Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Online Live Game Show where you can become a contestant while sitting  (Read 7213 times)

dzinkin

Online Live Game Show where you can become a contestant while sitting
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 06:15:55 AM »
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183784\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 12:45 AM\']
Ok so what i gather looking at all your response to my post is that we should shut down.
[/quote]
That might be a good idea, but only if you're going to continue to avoid listening to anything we say, or Dan says.

Not 1 of you have looked at our live show to see that we offer something totally different then PlayCafe.
Again, you are not "totally different" from PlayCafe any more than Coke is "totally different" from Pepsi or The Price is Right is "totally different" from any other game show.  People come to PlayCafe to answer questions and win stuff.  People are supposed to come to your site to answer questions and win stuff.  "Totally different" is just laughable.

They ask trivia ??? that are answered in a flash applet. Where is the player interaction there? If that is what you truly call a live game show then i am wrong. As for us our members answers are given to us directly and are then used in our games.
If you don't believe that there's any "player interaction" in PlayCafe, then you've never played one of their games.  (You might recognize that as the same accusation you made against us earlier in your post.)

As for the rest of the comments i still say that we were the first to bring a live game show like ours to the internet.
You might have had the first site up, but PlayCafe certainly had a successful, working live game before you did.  And as for the "rest of our comments," which involve accusations of spamming, lying and insults, does this mean you're not going to bother to address those?

You may well have, underneath all the spam, indignation and propaganda, a usable concept.  But so far you've done nothing to demonstrate that you have either the skills or the maturity to carry it off.  Nor do you need to slam PlayCafe to be successful.  If you truly do offer something unique, people will see that and come to you without having to be told "the other guy sucks" -- and if you aren't, telling them otherwise is just going to make things worse for you.

If Dan can steer you in the right direction, good for both of you.  I have the feeling that he's got a lot of work on his hands, though.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 09:40:04 AM »
My turn to take another crack at it.
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183784\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 12:45 AM\']
Ok so what i gather looking at all your response to my post is that we should shut down. [/quote]Well that's just petty.  No one here said anything of the sort.  Despite the criticism you're getting (not all of it deserved, I feel) we are very much the game show fans you want to be attracting.  The fact that so far you're not doing a very good job of it speaks more to your approach than to our attitude.

Not 1 of you have looked at our live show to see that we offer something totally different then PlayCafe.
This is untrue.  I spent a few minutes at your site yesterday.  Not enough to offer a full review (that will come, though) but enough to hear several of our members named as contestants on some of your games.

They ask trivia ??? that are answered in a flash applet. Where is the player interaction there? If that is what you truly call a live game show then i am wrong.
Part of this whole exercise is trying to get you to see that yes, in this particular instance, you are wrong.  What Commissioner of Internet Game Shows ruled that because their questions are in a Flash applet and your game is played on a physical game board, then you're a game show and they're not?  Both shows have live video of hosts reading and responding to messages in a chat window.  You are a lot more alike than you seem to want to believe.

One key difference that I see is that at PlayCafe, everybody is always playing the game, whereas on your show, the contestants are the lucky ones who got through, and everybody else watches them play until the next game.

As for us our members answers are given to us directly and are then used in our games.   As for the rest of the comments i still say that we were the first to bring a live game show like ours to the internet.
Well, you've managed to add the qualifier 'like ours' to your claim, that's a step in the right direction.  There's no question your show is different that PlayCafe's.  We're just telling you it's not different enough for you to go around saying you're unique.

I'll also refine my analogy.  This isn't like Pepsi claiming that Coke isn't a competitor.  This is more like Pepsi claiming Sprite isn't a competitor.  The differences are more obvious, but they're both still just carbonated sugar water.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

mbj233

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »
Matt this is in response to your last post.

I will concede the fact that PlayCafe is a online game show and that people here seem to think it is a competitor for us. I still feel that our conepts are in 2 different directions. Their show everybody is playing and answering trivia ??? while on our show it is more of the surprise factor when you are called as a contestant ( Now i will probably get these responses again that we a ripping off TPIR) Our games on our live show are mostly games of chance. Knockout (card game 6 players) AceyDucey ( card game 2 players) Concentration ( Card Game 2 player) Pass ( Card game 4 player) War (card Game 2 Player) Stopper (Card game 3 player) Press ( Pricing game 1 player) High Hand ( Card game 4 player) and We play AceyDucey again as it is our members favortite game. Our shows last about 2 hours .

On our average show we give out $120 in gift cards to our players that are to some of the top websites.
All our games are controlled by our hosts and there are no possibilities for us to fix a game. There are only 2 games played that there could be no winner and that is Press and Pass otherwise all the other games have a winner everytime they are played. <<<<Is that something other sites can say?

To answer my spamming issue.... I thought the title of this forum is the game show forum... If this was the IPOD forum and i posted then i would deserve what i am getting. I did post in a couple of catagories i felt we fit But only posted to each once.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:08 AM »
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183804\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 08:22 AM\']
To answer my spamming issue.... I thought the title of this forum is the game show forum... If this was the IPOD forum and i posted then i would deserve what i am getting. I did post in a couple of catagories i felt we fit But only posted to each once.[/quote]
My, that's a little different than "I only posted it once," isn't it?

