Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: RUMOR: Syd Vinnedge no longer EP of TPiR?  (Read 19798 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
RUMOR: Syd Vinnedge no longer EP of TPiR?
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:19 AM\']
Her lawyer, Nick A. Alden, wanted to take the deposition of CBS CEO Leslie Moonves and ask whether he dated network employees and promoted them."
[/quote]
Lawyer: "We would to enter as Plaintiff's Exhibit A this life-sized mannequin found at the Moonves residence."

Julie Chen <struggling>: "How many times do I have to tell you, I am NOT a..."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BillCullen1

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:19 PM\']
Her lawyer, Nick A. Alden, wanted to take the deposition of CBS CEO Leslie Moonves and ask whether he dated network employees and promoted them."
[/quote]

I can just imagine his response: "Ahh, homina homina. . . ."

tvrandywest

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:19 AM\']I can honestly say this stuff is awesome to read. More please :)[/quote]
It's like learning that at "The Happiest Place on Earth" the Seven Dwarfs are actually clinically depressed hypo-pituitary cases. ;-)

While it is fascinating reading for those whose primary view of "Price" has been through the TV screen, I just want to add that this story has involved some very real pain, sadness and frustration for some very real people.  ;(

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

pentellit

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:19 AM\']I can honestly say this stuff is awesome to read. More please :)

Here's a small tidbit on the case

Basically says Curling cannot take the deposition of Mr. Moonves.

I love this quote:

[/quote]
Referring no doubt to Moonves promoting then girlfriend Julie Chen.

Moonves is now divorced from first wife and is expecting baby with new wife (former employee!) Chen.

"FORGET TNT, TPIR KNOWS DRAMA!"  J.R.

cmjb13

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 01:51:24 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'216876\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:38 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:19 AM\']I can honestly say this stuff is awesome to read. More please :)[/quote]
It's like learning that at "The Happiest Place on Earth" the Seven Dwarfs are actually clinically depressed hypo-pituitary cases. ;-)

While it is fascinating reading for those whose primary view of "Price" has been through the TV screen, I just want to add that this story has involved some very real pain, sadness and frustration for some very real people.  ;(

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]
Good to note Randy. Maybe I should have said "fascinating" instead of "awesome"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:51:36 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 02:04:53 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'216873\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:33 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:19 AM\']
[/quote]
Lawyer: "We would to enter as Plaintiff's Exhibit A this life-sized mannequin found at the Moonves residence."

Julie Chen <struggling>: "How many times do I have to tell you, I am NOT a..."
[/quote]

I laughed out loud for that one.
insert signature here

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'216878\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:45 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:19 AM\']I can honestly say this stuff is awesome to read. More please :)

Here's a small tidbit on the case

Basically says Curling cannot take the deposition of Mr. Moonves.

I love this quote:

[/quote]
Referring no doubt to Moonves promoting then girlfriend Julie Chen.

Moonves is now divorced from first wife and is expecting baby with new wife (former employee!) Chen.

"FORGET TNT, TPIR KNOWS DRAMA!"  J.R.
[/quote]

Mr. Mooves DATING network employees to offer promotions?  No way!!!!

How did Nina Tassler earn her job?

/OH SNAP!  :-)  On the next Maury!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:29:57 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

Millionaire81

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »
Pentellit:

Trust me, I think all of this has been fascinating to learn and disappointing to see what has been attempted to sweep under the rug, but I must say while I have no reason to doubt the truthfulness of what you say...how can you divulge so much information without possibly damaging the pending lawsuit your friend is currently involved in?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 04:00:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'216873\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:33 PM\']Lawyer: "We would to enter as Plaintiff's Exhibit A this life-sized mannequin found at the Moonves residence."

Julie Chen <struggling>: "How many times do I have to tell you, I am NOT a..."[/quote]
That reminds me, even though this came to light a while ago, it appears that CBS' robot technology has taken a great leap forward.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »
"Dobkowitz was released because he was resistant to change and didn't want any implemented." Roger I think would have changed his teeth to keep that job. But we all knew Roger was history the minute Barker was out, and it was just a matter of timing to get whoever the new host was going to be thru the first season. I believe Roger could have painted his head purple to show his willingness to change and it wouldn't have mattered because his fate was sealed. (And he was the one who sealed it.)
This is the commonly-held belief among us outsiders, but what does it have to do with Deborah Curling and her lawsuit? Also, what source are you quoting?

[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'216876\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:38 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'216871\' date=\'May 29 2009, 10:19 AM\']I can honestly say this stuff is awesome to read. More please :)[/quote]

[/quote]
If there is a sliver lining to this cloud, Randy, it is that employees could testify in these depos without having to choose between perjuring themselves or losing their jobs. At least I assume that's the case.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:07:18 PM by chris319 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »
OBChenbot:  Found this gem on Wiki.
OBEskander:  Can't believe that litigation and testimony brought down Eskander from his position...I figured it would have been his poor directing (Blow a Double Prices reveal?  Jeesh. </CK>).
OBThread:  It's interesting...it's all a lot deeper than what I thought.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

chad1m

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »
I don't care why Eskander is gone, but I'm just glad he's out. DiPirro's doing great.

OBChenbot: They did a good job of all of the wiring and initiating lifelike movements. On Password, if I hadn't known before, I would've never guessed about her AI (which was apparently equipped with Roget's thesaurus) and iron parts.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:16:26 PM by chad1m »

rwalker

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2009, 12:28:04 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'216807\' date=\'May 28 2009, 06:43 PM\'][quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'216806\' date=\'May 28 2009, 06:31 PM\']Forget TNT. TPIR knows drama.[/quote]
Indeed.
[/quote]

You won the board. How can anybody NOT love that logo?

/TPIR fan or not, it's a truism

pentellit

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'216899\' date=\'May 29 2009, 01:05 PM\']
"Dobkowitz was released because he was resistant to change and didn't want any implemented." Roger I think would have changed his teeth to keep that job. But we all knew Roger was history the minute Barker was out, and it was just a matter of timing to get whoever the new host was going to be thru the first season. I believe Roger could have painted his head purple to show his willingness to change and it wouldn't have mattered because his fate was sealed. (And he was the one who sealed it.)
This is the commonly-held belief among us outsiders, but what does it have to do with Deborah Curling and her lawsuit? Also, what source are you quoting?
[/quote]
Hi Chris, I was quoting cmjb13.  Sorry, I'm still working on mastering those quote thingies.
[quote name=\'cmjb13\']I had thought that Dobkowitz was released because he was resistant to change and didn't want any implemented.[/quote]
Also Millionaire81 brought up a good point regarding an ongoing case, so rather than explain further and go into more details, I'm just going to STHU and change the subject... for now!

So hey, how 'bout that Leno?  ;)

Millionaire81

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2009, 09:31:51 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'216970\' date=\'May 30 2009, 04:40 PM\']Also Millionaire81 brought up a good point regarding an ongoing case, so rather than explain further and go into more details, I'm just going to STHU and change the subject... for now![/quote]
This is what I was afraid of...

You seem very knowledgeable, and I apologize if I'm a little harsh, but I'm now concerned regarding your credibility on this because you went for so long with details until someone pointed out a very obvious point.   A point that if you understood the severity of the allegations and lawsuits as you said, you probably would've never mentioned anything for fear of ruining the case.

Sorry if I'm crucifying you on a hunch.  I hope I'm wrong on this one.