Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Live Going on Nationwide Mall Tour  (Read 14836 times)

chad1m

GSN Live Going on Nationwide Mall Tour
« on: March 05, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »
Taken from a press release:

GSN announced today that it’s going on the road with a seven-city tour in search of the nation’s best undiscovered game show hosts with the “GSN LIVE Play Every Day Tour,”... From March 7 to April 4, the tour will bring the look and feel of GSN LIVE to cities across the country... Mall shoppers can play games for a chance to win.

The “GSN LIVE Play Every Day Tour” will also create an opportunity for each market to showcase its hometown talent. Locals who think they have what it takes to be a game show host are invited to audition for their chance to win an all-expense paid trip to Los Angeles to co-host a segment of GSN LIVE.

Each stop on the tour will include a variety of games for mall shoppers to play, including Cash Grab, Spin-to-Win, Trivia Challenge and GSN.com’s most popular online casual games: Catch 21, Bejeweled, Solitaire and Scrabble Cubes. Players have a chance to win cash and prizes, with thousands of dollars worth of prizing being awarded in each market.

GSN’s game show host search will feature two semi-final rounds and one final round of auditions in front of a live mall audience at each destination, on a replica of the GSN LIVE set. Six participants per semi-final round will each be given seven minutes to demonstrate their best game show hosting skills, while being scored on their game show potential, stage presence, contestant interaction, energy level and ability to command the audience. The semi-final round winners from each market will then face off in a final round to determine their city’s best game show host. The final winner from each market will win an all-expense paid trip to Los Angeles where they will experience a day in the life of a game show host and co-host a segment of GSN LIVE.

They'll be at the following:

Saturday, March 7, Cleveland, Westfield Great Northern
Sunday, March 8, Philadelphia, Franklin Mills
Saturday, March 14, Detroit, Laurel Park Place
Sunday, March 15, St. Louis, Chesterfield Mall
Sunday, March 22. Phoenix, Tempe Marketplace
Saturday, March 28, Houston, Willowbrook Mall
Saturday, April 4, Sacramento, Westfield Galleria at Roseville

Uh, yeah. You can bet your bippy that, if possible, I'll be trying out at Detroit.

/With hip phrases like that, I'm sure to win.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:12:40 PM by chad1m »

tvwxman

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
They friggin announced this today for this weekend in Philly? Crap.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Mike Tennant

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:28:32 AM »
I tried out for the GSN host search back in, oh, '96 or '97, I'd guess.  I actually traveled from Pittsburgh to Chicago just for that purpose.  Obviously, I was rejected, but then I could have performed better and the guy they did select very much fit the stereotype.  Given the success of GSN originals at that time, it's probably just as well that I wasn't picked.

I was briefly interviewed by someone from a Chicago paper as I exited the audition; I don't know whether anything I said was printed.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 03:39:04 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'209611\' date=\'Mar 5 2009, 06:34 PM\']
[/quote]

You're lookin' kinda pale, Matt.  I know how fast and hard a stomach flu can come on... maybe you ought to call in sick before it gets too bad. ;)
czambo@mac.com

vtown7

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:21:41 PM »
Yay!  Canadians aren't allowed to play!!

Ryan

/who apparently only will have a staycation for his March break

TroubadourNando

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
This would be fun... if I didn't have to go to friggin Philly to do it.

pacdude

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 02:13:17 AM »
Considering I'm in Philly, I'll be skipping church that morning to do this thing.

Any tips? Should I wear a suit?

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 02:26:39 AM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' post=\'209717\' date=\'Mar 7 2009, 02:13 AM\']Any tips? Should I wear a suit?[/quote]Eh, I plan on wearing a button down collared shirt and some khakis. (I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to wear my dress shoes or green Converse) I don't want to look like a slob and I don't want to look richer or higher-class than I am, but I still want to be semi-formal.

Good luck, detail the experience on return so others will know what to expect and try to take lots and lots of pictures. :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:30:42 AM by chad1m »

Johnissoevil

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 10:15:48 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'209611\' date=\'Mar 5 2009, 06:34 PM\']
[/quote]

I echo that about today's stop in Clevleland.  I'll be too busy packing for my visit to Jersey.  Also makes me wish I had planned to go out there earlier, I could've made the Philly one.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

goongas

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
I went to the Philadelphia stop on Sunday.  I won $50 as a contestant while the hosts auditioned.  The winner was Adam Wurtzel.  There were various drawings for prizes, as well as being a contestant while the hosts auditioned (just find the person who is in charge of the contestants in order to play).  It was fun, but I would not suggest driving too far unless you want to audition.

pacdude

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'209819\' date=\'Mar 8 2009, 04:57 PM\']
I went to the Philadelphia stop on Sunday.  I won $50 as a contestant while the hosts auditioned.  The winner was Adam Wurtzel.  There were various drawings for prizes, as well as being a contestant while the hosts auditioned (just find the person who is in charge of the contestants in order to play).  It was fun, but I would not suggest driving too far unless you want to audition.
[/quote]

Choice words aside, I was not selected to be a semi-finalist. I did, however, win $250 in a Grab-The-Cash-Box-Floating thing, so that was nice.

Damnit, Wurtzel. Karma, you're a bitch.

chad1m

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
Cory, can you detail how exactly you go about trying to become a host?

mmb5

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »
Any details on when the Livonia shindig starts/ends?
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'209819\' date=\'Mar 8 2009, 04:57 PM\']The winner was Adam Wurtzel.  [/quote]
Wow.  Cool.  There's a name I hadn't heard in a while.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'209823\' date=\'Mar 8 2009, 05:37 PM\']Any details on when the Livonia shindig starts/ends?[/quote]I plan on calling this week. I was checking out some of the other mall websites and one of them listed the time as being from 11:30 - 4, but I don't know if that's universal.