tweets from Drew- First one includes a pic of DiPirro, Richards, and Fingers, where you can see that they are using the MDS lights around the edge of the stage. I am wondering if that plasma is staying on stage in plain sight for this season- probably not.
http://yfrog.com/5gfqjbj
EDIT: Sorry, forgot the pic was already posted!

Second, straight from the tweeter's thumbs:
"TPIR Will be tweeting from backstage tomorrow from my arrival til show start. With pics! Stay tuned! :) Show airs Sept-U get 1st!"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:06:59 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 02:41:49 AM »
"TPIR Will be tweeting from backstage tomorrow from my arrival til show start. With pics! Stay tuned! :) Show airs Sept-U get 1st!"
Is the Wet Paint Game in the lineup?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »
Here's a new one:
New blog up. Good night. :) http://drewfromtv.blogspot.com/

The blog entry is actually pretty good...no new info in it concerning S38, but still a good read nonetheless.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2009, 11:27:49 AM »
In his newest blog, Drew refers to the trip skins as "old paintings." Touts the triumph that is "trips you'd kill for" instead of grandfather clocks.

Sadly, as Drew misses the point a few times with his thoughts, an impassioned G-R.net user commented on the post, spewing claptrap about what Drew's rumored to have done on the set, and in turn invalidating all criticism of Drew's Price vs. Classic Price. Hopefully some more reasoned discussion with Drew can happen in time. It's clear he cares about Price, and he's accessible.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

SamJ93

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »
So the change to LEDs actually is a budget-saving move, in a way...assuming the old displays are the same ones they've had since they were installed 30+ years ago, they probably eat up quite a bit of energy.  Newer displays would be much more efficient.

If this is the case (and I'm only making an educated guess) then I certainly wouldn't mind and will gladly ignore the fanboy rabble-rousing.

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

BillCullen1

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2009, 02:15:46 PM »
Here's my guess:

Since Bobbo's gone, they're giving away furs again. Zinman Furs is still in business in Camden, NJ.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:16:19 PM by BillCullen1 »

BillCullen1

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'218672\' date=\'Jun 21 2009, 04:22 PM\']More likely, they get rid of the whole "without going over" thing in Contestants' Row, Card Game and the Showcases. After all, it only causes sadness. And nobody remembers Cullen's version anyway.[/quote]

First off, Mark Goodson said the "without going over" rule was genius. It prevented conflict and assured ONE winner, not two. What happens if you throw out this rule and one person is fifty bucks under and one person is fifty bucks over? You have a conflict, and don't say they both win and both come up to play the same pricing game.

As for nobody remembering Cullen's version, think again. I'm sure Matt Ottinger, for one, remembers.

BTW, if you're just kidding. my apologies.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:34:29 PM by BillCullen1 »

tvwxman

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »
http://img4.yfrog.com/i/oru.jpg/

Now you may all speculate. Major set change.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"