Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dating Game Pilot  (Read 1887 times)

BillCullen1

Dating Game Pilot
« on: July 03, 2009, 10:42:49 AM »
Supposedly, on June 30, a pilot for The Dating Gane was done in NYC. Did anybody go to the taping or hear any details?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:43:32 AM by BillCullen1 »

bricon

Dating Game Pilot
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'219358\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 10:42 AM\']Supposedly, on June 30, a pilot for The Dating Gane was done in NYC. Did anybody go to the taping or hear any details?[/quote]

The taping has been moved, according to this page.

The Ol' Guy

Dating Game Pilot
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
And since the subject's up again, are there others feeling awkward with the idea of The Dating Game on CBS? I know times change and the younger demos are important, but CBS has usually been the Tiffany address for many of our favorite daytime game shows - Price, Pyramid, Joker, PYL, Password - and somehow I can't help but feel this is an odd choice. It always strikes me as an ABC, Fox, or GSN and various other cable nets show. It's probably my age - and I know it'll be surrounded with soaps far more suggestive than DG will probably be. Maybe it's the two diverse styles back to back - Pyramid and DG. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Jimmy Owen

Dating Game Pilot
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »
KNXT and WCBS used to show the off-ABC reruns.  KNXT also picked up the once-a-week access version, so at least on that local level, it doesn't seem strange.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

Dating Game Pilot
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 01:38:52 PM »
Comedian (?) Jeff B Davis - who has spent time on Whose Line is it Anyway?, is doing the pilot for Dating AND Lets Make a Deal. Judging by his twitter page, he's a bit risque - which surprises me that Monty would give him the nod......

Assuming anyone at CBS cares if Monty's head is nodding in the first place.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

The Ol' Guy

Dating Game Pilot
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 02:09:12 PM »
Just to clarify my thoughts a bit - Dating Game would be fine in the old Tattletales time slot (especially if it were the third of a series of game shows like Pyramid-PYL-DG). And DG in prime access has never been a problem. There, affiliate managers pick shows which best suit their community's audience. I guess I'd like to see a couple of classic-style CBS games in daytime with some real meat on them before tuning in to the meat market. A nice flow - brains/brains & giggles/giggles. But we only have an hour.

And for what it's worth - Deal would be workable on CBS, but why would they consider a show that in a sense is a game they already have? Price basically cannibalized Deal's games, and super-stunt versions of Deal (Big Deal, NBC's turkey) have been rejected.

And finally, speaking of PRICE - kudos to whoever sat Drew down and told him how to actually host the show! I'm now sold, and am even enjoying the show again.