The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Bob Barker Honored

(1/2) > >>

inturnaround:
From zap2it.com

Bob Barker has been elected to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame along with other TV legends Art Carney, Dan Rather and the late Brandon Tartikoff.

Katie Couric was also elected.

GS Warehouse:
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 02:34 PM\'] From zap2it.com

Bob Barker has been elected to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame along with other TV legends Art Carney, Dan Rather and the late Brandon Tartikoff.

Katie Couric was also elected. [/quote]
 I didn't think Art Carney was still with us.  I think he's the last surviving Honeymooner, isn't he?

inturnaround:
Yes, he'll be turning 95 years old next week.

Although not the only Honeymooner still alive, he's the only one left from the TV series. (Various people have played Trixie and Alice...like Shiela MacRae who is still with us)

zachhoran:
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 03:15 PM\'] Yes, he'll be turning 95 years old next week.

Although not the only Honeymooner still alive, he's the only one left from the TV series. (Various people have played Trixie and Alice...like Shiela MacRae who is still with us) [/quote]
 He'll be 85 on 11/4, as per imdb.com, not 95.

inturnaround:
You're absolutely right. Man, I can't believe I spaced out on the math. :)

At any rate, Art deserves it. Not sure Katie has paid her dues enough yet to warrant a Hall of Fame induction, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version