Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Christmas Marathons announced!  (Read 9329 times)

xavier45

GSN Christmas Marathons announced!
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »
GSN is giving the classic fans a lot of Classic Game Show Marathons for the month of December. There will be 4 events during the month of December to help celebrate Christmas. Here they are.

12 Games Of Christmas
Starting on December 8th, GSN will air the 12 Games of Christmas. Starting on December 8th and running through December 23rd, GSN will air a two hour block of Classic Game Shows from 1:00pm-3:00pm. Here is the list of shows.

December 8th: Card Sharks (Eubanks)
December 9th: Beat The Clock (Hall)
December 10th: Family Feud (Combs)
December 11th: Super Password
December 12th: To Tell The Truth (Swann)
December 15th: Press Your Luck
December 16th: Match Game (Rayburn)
December 17th: Card Sharks (Perry)
December 18th: Family Feud (Dawson)
December 19th: Body Language
December 22nd: Password Plus (Ludden)
December 23rd: Wheel of Fortune

On Christmas Eve, there will be a Family Feud marathon. Buzzerblog does not have who the host will be. It will air from 9:00am-6:00pm.

On Christmas Day, GSN will air a Card Sharks marathon. Once again, no info on who will be the host. The marathon will run from 9:00am-6:00pm.

And the day after Christmas, GSN will air a Super Password Marathon. Like the others, it will air from 9:00am-6:00pm.

Chief-O

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:22:59 PM »
Looks as though "12 Games of Christmas" will be----would this be the 3rd time they've run it?
.....and it goes like this!!!

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'201155\' date=\'Nov 6 2008, 10:08 PM\']
Looks as though "12 Games of Christmas" will be----would this be the 3rd time they've run it?
[/quote]

...Except that that isn't what this stunt is at *all*.  They're recycling the name, but the stunt actually differs. Instead of a single six hour marathon, there are twelve two-hour marathons over 12 days. Also, in terms of series, Eubanks CS, Combs' Feud, and Press Your Luck have been brought in, while Dating Game, Tattletales, and I've Got a Secret are absent.

TroubadourNando

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:52:21 PM »
As big a fan of To Tell The Truth as I am, I have to admit I have never seen a Christmas episode of it outside of that one Lynn Swann episode the old "12 Games of Christmas" has run repeatedly.

Did other incarnations even do them? I have a strong suspicion Collyer's did but then you have to take into account that quite a bit of his run isn't around today.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 11:03:09 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'201153\' date=\'Nov 6 2008, 09:48 PM\']
On Christmas Eve, there will be a Family Feud marathon. Buzzerblog does not have who the host will be. It will air from 9:00am-6:00pm.

On Christmas Day, GSN will air a Card Sharks marathon. Once again, no info on who will be the host. The marathon will run from 9:00am-6:00pm.
[/quote]

I'd assume they'd do what they did last year with those two marathons, no?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

The Pyramids

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'201157\' date=\'Nov 6 2008, 11:38 PM\']
As big a fan of To Tell The Truth as I am, I have to admit I have never seen a Christmas episode of it outside of that one Lynn Swann episode the old "12 Games of Christmas" has run repeatedly.

Did other incarnations even do them? I have a strong suspicion Collyer's did but then you have to take into account that quite a bit of his run isn't around today.
[/quote]

Yes, Collyer's run did at least one early on. Being that the Moore era was bicycled to stations my guess would be that there were no Christmas shows.

Winkfan

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »
But what are they gonna do for New Year's Eve? Maybe on that day they should do a "Passing Parade Marathon." You know, show episodes featuring celebs who passed away during 2008.

Bad idea? You decide.

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

chad1m

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' post=\'201199\' date=\'Nov 7 2008, 07:18 PM\']Bad idea?[/quote]Yep. No one wants to be down on New Years.

DrBear

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »
Maybe for New Years, episodes of MG7X and HS where the celebs had had a bit too much to drink?

(no problems finding a marathon worth of THOSE)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

That Don Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 10:38:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'201157\' date=\'Nov 6 2008, 07:38 PM\']
As big a fan of To Tell The Truth as I am, I have to admit I have never seen a Christmas episode of it outside of that one Lynn Swann episode the old "12 Games of Christmas" has run repeatedly.[/quote]
Is that the one with the three Santas (two of which happen to be celebrities) and Hank Ketcham (the creator or Dennis the Menace)?  That's the only one I remember.

As for New Year's Eve, how about showing the MG7x sign-changing episodes, but this time, don't forget to show the end segments where they actually change the signs (especially the one where Mark Goodson shows up)?

-- Don
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:43:15 PM by That Don Guy »

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 10:59:55 PM »
[quote name=\'That Don Guy\' post=\'201212\' date=\'Nov 7 2008, 10:24 PM\']
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'201157\' date=\'Nov 6 2008, 07:38 PM\']
As big a fan of To Tell The Truth as I am, I have to admit I have never seen a Christmas episode of it outside of that one Lynn Swann episode the old "12 Games of Christmas" has run repeatedly.[/quote]
Is that the one with the three Santas (two of which happen to be celebrities) and Hank Ketcham (the creator or Dennis the Menace)?  That's the only one I remember.[/quote]

Yep, and the celebrities were Mr. Belvedere (Christopher Hewett) and Rip Taylor.

Thunder

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
Can you really call four episodes of any 30-minute show a "marathon"?

J.R.

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 01:58:20 AM »
In my opinion, one of the better ideas GSN did was a few years ago when they did a marathon of final episodes on New Year's Eve and a marathon on series premieres on New Year's Day.
-Joe Raygor

Jay Temple

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »
I wish they'd do that again. (I didn't have GSN at the time.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

uncamark

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 02:20:43 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'201221\' date=\'Nov 8 2008, 12:58 AM\']
In my opinion, one of the better ideas GSN did was a few years ago when they did a marathon of final episodes on New Year's Eve and a marathon on series premieres on New Year's Day.
[/quote]

Which latter marathon included the first taped (but not aired) episode of daytime "Gong Show"--where John Barbour proved that he was very unclear on the concept.