Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Priceless Memories  (Read 1397 times)

JayDLewis

Priceless Memories
« on: March 31, 2009, 09:20:43 PM »
Missing a hyphen, but a pretty apt description of 'ol Barker's book.

14 pages dedicated to the show that made him a household name for 35 years. No mention of Rod but Johnny and Rich get mentions.

No one was expecting any dirt from Barker but when you call your book Priceless Memories, are pretty much only known for doing one show (despite having other jobs) and offer a book cover with you standing in front of said shows most iconic bit of kit (Der Wheel)...

FWIW, this is not my personal report, but what others (who have read the book) are saying.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:28:56 PM by chris319 »
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

rwalker

Priceless Memories
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:23:46 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'211660\' date=\'Mar 31 2009, 09:20 PM\']
Missing a hyphen, but a pretty apt description of 'ol Barker's book.

14 pages dedicated to the show that made him a household name for 35 years. No mention of Rod but Johnny and Rich get mentions.

No one was expecting any dirt from Barker but when you call your book Priceless Memories, are pretty much only known for doing one show (despite having other jobs) and offer a book cover with you standing in front of said shows most iconic bit of kit (Der Wheel)...

FWIW, this is not my personal report, but what others (who have read the book) are saying.
[/quote]

Read again, Rod was mentioned in there(do we have 2 different editions, perhaps?). I have the very first release, so maybe they bleeted him out in the final edition? Books are usually released with 2 or 3 different variations at first, due to errors they didn't catch etc.

Definitely no mention of models by name. I can only assume that "Janice" was the one who ran the car into the wall? Then again "Rachel" did so in 2004.