Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about WWTBAM auditions  (Read 1418 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Question about WWTBAM auditions
« on: June 20, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
When you go to the studio for a taping, they also offer you a chance  to audition while you're there.

Is the process different/wait time longer or shorter than if you were to go for a proper audition appointment without seeing the show?

I ask because I'll be in-studio for a taping on either July 23 and 24, and I'm gonna audition as well.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

GSFan

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
The audition process is the same; if you pass the test you have a short interview with one of the contestant producers.  However, you must sit through a couple of show tapings prior to finding out whether you passed the test.
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 04:43:57 PM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' post=\'188549\' date=\'Jun 20 2008, 01:38 PM\']
The audition process is the same; if you pass the test you have a short interview with one of the contestant producers.  However, you must sit through a couple of show tapings prior to finding out whether you passed the test.
[/quote]

It's still a decent tradeoff.

IIRC, the warmup guy announces who passed right before the second show is taped.

I enjoyed the experience four years ago--I'm going to be in New York next month and would do it again if my one full day already has things planned--and if they were taping.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:08:50 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'188560\' date=\'Jun 20 2008, 04:43 PM\']
--and if they were taping.
[/quote]
They're taping beginning the week of July 23rd.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com