Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who can host LMAD?  (Read 9219 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 06:50:44 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'213842\' date=\'Apr 23 2009, 02:55 PM\']
Or c): He auditioned, didn't care if he got the job or not,[/quote]
That would be a subset of (b).
Or, it could be a mistake of his.
Could be. I just have a hard time believing a 25-year broadcast veteran would make such a mistake. You don't last 25 years in the business making mistakes like that.

(I'm also willing to entertain that his agent screwed up and failed to tell him to keep it hush-hush. But then, as an agent, you don't get high-profile clients like Dan Patrick by screwing up like THAT either.)

/boom-boom, the party starter!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 06:57:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'213844\' date=\'Apr 23 2009, 05:50 PM\']
Could be. I just have a hard time believing a 25-year broadcast veteran would make such a mistake. You don't last 25 years in the business making mistakes like that.

(I'm also willing to entertain that his agent screwed up and failed to tell him to keep it hush-hush. But then, as an agent, you don't get high-profile clients like Dan Patrick by screwing up like THAT either.)
[/quote]

If that's the case, one of the two's drooling the drool of remorse into the pillow of regret.

Jimmy Owen

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »
I think it was a comedy bit.  A couple years back he said he was asked to audition for TPIR, but declined. Sounds like a running gag.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Millionaire81

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'213842\' date=\'Apr 23 2009, 04:55 PM\']
Hey Millionaire81 - so you make an honest mistake like we all do and Patrick might have done... you going to call yourself a "moron?"[/quote]
No, but I fully expect everyone else to.  

That was no honest mistake, it's just unprofessional carelessness.  Come on, do you really think he wasn't told to be confidential about it?  I just can't imagine the producers saying "your audition is off because you said something about it, even though we never told you to not say anything."  

They had to have told him to shut it, if they called it off due to that.  My question is...did he ever really have an audition?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:55:23 PM by Millionaire81 »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2009, 01:21:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'213866\' date=\'Apr 23 2009, 07:55 PM\']
That was no honest mistake, it's just unprofessional carelessness.  Come on, do you really think he wasn't told to be confidential about it?  I just can't imagine the producers saying "your audition is off because you said something about it, even though we never told you to not say anything."  
[/quote]

You've obviously never heard of "benefit of the doubt", have you?

Holy sweet monkey dung, you're ignorant. I would think 25 years in broadcasting would make a difference to you, but apparently it doesn't.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:22:07 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

NickS

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
That was no honest mistake, it's just unprofessional carelessness.
[/quote]
Sounds like you have the bottom line on everything, so I'll take your word for it.

Come on, do you really think he wasn't told to be confidential about it?  I just can't imagine the producers saying "your audition is off because you said something about it, even though we never told you to not say anything."

Millionaire81 - I wasn't there.  Neither were you.  Neither of us know if he were told or not.  Do you know what was done and what was said?

I'm just trying to make the point that he *could* have made a mistake and if am wrong will gladly stand corrected on this matter.  Hopefully, you'll do the same.

clemon79

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 02:54:44 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'213919\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 09:34 AM\']
I'm just trying to make the point that he *could* have made a mistake and if am wrong will gladly stand corrected on this matter.  Hopefully, you'll do the same.[/quote]
And we're closer to agreeing than you might think, because, while that is theoretically possible (also theoretically possible: the producers decided before auditioning Patrick to give the job outright to Gilbert Gottfried), Occam's Razor leads me to believe that that is not the case.

NickS

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 03:33:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'213938\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 01:54 PM\']
(the producers decided before auditioning Patrick to give the job outright to Gilbert Gottfried)
[/quote]

There's one case where I wish Occam's Razor would not be applied.

"You gave away $3,100 away in a Living Room set for $1,750 in Gilbert's Money Bank?  YOU FOOL!"

Millionaire81

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'213919\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 11:34 AM\']
That was no honest mistake, it's just unprofessional carelessness.
[/quote]
Sounds like you have the bottom line on everything, so I'll take your word for it.

Come on, do you really think he wasn't told to be confidential about it?  I just can't imagine the producers saying "your audition is off because you said something about it, even though we never told you to not say anything."

Millionaire81 - I wasn't there.  Neither were you.  Neither of us know if he were told or not.  Do you know what was done and what was said?

I'm just trying to make the point that he *could* have made a mistake and if am wrong will gladly stand corrected on this matter.  Hopefully, you'll do the same.
[/quote]

I'm not really sure we're disagreeing as much as you think.  I'm just saying it seems more likely one way than the other.  

Either way, business-wise, he probably should have kept it to himself.  What did he stand to gain by telling folks before he had the job?  If I were a producer and heard he auditioned and didn't get it, I'd be inclined to think if this guy couldn't get a job hosting a game show what business does he have heading up a possible future project of mine?

Matt Ottinger

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 07:06:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'213964\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 06:21 PM\']
I'm not really sure we're disagreeing as much as you think.  I'm just saying it seems more likely one way than the other.  

Either way, business-wise, he probably should have kept it to himself.  What did he stand to gain by telling folks before he had the job?  [/quote]
Exactly.  Dan Patrick has been employed in television and radio longer than you've been alive.  He knows far more about the world of broadcasting than you do.  He knows better than to make a careless mistake like that on the air, much less admit on the air a second time that he MADE such a blunder and that it cost him a job.  And you're saying it's MORE likely that a guy with that kind of experience would do something like that and LESS likely that a guy with that much experience and a reputation for smart-aleck goofing around might just have been kidding?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Millionaire81

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'213969\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 06:06 PM\']
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'213964\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 06:21 PM\']

Either way, business-wise, he probably should have kept it to himself.  What did he stand to gain by telling folks before he had the job?  [/quote]
Exactly.  Dan Patrick has been employed in television and radio longer than you've been alive.  He knows far more about the world of broadcasting than you do.  He knows better than to make a careless mistake like that on the air, much less admit on the air a second time that he MADE such a blunder and that it cost him a job.  And you're saying it's MORE likely that a guy with that kind of experience would do something like that and LESS likely that a guy with that much experience and a reputation for smart-aleck goofing around might just have been kidding?
[/quote]

Again, I think we're agreeing here.  Trust me I think it was a joke also.  I'm stating the argument as to why he knows better than to do that.  

Can we just state this was shtick and move on?

clemon79

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'213948\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 12:33 PM\']
There's one case where I wish Occam's Razor would not be applied.

"You gave away $3,100 away in a Living Room set for $1,750 in Gilbert's Money Bank?  YOU FOOL!"[/quote]
Honestly, I'd have a Season Pass set in a plug second too. :)

Don Howard

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'213972\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 07:45 PM\']
Trust me I think it was a joke also.
[/quote]
Is that why you called him a moron?

pentellit

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2009, 11:45:16 PM »
I am totally liking the Alton Brown idea!  (just my $.02)

Millionaire81

Who can host LMAD?
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 11:47:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'213984\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 09:25 PM\']
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' post=\'213972\' date=\'Apr 24 2009, 07:45 PM\']
Trust me I think it was a joke also.
[/quote]
Is that why you called him a moron?
[/quote]

No, I called him a moron before it was mentioned that he was joking.  Anything else I can go back and read for you?