Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RUMOR: Syd Vinnedge no longer EP of TPiR?  (Read 19815 times)

NickS

RUMOR: Syd Vinnedge no longer EP of TPiR?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'216904\' date=\'May 29 2009, 03:15 PM\']I don't care why Eskander is gone, but I'm just glad he's out. DiPirro's doing great.[/quote]

Seconded.  Sorry to mish-mash other threads into here but with the mention re: DiPirro bringing back the magic pointer during bonus spins (which I think with all the bg lights and everything looks *stellar*) and a possible comeback of Pyramid... throwing in the opinion that if Pyramid does come back, keeping some throwback elements can never hurt.

pentellit

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'216974\' date=\'May 30 2009, 06:31 PM\'][quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'216970\' date=\'May 30 2009, 04:40 PM\']Also Millionaire81 brought up a good point regarding an ongoing case, so rather than explain further and go into more details, I'm just going to STHU and change the subject... for now![/quote]
This is what I was afraid of...

You seem very knowledgeable, and I apologize if I'm a little harsh, but I'm now concerned regarding your credibility on this because you went for so long with details until someone pointed out a very obvious point.   A point that if you understood the severity of the allegations and lawsuits as you said, you probably would've never mentioned anything for fear of ruining the case.

Sorry if I'm crucifying you on a hunch.  I hope I'm wrong on this one.[/quote]
No prob Millionaire81, you brought up a valid point that I needed to consider.

Obviously there is a comglomerate of powerful people who have zillions invested in the huge TPIR library and it's image and potential revenue.  They also have a batallion of lawyers whose job is to protect those interests.  They are powerful and scary, and Bob Barker is the scariest of them all.  

So for now, I'm just going to sit back and wait and watch as The Truth comes out, because it always does!  

"The Truth will out, and in the end what is True will come to be known."

So hey, how 'bout that Conan O'Brien? :)

J.R.

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2009, 12:10:19 AM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'216970\' date=\'May 30 2009, 04:40 PM\']So hey, how 'bout that Leno?  ;)[/quote]
I enjoyed his last Tonight Show.

Totally looking forward to the start of the Conan Era. He's gonna be great.

/Johnny Carson's last show is still the greatest ever.
-Joe Raygor

TimK2003

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2009, 09:58:26 AM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'216979\' date=\'May 30 2009, 10:03 PM\']So for now, I'm just going to sit back and wait and watch as The Truth comes out, because it always does!  

"The Truth will out, and in the end what is True will come to be known."[/quote]

The Truth is out there, thus says The X Files.  

Perhaps Bob Barker is not of this world.

And just how far is Truth or Consequences, New Mexico from Roswell, anyway???

pentellit

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2009, 10:15:49 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'216996\' date=\'May 31 2009, 06:58 AM\'][quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'216979\' date=\'May 30 2009, 10:03 PM\']So for now, I'm just going to sit back and wait and watch as The Truth comes out, because it always does!  
"The Truth will out, and in the end what is True will come to be known."[/quote]
[/quote]
LOL!

I LOVE a good Xer reference!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2009, 04:09:04 PM »

I decided to look it up because for whatever reason I was intrigued to find out (jokes tend to do that to me)...

217 or 256 miles, depending on what highway you take. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

HYHYBT

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
Now the rest of us know how "The Price Is Right" has survived so long in a solid lineup of soap operas.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2009, 10:28:50 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'217023\' date=\'May 31 2009, 04:40 PM\']Now the rest of us know how "The Price Is Right" has survived so long in a solid lineup of soap operas.[/quote]

I lol'd at this one.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

pentellit

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'216654\' date=\'May 26 2009, 09:59 PM\']Ok, ok, ok, I put some calls out.  I'll let you know.  

But in the meantime, I have another provocative rumor word... "hospital".  Anyone have any inside dish on that?[/quote]
OK, here's the dish on "hospital".  

Bob Barker left the GSN Awards Show immediately after receiving his award.  People thought that was rude, especially since it was coming on the heels of primadonna Barker's reported problems with the beloved Betty White appearing.

This week the Nat'l Enquirer has a piece on Monty Hall commenting on Barker's rudeness.  (Barker is now claiming he had to leave early to go to the hospital, because of a pain in his shin.)

That was the "hospital" reference I made, but I had to wait for a confirmation, if you can call the National Enquirer a "confirmation"!  :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:18:05 PM by pentellit »

comicus

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2009, 07:03:35 PM »
It's one thing to be an arrogant egomaniac who demands fawning adulation from everyone surrounding him at all times.  But to diss Monty Hall... that's cold, yo.

bwood

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2009, 07:17:30 PM »
Since he left right after his award, did they edit the show to make it look like Barker was there the whole time (or edit the show to show his award earlier, out of order)? I didn't pay close detail to the whole ordeal but I seem to remember a few reaction shots of Barker when people said his name after he received his award. If that's what they did, that's funny.

I did notice that they interviewed him, award in hand, before he even got it, which was noticeably out of order (and seemed out of place).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:18:01 PM by bwood »

Don Howard

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2009, 04:00:23 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'217522\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 04:05 PM\']if you can call the National Enquirer a "confirmation"!  :)[/quote]
Good ole Enquirer. All the news that's fit to print and even some that isn't.
I was out for a while and missed your entry into the forum, pentellit.
So a belated welcome to you from me.
A billion dollars has been raised for charity by Monty. Wow!
Those of you in attendance at The 2005 Game Show Congrefs will remember Monty saying that was a big goal of his. And he's made it! Cheers to him.
Speaking of the '05 Con, is the DVD available from that one yet? I really want to relive that Shelley Berman speech.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:00:37 PM by Don Howard »

pentellit

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'217631\' date=\'Jun 9 2009, 01:00 PM\']I was out for a while and missed your entry into the forum, pentellit.
So a belated welcome to you from me.
A billion dollars has been raised for charity by Monty. Wow![/quote]
Hi Don, Thank you so much for your welcome!  I'm happy to be here.  This is a great "Forum".

And how 'bout that Monty!  What an achievement!  Bless his kind and generous heart.  And what a classy speech he made.  OMG! Carol came all that way just to be there for him, how special was that!  What a nite.  Thumbs up to GSN.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »
pentellit and all -

You should watch Monty Hall's oral history here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CF043FDA8679733E

It is fascinating.

pentellit

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'217667\' date=\'Jun 9 2009, 10:11 PM\']pentellit and all -

You should watch Monty Hall's oral history here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CF043FDA8679733E

It is fascinating.[/quote]
Wow!  That was great!  Monty, what a guy.  Thanks for sharing that Chris.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:14:47 PM by pentellit »