Dude, you spammed, and you got caught. Suck it up.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 11:47:20 AM »
I'll leave the rest to others, but since I'm the one who deleted your spam, I'll address this part:

[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183804\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 11:22 AM\']
To answer my spamming issue.... I thought the title of this forum is the game show forum... If this was the IPOD forum and i posted then i would deserve what i am getting. I did post in a couple of catagories i felt we fit But only posted to each once.
[/quote]
Okay, let's take a closer look at this.  You posted your announcement to three different subforums: Video and Audio Clips, Show Summaries, and the Big Board.  Even if you hadn't bothered to read the rules for posting in the first (and you should have), the description notes that it is for "video and audio clips found on the web."  You may use video and audio, but even a cursory glance of the other posts there would have told you that your content was not the sort of thing that belongs in that subforum.  The description for Show Summaries reads "Results and SPOILERS of individual game show episodes, including reruns and classic GSNŽ shows."  In no way does your site fit that description either.  And then you insisted "I only posted it once."  One post to the Big Board, which was the appropriate area, was enough; multiple posts insult our intelligence and are, in fact, spam.

Face it.  You spammed, got caught, then tried to lie your way out of it.  That doesn't fly here.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:47:59 AM by dzinkin »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 01:11:11 PM »
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183804\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 11:22 AM\']
I will concede the fact that PlayCafe is a online game show and that people here seem to think it is a competitor for us. [/quote]And I will concede, breaking from one of my co-moderators (which I never like to do), that what you did to introduce yourself to us fell far short of 'spamming'.  I understand that you wanted to draw attention to yourself, and I'll willing to believe that you didn't really know how our board operates.  In all honesty, it would just have been redundant for the message to have appeared in all three forums anyway, everybody here eventually gets around to reading everything.

As for calling PlayCafe a 'competitor' specifically, I certainly think that there is a broad pool of game show fans who will be interested in both shows, but honestly the two appear to be so different that serious fandom will find little overlap.  Much like we game show fans can enjoy both The Price Is Right and Jeopardy!, but almost anyone who's serious about it will tend to prefer one a lot more than the other.

I still feel that our conepts are in 2 different directions. Their show everybody is playing and answering trivia ??? while on our show it is more of the surprise factor when you are called as a contestant
Absolutely.  Two completely different approaches to the same basic idea -- doing a game show on the internet.  This is all my point has ever been.

Our games on our live show are mostly games of chance. Knockout (card game 6 players) AceyDucey ( card game 2 players) Concentration ( Card Game 2 player) Pass ( Card game 4 player) War (card Game 2 Player) Stopper (Card game 3 player) Press ( Pricing game 1 player) High Hand ( Card game 4 player) and We play AceyDucey again as it is our members favortite game. Our shows last about 2 hours .
Again, a seriously different approach to the everybody-plays model that PlayCafe uses.  I would be interested in finding out how engaging it is for the people on your site who AREN'T playing any given game to watch the lucky few play.

On our average show we give out $120 in gift cards to our players that are to some of the top websites.
There you totally have an advantage over PlayCafe.  Their average payouts are much, much smaller.  Also, for being a game that's based on skill, their awarding of prizes is very much based on luck.

All our games are controlled by our hosts and there are no possibilities for us to fix a game.
Careful with your choice of words.  From what little I saw, it would seem to be very, very easy to fix several of the games if you really wanted to.  You have no reason to, and I don't see why anyone would accuse you of doing so.  But again, saying there are 'no possibilities' when that's clearly not the case is a lot like saying you're the only internet game show -- and that's what got you in trouble here to start with!

There are only 2 games played that there could be no winner and that is Press and Pass otherwise all the other games have a winner everytime they are played. <<<<Is that something other sites can say?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here.  PlayCafe has winners for each of their games.  I imagine just about every site that has multiplayer games has winners.  What's the big deal about a game having a winner?  That's just expected, isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:12:25 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'183814\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 10:11 AM\']
And I will concede, breaking from one of my co-moderators (which I never like to do), that what you did to introduce yourself to us fell far short of 'spamming'.[/quote]
That's fair. Was it "spam" in a Sanford Wallace sense? No. Did he post it multiple times unnecessary (whether he knew this was frowned upon or not; keep reading) and then, when called on it, lie about it? Yes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:28:22 PM by clemon79 »

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 05:13:32 PM »
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183804\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 11:22 AM\']I will concede the fact that PlayCafe is a online game show and that people here seem to think it is a competitor for us.[/quote]You concede that we do, in fact, hold the opinions that we claim to hold? Gee, thanks.

("I'm sorry if anyone took offense at what I said.")

answering trivia ???
Now this--this is driving me crazy. Questions. Trivia questions. Please.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'183828\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 02:13 PM\']
answering trivia ???
Now this--this is driving me crazy. Questions. Trivia questions. Please.
[/quote]
What's funny about this is that, in the context of his original PlayCafe slam, I took this to mean that he was questioning whether the stuff PlayCafe asked was actually quality material.

tpirfan28

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
A very simple question:  has anyone here (BESIDES the topic starter) tried one of these games?  Is it even worth it?

(If no-one has, I wouldn't be surprised.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:28:45 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 06:29:21 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'183833\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 02:28 PM\']
A very simple question: [/quote]
With a very simple answer, had you actually read the thread you just posted in.