Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR ?  (Read 1802 times)

Captain Hank

TPIR ?
« on: October 15, 2003, 09:09:47 PM »
Hiya,

Got a question about TPIR. I have been watching alot lately since being laid off. I was wondering if anyone knows if Bob Barker chooses the games that will be played or not??? I have been very curious about that.
Thanks!!!

Captain Hank

whewfan

TPIR ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 09:19:27 PM »
If that's the case...

Bob Barker, if you are reading this..... you LIKE SUPERBALL, you WANT to have Superball played on TPIR.... nix "PICK A NUMBER", it's bland and uninspiring!

tvrandywest

TPIR ?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 09:35:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Captain Hank\' date=\'Oct 15 2003, 08:09 PM\'] Got a question about TPIR. I have been watching alot lately since being laid off. I was wondering if anyone knows if Bob Barker chooses the games that will be played or not??? I have been very curious about that.
Thanks!!!

Captain Hank [/quote]
Aye, Captain.

Bob does NOT select which games are played each day. In his role as Exec Prod he has much to say about the games and their presentation, but the day-to-day scheduling is the responsibility of staffers.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 09:35:46 PM by tvrandywest »

Jay Temple

TPIR ?
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 12:00:05 PM »
Who does choose them?  And does the same person who chooses the games also choose the merchandise whose prices figure into them?
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

inturnaround

TPIR ?
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 12:09:41 PM »
According to the TPiR site on CBS.com, Roger Dobkowitz is the producer who selects the games to be played on each show.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

HSquares2003

TPIR ?
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 12:41:20 PM »
And to hear most people tell it, Bob was the strongarm on the show, not as much as we thought initially.