Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EPIC FAIL  (Read 9485 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

EPIC FAIL
« on: September 27, 2008, 12:31:14 AM »
Evening to all...

Has there ever been a moment when you wanted to root against a contestant for various reasons...and then had that oh-so-satisfying feeling when he or she crashed and burned?

I know there are times in this current era, but I like to go back a bit further.

As I speak, ABC Millionaire is playing on my TV...does the name Kati Knudsen come to mind?

Any others?

The Inquisitive One

/Logaroo, I am sure this comes to your mind...
//ah, the power of DVR...
///even if it is from Comcast...
////talk about your epic fail...
This is the Way.

Jimmy Owen

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:23:52 AM »
That one dude on the poker show with the hoodie.  Funny thing is, he loses all the time and they invite him back on the next show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

pyrfan

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 01:32:59 AM »
Man, I started to watch a little bit of the Kati debacle on Thursday night. Even in the shadows, you could see the Fastest Finger contestant directly behind her getting more and more impatient during the "budgie" question. Kati definitely deserved her eventual fate.

I remember a woman on the first season of the syndie daily "Match Game" who said that she was an auctioneer. When Gene suggested that she give them a little sample, before his sentence was even finished, she snapped, "I don't want to auction." Already off to a bad start in the rooting department. She lost her first game but won her second. After hearing the celebrities' suggestions for LET ME ___ YOU in the Audience Match, she snottily said, "I don't like those" and went with her own choice, "Let me love you." It ended up being nowhere on the board (but two of the three celebs' choices were there, including the $500 slot, "Let me entertain you"), so she went home with nothing. No tears were shed for her in my house.

Brendan

Kevin Prather

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 01:47:35 AM »
Kati gets my vote any day of the week, twice on Sunday. Honestly, part of me wanted to see her win the $500k just so she could blow it on the Big Fella.

rugrats1

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 01:51:53 AM »
When I think of "Epic Fail", I think of the contestant that practically helped us coin that phrase -- Joseph on last season's TPIR, the one with the $2 million bid in Contestant's Row.

chad1m

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 02:00:43 AM »
Can someone please elaborate [or provide a clip of] this Kati Millionaire incident? Being 10 or 11 when it originally aired past my bedtime, I'm not completely sure of what we're referring to. =\

Kevin Prather

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 02:02:24 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'198296\' date=\'Sep 26 2008, 11:00 PM\']
Can someone please elaborate [or provide a clip of] this Kati Millionaire incident? Being 10 or 11 when it originally aired past my bedtime, I'm not completely sure of what we're referring to. =\
[/quote]
She took forever and a day just to get to $8,000, and then spent what must have been at least ten minutes on each question she faced thereafter, refusing to walk away just because she wanted to be The First Woman To Win The Million. She reportedly spent almost an hour on the $500,000 question before blowing it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:03:02 AM by Kevin Prather »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
EPIC FAIL
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 05:58:51 AM »
Skyler on Whammy!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
EPIC FAIL
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 06:09:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'198302\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 02:58 AM\']
Skyler on Whammy!
[/quote]
There, fixed that for you.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 07:08:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'198293\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 12:47 AM\']Kati gets my vote any day of the week, twice on Sunday. Honestly, part of me wanted to see her win the $500k just so she could blow it on the Big Fella.[/quote]
Thing was, she actually had the correct answer to the $500,000 question. She almost locked it in before she made a sudden change and blew what is nearly 10-years salary for many people. All because she just HAD to achieve such an accomplishment in the name of "Grrrrl Power!" (Apparently, winning big on a game show was right up there with the right to vote for her)

Not that it bothered me, I was also quite pleased to see her blow it. The moment that really sticks to me was, as Kati was exiting, her husband tried to console her and she bristled him off with something to the effect of "No! Get away for me." while stomping off the stage in an over-dramatic huff.

IIRC, she later tried to raise a stink about it to the media and nothing ever came of it. (Something like Regis bullied her into guessing or something) That's just how inflated her ego was.

/The first female $1M winner on WWTBAM was so much more deserving.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 07:18:12 AM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

trustno1

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 08:40:17 AM »
I can tell you that Kati is still practicing medicine.
If any of you catch up to her, mention her Millionaire experience.
"Let the Memory live again!" - Cats

Don Howard

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 08:47:22 AM »
[quote name=\'trustno1\' post=\'198307\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 08:40 AM\']
I can tell you that Kati is still practicing medicine.
If any of you catch up to her, mention her Millionaire experience.
[/quote]
Got an e-mail address for her? If so, I'll write to her and share her reply.
Maybe we can all take turns. She'll spontaneously combust.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
EPIC FAIL
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 09:38:56 AM »
Surprised no one's mentioned almost anyone on DoND.

/Or does that go without saying?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tpirfan28

EPIC FAIL
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 10:12:24 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'198310\' date=\'Sep 27 2008, 09:38 AM\']
Surprised no one's mentioned almost anyone on DoND.
[/quote]
If Pat Finn ever asks what the definition of Deal or No Deal is, reply with Epic Fail.

Joesph is the only person I've actively wanted to fail on a show, and so deservingly so.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
EPIC FAIL
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 11:15:50 AM »
Earlier this week on TPiR, there was a woman who was absolutely clueless in Contestant's Row, yet managed to win the first one-bid of the day.  She played Golden Road and blew it on the first prize.  I did not see the rest of the show at the time since I had a class coming in just as Golden Road completed.  The textbook definition of 'schadenfreude' happened when I saw the rest of the show on my DVR later that night.  At least she was easy on the eyes.