Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Small tidbit about PT Millionaire  (Read 1090 times)

efbyon

Small tidbit about PT Millionaire
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »
From an interview Parade.com's Jeanne Wolf did with Regis:

We have a celebrity at the end of each show, who represents their favorite charity. There will be one question for a prize of $50,000.

No mention of whether the celeb will have any lifelines at his/her disposal or have any outside help.

While this could remind people of how the network version of Millionaire went down the tubes, it could still be fun to watch.  Maybe the celeb can be in the audience and participate in the Audience lifeline while the regular contestants play.  I'm guessing they'll do their best to get those celebs that did well in the various celebrity shows (Rosie O'Donnell, Norm MacDonald, Drew Carey), provided that whatever TV network they currently have connections to have no problem with such an appearance.  Even Meredith could do it if they want an obvious plug for Syndie Millionaire.

Fred

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
[quote name=\'efbyon\' post=\'217776\' date=\'Jun 11 2009, 03:17 PM\']While this could remind people of how the network version of Millionaire went down the tubes[/quote]That was my first thought when I heard about the celebrity gimmick. "So, let's bring back, albeit in a limited format, what helped kill the show the first time around? Logical."

Speedy G

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:51:59 PM »
Ctrl+F "million dollar moment"

One instance found.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*