Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Barris interviewed in Newsweek  (Read 1940 times)

alfonzos

Chuck Barris interviewed in Newsweek
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »
The issue with Stephen Colbert on the cover. FWIW, the magazine uses a more recent photograph than the link does.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

narzo

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:35:00 AM »
please tell me this is a small part of a much larger interview.  Otherwise Nicki Gostin is the single most overpaid journalist in the history of journalism.

I'm sorry but anytime you ask your subject, a writer,  "do you like writing?" you deserve a career wiping up the spilled coffee of real journalists.  My 12 year old niece could ask better questions.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 04:11:41 AM »
Speaking of which, my soon-to-be 18-year old niece is about to have her first book published, though it's really a historical look at my hometown from a young author's point pf view.  Even she can ask better questions like "How far back do you remember your days living in this town?"  "Do you like writing?" is just as obnoxious as asking a town mayor if he likes politics.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:09:13 AM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'217668\' date=\'Jun 10 2009, 01:35 AM\']please tell me this is a small part of a much larger interview.  Otherwise Nicki Gostin is the single most overpaid journalist in the history of journalism.

I'm sorry but anytime you ask your subject, a writer,  "do you like writing?" you deserve a career wiping up the spilled coffee of real journalists.  My 12 year old niece could ask better questions.[/quote]
So it wasn't just me. I was wondering whose high school newspaper allowed her to ask these questions. Had me questioning Newsweek's credibility.

/Of course, some Time magazine columnist wrote an article decrying Facebook's Top 25 facts meme that all the cool kids were doing
//Came off as an obnoxious holier than thou piece
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

inturnaround

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:24 AM »
I write quite a bit, but I'd hardly say I enjoy writing. It's a bit of torture to me. I know it is for a lot of writers.

Why do I do it, though? Because I enjoy having written. Exercises my brain and exorcises my demons most of the time. I say it's a valid question.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

davemackey

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:27:05 PM »
I forget who the interview subject was, but a famous actor was interviewed and asked whether he liked to emulate certain aspects of his character when not on the set. The actor rejoindered, "Well, when you go home, do you sit around and write articles just for the hell of it?"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'217759\' date=\'Jun 11 2009, 10:27 AM\']The actor rejoindered, "Well, when you go home, do you sit around and write articles just for the hell of it?"[/quote]
Um, yeah, sometimes! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe