Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR on the radio?  (Read 3112 times)

Shredder

TPIR on the radio?
« on: October 10, 2003, 11:57:49 AM »
A contestant Today who played Ten Chances mentions that she listens to the show on audio during work.  Is this possible to be heard nationally?

I remember being in San Diego for the Comic Con in 98, flipping the radio dials to try and find something worth listening to in a new state visist.  And to my surprise, I came across an audio simulcast of a FOX Station playing the Simpsons... And here I thought I was the only one who converted movies and TV shows to audio tape for road listening...

Can anyone fill me in on this?

zachhoran

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 12:04:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Oct 10 2003, 10:57 AM\'] A contestant Today who played Ten Chances mentions that she listens to the show on audio during work.  Is this possible to be heard nationally?

I remember being in San Diego for the Comic Con in 98, flipping the radio dials to try and find something worth listening to in a new state visist.  And to my surprise, I came across an audio simulcast of a FOX Station playing the Simpsons... And here I thought I was the only one who converted movies and TV shows to audio tape for road listening...

Can anyone fill me in on this? [/quote]
 There are some cities that have radio broadcasts of the local CBS affiliate on a low numbered FM station. WPVI in Philly was/is broadcast on FM 89 in this area.
I at 10 or 11 tape recorded part of a Vegas episode of Squares(WPVI aired it weeknights at 7:30PM) from the radio in this manner.

snowpeck

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 12:06:49 PM »
It's also entirely possible that she has a radio with a TV band.  I had one of those for a while (it was very inexpensive) and it picked up the audio from the local TV stations.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Jimmy Owen

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 12:11:41 PM »
In addition, you can get audio from any Channel 6 at 87.7 fm, if your radio goes that far down.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Skynet74

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 12:29:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Oct 10 2003, 11:57 AM\'] A contestant Today who played Ten Chances mentions that she listens to the show on audio during work.  Is this possible to be heard nationally?
 [/quote]

Her town probably has their CBS affiliate on Channel 6 which can be heard on 88.7 FM. When I visited San Diego a long time ago I taped the audio from XETV Channel 6 which was an independant station back then. I Got some cool audio clips From The original Dating Game, The All New Newlywed Game and The All New Let's Make A Deal which all aired on that station in 1985. I've still got those audio tapes today!

John
« Last Edit: October 10, 2003, 12:29:38 PM by Skynet74 »

HSquares2003

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 12:36:41 PM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' date=\'Oct 10 2003, 12:06 PM\'] It's also entirely possible that she has a radio with a TV band.  I had one of those for a while (it was very inexpensive) and it picked up the audio from the local TV stations.

Greg [/quote]
 That is probably how she listens to it. Thread solved.

snowpeck

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 12:52:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Oct 10 2003, 12:29 PM\'] Her town probably has their CBS affiliate on Channel 6 which can be heard on 88.7 FM. When I visited San Diego a long time ago I taped the audio from XETV Channel 6 which was an independant station back then. I Got some cool audio clips From The original Dating Game, The All New Newlywed Game and The All New Let's Make A Deal which all aired on that station in 1985. I've still got those audio tapes today!

John [/quote]
 Yeah, I didn't know that. There is no channel 6 in my area.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

vtown7

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 03:33:16 PM »
I'm lucky here in St. John's - we get a local station named NTV on Ch.6 - thus I can listen to Jeopardy and H2 on the way home from class - what a riot.

Wheel, however, doesn't lend itself easily...

Cheers,

Ryan :)

Esoteric Eric

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 04:11:10 PM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' date=\'Oct 10 2003, 09:06 AM\']It's also entirely possible that she has a radio with a TV band.  I had one of those for a while (it was very inexpensive) and it picked up the audio from the local TV stations.
[/quote]
I also had one of those TV band radios; GS fan that I've always been, I bought it specifically to catch the premiere of Card Sharks on NBC while working at a mini-serve gas station on US 1 in my home town of Saugus, MA.

I was able to listen to the whole show without customer interruption, since the station was on the southbound side of the highway, and north of Boston. So I would run around crazy from 6 AM to 9, and then be challenged to stay awake for the rest of the shift.  Being able to catch the NBC game shows was cool, even if it was audio-only.

Esoteric Eric, who wondered what the CS question holder looked like, since Jim Perry referred to it as R2-D2 in early episodes (later changed to G2-T2; imagine why.)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Robert Hutchinson

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2003, 04:08:29 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Oct 11 2003, 02:33 PM\']Wheel, however, doesn't lend itself easily...[/quote]
TPIR itself is hit and miss without a picture.  (Our brand new pricing game, Hit and Miss . . .) I used to have fun, while doing some high school commuting, trying to follow the Showcase Showdowns by counting the beeps and referencing my already-frightening knowledge of the wheel layout.

. . .

. . .

1.00 15 80 35 60 20 40 75 55 95 50 85 30 65 10 45 70 25 90 5
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Shredder

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 10:36:25 AM »
I also used to have a Audio Band Radio for TV Listening.  Came in handy after taking the SAT's in Highschool, I would rush out and catch the remainder of the new Turtle Episode(back in 95) that I had been taping at home.  I only listened to a little bit of it, however, so I wouldn't be spoiled at the time.

I found I had less and less use  for this item as time went by, so  Idecided to  save up for a protably 2.2 inch color TV to birng in to school with me, wich was ahit with everyone else.  We had a common area with a mini fireplace to the left, and during our scheduled 'rest' time, we'd all gather around the mini TV and watch TPIR when the schedules co-incided with each other ;).  Lucky for me CBS got good reception in the school area...

But being in NJ, I've never heard of TV on the radio, except for the failed stint o fLEtterman on the radio wich  CBS dropped pretty quickly after he had a big NY fireworks display in protest...

trainman

TPIR on the radio?
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 07:19:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Oct 14 2003, 07:36 AM\'] But being in NJ, I've never heard of TV on the radio, except for the failed stint o fLEtterman on the radio wich  CBS dropped pretty quickly after he had a big NY fireworks display in protest... [/quote]
Depends on which part of NJ you're in...as I think someone alluded to up this thread a ways, Channel 6 in Philadelphia has advertised that their audio is available at the very beginning of the FM dial.

I have a radio where the FM band goes from 76 to 108 MHz (because FM broadcasting in Japan is in the 76-90 range), which means it picks up the audio for Channel 5 also, but I've never really had occasion to use the feature.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 07:20:10 PM by trainman »
trainman is a man of trains