Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Time Out For Trivia/What's News?: FNN YouTube Videos Galore  (Read 4818 times)

dmota104

Time Out For Trivia/What's News?: FNN YouTube Videos Galore
« on: August 22, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »
If you remember TOFT and WN?, BLoblaw005's YouTube channel is worth a look.  Included therein are...

\ A couple of clips from the call-in-and-win game show "What's News?" on Financial News Network (moved much faster than GSN's PlayMania).

\ Four "pre-game show" sketches from "Time Out For Trivia", the call-in-and-win quiz on FNN's "sister network" Score (which, was basically, on the air when FNN was not covering the markets).

\ The unveiling of the official TOFT music video by Russ Axom (reportedly since deceased).

davemackey

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' post=\'194840\' date=\'Aug 22 2008, 04:49 PM\']
If you remember TOFT and WN?, BLoblaw005's YouTube channel is worth a look.  Included therein are...

\ A couple of clips from the call-in-and-win game show "What's News?" on Financial News Network (moved much faster than GSN's PlayMania).

\ Four "pre-game show" sketches from "Time Out For Trivia", the call-in-and-win quiz on FNN's "sister network" Score (which, was basically, on the air when FNN was not covering the markets).

\ The unveiling of the official TOFT music video by Russ Axom (reportedly since deceased).
[/quote]
If you look further on that person's video offerings, it's likely you'll see Michelle Roth as one of the hosts on FNN/SCORE's affiliated shopping channel, TelShop. That was an awful lot of network ideas aiming at the same channel space.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:21:05 PM »
Michelle Roth! Time to lock the door.
Great finds these. As a CNBC watcher, it's really something seeing Bill Griffeth with a moustache and Ron Insana with a full head of hair. Sue Herera remains adorable now as then.

davemackey

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:02:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'195149\' date=\'Aug 25 2008, 05:21 PM\']
Michelle Roth! Time to lock the door.
Great finds these. As a CNBC watcher, it's really something seeing Bill Griffeth with a moustache and Ron Insana with a full head of hair. Sue Herera remains adorable now as then.
[/quote]
Don.... you want adorable, check out Rhonda Schaffler on Bloomberg... I worked with her 20-odd years ago in radio. When she left our station to go work in television, I participated in a "farewell" bit on the air with our morning man at the time, Ian Punnett (who's now in Minneapolis doing a morning show with his lovely wife Marge and also doing Art Bell's show on weekends), about having the biggest crush on her at the station... which I did.

Robair

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:57:44 AM »
Too many game show connections at FNN/Telshop. In addition to the aforementioned, Match Game 90 player Timothy Lynch was a show host. Models on the JCPenney segments included Theresa Ring and Crystal Owens.

And just for giggles, there were program hosts Nancy Nelson (became a big old infomercial star) and Bob Braun (the King of Television in Cincinnati). And one of the JCPenney models became the well-known actress Eva LaRue.

And we can't let this thread go on without mentioning the TOFT host, one of the truly greats, Todd Donoho. "TAKE A HIKE!"
--Robair

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:08:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' post=\'195192\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 06:57 AM\']And just for giggles, there were program hosts Nancy Nelson (became a big old infomercial star) and Bob Braun (the King of Television in Cincinnati). And one of the JCPenney models became the well-known actress Eva LaRue.[/quote]
Taking the whole game show connections a step further, Eva LaRue was John O'Hurley's first wife.

DrBear

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:20:20 AM »
Finding these clips was "Tremendous, my friend!"
/somebody had to say it
//so I did
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:21:00 AM by DrBear »
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Don Howard

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:34 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'195195\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 07:20 AM\']
Finding these clips was "Tremendous, my friend!"
/somebody had to say it
//so I did
[/quote]
Somebody HAD to? Believe whatever you may.
As for Rhonda, yes, I'm with you totally and completely.
Wouldn't mind being with her in that way.
I remember her miniskirt days on CNN and the baggies I went through.
Still a babe.

davemackey

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:48:29 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'195193\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 07:08 AM\']
[quote name=\'Robair\' post=\'195192\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 06:57 AM\']And just for giggles, there were program hosts Nancy Nelson (became a big old infomercial star) and Bob Braun (the King of Television in Cincinnati). And one of the JCPenney models became the well-known actress Eva LaRue.[/quote]
Taking the whole game show connections a step further, Eva LaRue was John O'Hurley's first wife.
[/quote]
That was before Eva LaRue married John Callahan, her "All My Children" costar. They are in the process of divorcing, however.

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 09:20:48 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'195200\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 08:48 AM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'195193\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 07:08 AM\']
[/quote]
That was before Eva LaRue married John Callahan, her "All My Children" costar. They are in the process of divorcing, however.
[/quote]
Thus, she shall soon be Eva Howard. Unless Shania says yes first. To be in such demand is a killer, I tell you.
Back to the FNN clips, who is that gravelly-voiced anchor.....reminds me a bit of the sound of the late great Don Harrison.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:21:18 AM by Don Howard »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 01:06:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'195196\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 04:31 AM\']
I remember her miniskirt days on CNN and the baggies I went through.[/quote]
Ya know, the rest of us just used Kleenex.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 05:11:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'195217\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 01:06 PM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'195196\' date=\'Aug 26 2008, 04:31 AM\']
I remember her miniskirt days on CNN and the baggies I went through.[/quote]
Ya know, the rest of us just used Kleenex.
[/quote]
So you took it all.