Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker vs. Betty White Feud  (Read 10386 times)

BillCullen1

Bob Barker vs. Betty White Feud
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:41 AM »
The latest in the Bob Barker saga. Buzzerblog reports that Bob Barker may pull out of his appearance at the GSN Awards if Betty White shows up. This all stems from an elephant that outgrew his pen at the L.A. Zoo. Betty wanted to build a bigger pen, Bob wanted to relocate the elephant. Betty won out, and Bob is reportedly furious!!!  It's reported that GSN will tell Betty to stay home if Barker is indeed mad at her. He's scheduled to get an award, she's not and I think it's safe to say that GSN doesn't want a controversy at their first awards show.

You know, I figured when Bob retired he would go quietly and not stir up any more trouble. He's got what, nine or ten lawsuits against him. But yet he still wants it all to be ABOUT HIM!! It's too bad that Mark Goodson, Ralph Edwards and Dorothy Jo have all died, because at this point, someone needs to tell Bob:

"The world doesn't revolve around you. Check your ego at the door and GROW THE DAMN HELL UP!!"

I'm almost hoping Betty DOES show up, even if she's told to stay home.

xavier45

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »
http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/game-...white/#comments

Pretty much, Bob is still angry at Betty White over an Elephant that he wanted to move out of the LA Zoo and move to San Andreas because it was getting to big for its cage. Betty wanted to build a larger cage for it and keep it at the LA Zoo, and she won that fight. Now Barker is saying that if Betty shows up, he will not attend the awards show.

I say, if Bob no shows, give that award that was supposed to go to him and give it to Betty.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:41:03 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'215485\' date=\'May 12 2009, 11:55 AM\']Betty won out, and Bob is reportedly furious!!![/quote]
Someone mad at BETTY WHITE? Now hold on just a damn second...
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'215485\' date=\'May 12 2009, 11:55 AM\']I think it's safe to say that GSN doesn't want a controversy at their first awards show.[/quote]
You mean, they don't want lots of free publicity at one of their tv shows? They don't want other people , who likely don't know or care that GSN even exists, to hear about it?

You obviously don't work in show biz, media, or certainly, public relations.

Two old coots (one beloved for their work on television since it practically began and who raises scores of money for animal rights, and the other one, the host of the Price is Right)...... one of them picking a fight with the other over something true to their heart, but absolutely silly in the minds of the public? This is a goldmine for GSN and their little award ceremony.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

itiparanoid13

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 12:56:45 PM »
Like Matt said, this is a dream for GSN right now.  I mean on my end alone I've been linked to Gawker, Newser, StumbleUpon's been going crazy recently, my hits in 12 hours are higher than they were yesterday already, and a lot of the major places that link to me haven't even updated yet.  The sheer attention they must be getting over there right now is a dream come true for them.

I'm so friggin excited about being at the awards Saturday now, though, haha.  It just became so much more fun and interesting
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:57:22 PM by itiparanoid13 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'215485\' date=\'May 12 2009, 10:55 AM\']He's scheduled to get an award, she's not and I think it's safe to say that GSN doesn't want a controversy at their first awards show.[/quote]Of course not.  Betty would never be in the running for biggest abject jackass.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'215492\' date=\'May 12 2009, 12:51 PM\']Two old coots (one beloved for their work on television since it practically began and who raises scores of money for animal rights, and the other one, the host of the Price is Right)...... one of them picking a fight with the other over something true to their heart, but absolutely silly in the minds of the public? This is a goldmine for GSN and their little award ceremony.[/quote]

Okay, so we're working on the premise that "there's no such thing as bad publicity." Okay, fine, but if Barker pulls his prima-donna act, it's just not going to look good on the awards show itself. He'll look like a jackass (though many think he's done that already) - yeah - you know, this could be the biggest hatefest since Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. If Betty White takes the Bette Davis role, Barker would be "Game Show Host Dearest" - coat hangers and all. You know, this is getting more interesting by the minute.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'215496\' date=\'May 12 2009, 01:22 PM\']Okay, so we're working on the premise that "there's no such thing as bad publicity." Okay, fine, but if Barker pulls his prima-donna act, it's just not going to look good on the awards show itself.[/quote]
I think you're missing the point. GSN is still a second-tier cable network, even after almost 15 years. A niche channel, if you would. If anything, this incident gives a second-tier cable network more exposure for an upcoming event, and allows them to get more viewers curious to see what the fuss is about. In the meantime, they'll see an awards show for game shows...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:20 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'215497\' date=\'May 12 2009, 01:29 PM\']A niche channel, if you would. If anything, this incident gives a second-tier cable network more exposure for an upcoming event, and allows them to get more viewers curious to see what the fuss is about. In the meantime, they'll see an awards show for game shows...[/quote]
Honestly, GSN could get away with saying they have the Most Anticipated/Talked About Award Show out on TV, simply because of the dramu.
This signature is currently under construction.

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'215486\' date=\'May 12 2009, 11:56 AM\']http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/game-...white/#comments

I say, if Bob no shows, give that award that was supposed to go to him and give it to Betty.[/quote]

I second that. Apparently Xavier and I both posted a thread on this subject about a minute apart. I think Bob is being very petty, not to mention a horse's ass about this whole thing. But it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It also give GSN some free publicity about their upcoming awards show.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'215502\' date=\'May 12 2009, 02:54 PM\']Apparently Xavier and I both posted a thread on this subject about a minute apart.[/quote]
Now merged, and since yours was first by a minute, you become the OP!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'215492\' date=\'May 12 2009, 11:51 AM\']Two old coots (one beloved for their work on television since it practically began and who raises scores of money for animal rights, and the other one, the host of the Price is Right)[/quote]

I lol'd.  Well stated.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 03:16:35 PM »
I am utterly freakin' baffled that you folks are making such a big deal out of a "story" whose LONE cited source is the National Enquirer. Some of you, at least, know better.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:18:08 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »
I haven't brought this out in a while: Bob Barker. Serious Business.
-Joe Raygor

Mr. Matté

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 07:31:20 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'215525\' date=\'May 12 2009, 05:02 PM\']I haven't brought this out in a while: Bob Barker. Serious Business.[/quote]
And for those rooting on the opposite side: Betty White: Serious Business.