Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The new TPIR "C'ing and G'ing" game  (Read 2022 times)

Jim

The new TPIR "C'ing and G'ing" game
« on: October 12, 2003, 11:50:03 AM »
I know those of you who yearned for a spin off of Side By Side won't care, but I have to laugh a bit at the newest pricing game, \"Coming & Going\".  While the prop istelf is quite nice, (we won't get into the simplicity of the game play), I wonder - didn't those smart producers see the double entendres which are obvious.  I laughed right away when, after the first winner of the game made her desicion to sort the numbers to the left, Bob said, \"The bride is coming!\".  I wondered about that being part of the wedding night.  Other references he made or will make about \"if you come\" to a contestant or \"coming\" will be met with a smirk or two from the audience.  Was this taken into consideration before naming the game?  I can't be the only one with an active imagination.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 01:34:03 PM »
Bob said, \"The bride is coming!\". I wondered about that being part of the wedding night.

Well thank you for clearing that up because I never would have figured out what the humorous part was supposed to be on my own.

Also, the notion you're suggesting never entered my mind the two times I've seen the game, but thank the Lord, it's all I'll think about now.

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 03:30:50 PM »
It's one of those things that shouldn't be a problem — the only reason it is is because too many people have dirty minds these days...

Casey Buck

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 03:42:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Jim\' date=\'Oct 12 2003, 08:50 AM\']I know those of you who yearned for a spin off of Side By Side won't care, but I have to laugh a bit at the newest pricing game, \"Coming & Going\".  While the prop istelf is quite nice, (we won't get into the simplicity of the game play), I wonder - didn't those smart producers see the double entendres which are obvious.  I laughed right away when, after the first winner of the game made her desicion to sort the numbers to the left, Bob said, \"The bride is coming!\".  I wondered about that being part of the wedding night.  Other references he made or will make about \"if you come\" to a contestant or \"coming\" will be met with a smirk or two from the audience.  Was this taken into consideration before naming the game?  I can't be the only one with an active imagination.[/quote]
Two words: Yer sick! :)

GSFan

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 10:18:39 PM »
Actually, this thread makes me wonder if Bob Barker will eventually refer to a contestant as \"coming too soon.\"

Mel Brooks did it just as well in the song I'm Tired  from Blazing Saddles .  Sang Madeline Kahn as Lily Von Schtupp:

I've been with thousands of men, again and again.
They promise the moon.
Thry're always coming and going and going and coming,
And always too soon.
Right, girls?

David
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!