Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Double Dare '76  (Read 1584 times)

beatlefreak84

Double Dare '76
« on: October 09, 2003, 09:27:36 PM »
Hello all,

After being nostalgic and thinking about \"Double Dare '76\" while walking to my morning class this morning, I had something occur to me that I thought I'd ask about.

On the one episode I have in my collection (I believe it's the second episode of the series), the game abruptly ends in the middle of a series of clues.  Let me give you the play-by-play:

Clue #1 is read.  Nobody buzzes in.
Clue #2 is read.  Time-out bell goes off.  Player #1 buzzes in and gives a wrong answer.
Clue #3 is read to Player #2, who gives a wrong answer.
Alex cuts to break, game is over.

Honestly, it seems quite strange to stop a game in the middle of a series of clues like that, so here's my question:  How did they resolve situations like this (assuming it happened more than once)?  I'm assuming they either gave the contestants the answer and picked up with a new subject on the next show (most likely, to me) or the game was picked up with the next clue (less likely; who is going to remember the other clues unless Alex reads them all?).

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Chelsea Thrasher

Double Dare '76
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 10:09:09 PM »
My guess is that the shows were taped back to back, to keep this from being a mostly non-issue

Jay Temple

Double Dare '76
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 11:10:07 AM »
My guess, which is literally as good as yours, is that you're right for shows taped on the same day, but that they would either find away to avoid it on the last show or throw out the item on the next show.  (I have a faint recollection of the latter.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.