Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF question  (Read 1824 times)

HSquares2003

WOF question
« on: October 09, 2003, 10:15:58 PM »
Do they still have the used letter board that the contestants can see? I know they used to, but have no way of knowing since it's been years that it has been on camera.

The reason I posted this, it seems that (or maybe I am just getting more irritated by it) people have been calling letters that have already been used more than ever this season! Geez, it seemed to happened at least twice toinght(when the old guy called one and the guy in the blue position did it also during speed up round)

Brandon Brooks

WOF question
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 10:26:48 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Oct 9 2003, 09:15 PM\'] Do they still have the used letter board that the contestants can see? I know they used to, but have no way of knowing since it's been years that it has been on camera.

The reason I posted this, it seems that (or maybe I am just getting more irritated by it) people have been calling letters that have already been used more than ever this season! Geez, it seemed to happened at least twice toinght(when the old guy called one and the guy in the blue position did it also during speed up round) [/quote]
 Yes, they do have a used letter board.  And when people are on TV, they get nervous and do things they might not normally if placed in that situation without all the stress.

Cut them slack.

Brandon Brooks

Steve Gavazzi

WOF question
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 01:07:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Oct 9 2003, 10:26 PM\'] And when people are on TV, they get nervous and do things they might not normally if placed in that situation without all the stress.

Cut them slack. [/quote]
 We understand that, but it does seem to be happening a lot more often all of a sudden.

Brandon Brooks

WOF question
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 02:31:59 AM »
You are correct.  However, as with STYD, \"Contestants aren't selected for Wheel of Fortune on the basis of their intelligence.\"  Nervousness is definitely understandable, and since I don't watch WOF often, that's what I see the occasional bobble as.  Refusing to pay attention... well, that's another.

But don't believe that the used letter board is not there at all.

Brandon Brooks

HSquares2003

WOF question
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 12:38:41 PM »
I thought the audition weeded out the \"idiots\". I do understand your stage fright point Brandon, but can these people actually play the game at home? Tough question, and I'm not real sure of the answer on that one myself