Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune questions  (Read 2681 times)

JayC

Wheel of Fortune questions
« on: October 11, 2003, 07:13:46 PM »
1. Why did the get rid of the Surprise space?

2. Why did they get rid of returning champions?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2003, 07:45:01 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Oct 11 2003, 06:13 PM\'] 1. Why did the get rid of the Surprise space?

2. Why did they get rid of returning champions? [/quote]
 Not sure exactly why the Surprise space was ditched, perhaps it was to make room for the Jackpot round, which debuted around the time the SUrprise space ended in 1996.

Returning champs are no longer as it allows the shows(weeks and single episodes) to air out of sequence, plus it, as per Harry Friedman, allows more players on the show each season.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 08:40:13 PM »
(Surprise was ditched after 97-98 season.   This being evidenced by it's appearance on the WoF PC game from that year)

And yet, J! has returning champs...H2 has returning champs..... (OK, H2 isn't nearly as great an example as J!)

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 09:52:21 PM »
Returning champs are no longer as it allows the shows(weeks and single episodes) to air out of sequence, plus it, as per Harry Friedman, allows more players on the show each season.

Taping 46 weeks worth of shows like Jeopardy!, instead of 39, would help this, too.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 04:11:51 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Oct 11 2003, 06:45 PM\']Returning champs are no longer as it allows the shows(weeks and single episodes) to air out of sequence[/quote]
I presume you mean in reruns, since Pat and Vanna are always mentioning holidays, that it's a Friday, etc., and many of the theme weeks are scheduled before they've been taped.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 07:53:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Oct 12 2003, 03:11 AM\'] I presume you mean in reruns, since Pat and Vanna are always mentioning holidays, that it's a Friday, etc., and many of the theme weeks are scheduled before they've been taped. [/quote]
 There were a couple first-run weeks of shows in the last two seasons that consist of \"sixth\" episodes taped in five different taped sessions.

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 11:31:52 AM »
There will be sixth shows this season, as well.

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 11:49:47 AM »
The Surprise space did kinda make a comeback with the Mystery Wedge game, IMO.

JayC

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2003, 12:48:17 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 12 2003, 10:49 AM\'] The Surprise space did kinda make a comeback with the Mystery Wedge game, IMO. [/quote]
 Yeah, sort of, except you know what your winning with the Mystery wedge, and you could also go bankrupt.

Heres another question... Why did they make theme weeks permanent?

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 03:37:26 PM »
My theory to why the surprise space has always been that the prize was never announced or plugged unless a contestant won it.  Of course, the companies providing the prizes want to know for sure that the prize is going to be plugged whether it is won or not.

cmjb13

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2003, 03:41:18 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Oct 12 2003, 12:48 PM\'] Why did they make theme weeks permanent? [/quote]
 Just a guess, but they probably needed something to spice up the show (Not that it does a very good job)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS