Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Online Live Game Show where you can become a contestant while sitting  (Read 7215 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Online Live Game Show where you can become a contestant while sitting
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'183598\' date=\'Apr 8 2008, 09:43 PM\']
Maybe I'm just overthinking this...but if they're gonna rip off It's in the Bag and Hole in One, don't you think they could at least fudge better names for them than "Check-Out" and "Hi Lo?"
[/quote]
Let's recap this...they have:
  • Engaged in what is clearly a for-profit exercise (nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but keep reading)
  • Done so with either no knowledge of their market competitors, or no respect for their potential clients
  • Stolen someone else's IP to do it
  • Engaged in clear spamming practices to promote it
Do you still want to ask that question? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mbj233

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'183630\' date=\'Apr 9 2008, 01:22 PM\']
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'183598\' date=\'Apr 8 2008, 09:43 PM\']
Maybe I'm just overthinking this...but if they're gonna rip off It's in the Bag and Hole in One, don't you think they could at least fudge better names for them than "Check-Out" and "Hi Lo?"
[/quote]
Let's recap this...they have:
  • Engaged in what is clearly a for-profit exercise (nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but keep reading)
  • Done so with either no knowledge of their market competitors, or no respect for their potential clients
  • Stolen someone else's IP to do it
  • Engaged in clear spamming practices to promote it
Do you still want to ask that question? :)
[/quote]

Engaged in what is clearly a for-profit exercise (nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but keep reading)

Of course this is for profit.

Done so with either no knowledge of their market competitors, or no respect for their potential clients

Show me 1 competitor for us and do not say PlayCafe. PlayCafe is not even close to what we do on our live show. If you want us to ask trivia ??? then act like idiots for a minute well then just keep playing at PlayCafe.

Stolen someone else's IP to do it

Total lie. We own that server.

Engaged in clear spamming practices to promote it

This is not spamming. This forum is a related topic to our website and i only posted it once.

If you are going to bash us at least do so honestly. I really do not care if you do but be truthful.

You should at least know what you are talking about. Come take a look at tonights live show then tell me we are ripping someone off.

As far as our static games on the site, Yes the are TPIR like but who said that they have the rights to every priciing game in the world?

dzinkin

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 12:39:01 PM »
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183732\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 12:09 PM\']
Show me 1 competitor for us and do not say PlayCafe. PlayCafe is not even close to what we do on our live show. If you want us to ask trivia ??? then act like idiots for a minute well then just keep playing at PlayCafe.
[/quote]
From your original post:
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183548\' date=\'Apr 8 2008, 12:16 PM\']
I Won it Live offers a Live Online game show where you can become a contestant on that show while sitting at your computer. There is nothing like this and it is free to join and free to play.
[/quote]
Since PlayCafe also is a "live online game show" and allows you to "become a contestant on that show while sitting at your computer," yes, it's a competitor.

In this case, "IP" stands for "intellectual property."

This is not spamming. This forum is a related topic to our website and i only posted it once.
Complete horse manure.  You posted it three times.  And I know, because I am the one who approved the copy of your message posted to the Big Board, and rejected the copies posted to Video and Audio Clips and Show Summaries.

If you are going to bash us at least do so honestly. I really do not care if you do but be truthful.
Since you've just lied about spamming, you're not the one to talk about being truthful.

clemon79

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183732\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 09:09 AM\']
If you want us to ask trivia ??? then act like idiots for a minute well then just keep playing at PlayCafe.[/quote]
Classy way to talk about your competition. That would be the "no respect" thing I mentioned.
Thank you for this. I really needed a laugh like that this morning, after how the Sharks stunk up the joint last night.
This is not spamming. This forum is a related topic to our website and i only successfully posted it once.
Fixed that for you.
I fail to see where you have successfully refuted one single thing I have said.
As far as our static games on the site, Yes the are TPIR like but who said that they have the rights to every priciing game in the world?
You may be right, and that's for a court of law to decide. Doesn't make your act look any more creative or professional, though.

Run along now, spammer.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:48:35 PM by clemon79 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'183737\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 12:47 PM\']
[/quote]
I think we can upgrade you to "astroturfer" now.  Unless I missed something.  That line tells me you ARE them.

/figured the IP line would do it.

//I can almost guarantee that you would not win against TPIR/Fremantle/Barker/Syd/And Co. in court.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:28:54 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

dzinkin

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'183743\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 01:27 PM\']
I think we can upgrade you to "astroturfer" now.  Unless I missed something.  That line tells me you ARE them.
[/quote]
No, he's never denied being part of it.  Even his first post says "Come check us out..." (emphasis mine), rather than "Hey look at this site I found, you should take a look too" or somesuch.

Liar?  Yes.  Spammer?  Yes.  But astroturfer, no.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'183743\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 12:27 PM\']I think we can upgrade you to "astroturfer" now.  Unless I missed something.  That line tells me you ARE them.[/quote]
To be fair to the person we're all taking turns beating up, he never said he wasn't them -- in fact, in the original post, it says, "come check us out!"  So it was never an astroturf so much as a full-on ad.

That said, commence with the evisceration.  I'm sitting back, drinking Mexican Coke, and generally enjoying watching this one get his.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'183743\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 10:27 AM\']
I think we can upgrade you to "astroturfer" now.  Unless I missed something.  That line tells me you ARE them.[/quote]
I haven't pulled out this old chestnut in a while:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9759/picardbv6rw9.jpg

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »
If I were they I would have done a trademark search on such phrases as "Match Game" and "Treasure Hunt" and seen what turns up.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=sear...state=14t96.1.1
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:07:20 PM by chris319 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 05:45:56 PM »
Hoping I can properly quote the improperly quoted original...
Show me 1 competitor for us and do not say PlayCafe.
That's a little like Pepsi saying "show me one competitor, and do not say Coke."  More specifically, it's like The Price Is Right saying that a trivia game doesn't count as a game show.  The games you play are (I assume) certainly different than the games they play, and I'm sure you must have different approaches in other ways as well.  But to keep saying that you're the only one out there just because you don't like PlayCafe is just absurd.

If you want us to ask trivia ??? then act like idiots for a minute well then just keep playing at PlayCafe.
First, charming.  Second, I invite anybody who's interested to check out your YouTube videos and compare for themselves how wildly superior you are to the non-existent competition of PlayCafe.
I've got nothing to add, I just really thought this needed to be quoted again.

You should at least know what you are talking about. Come take a look at tonights live show then tell me we are ripping someone off.
As far as our static games on the site, Yes the are TPIR like but who said that they have the rights to every pricing game in the world?
Fair enough, I do plan to check you out.  As for TPIR, it's not so much the legal issue of whether you've violated some sacred copyright.  It's more the issue of creativity and originality, both of which appear severely lacking when the games you offer are so obviously not your own original ideas.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dazztardly

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 06:40:51 PM »
I will be joining forces with "I Won It Live".

Expect some changes and updates in the near future.

More to come,
-Dan Berger
FLASHGames²/Buzzsaw TV

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 06:59:19 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'183765\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 06:40 PM\']
I will be joining forces with "I Won It Live".
Expect some changes and updates in the near future.[/quote]
Well THAT'S the best news in the entire thread so far.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'183765\' date=\'Apr 10 2008, 06:40 PM\']
Expect some changes and updates in the near future.
[/quote]

Hopefully you're taking over the Customer Relations department.  ;)

mbj233

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:45:24 AM »
Ok so what i gather looking at all your response to my post is that we should shut down. Not 1 of you have looked at our live show to see that we offer something totally different then PlayCafe. They ask trivia ??? that are answered in a flash applet. Where is the player interaction there? If that is what you truly call a live game show then i am wrong. As for us our members answers are given to us directly and are then used in our games.   As for the rest of the comments i still say that we were the first to bring a live game show like ours to the internet.

sshuffield70

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 06:10:10 AM »
[quote name=\'mbj233\' post=\'183784\' date=\'Apr 11 2008, 12:45 AM\']
Ok so what i gather looking at all your response to my post is that we should shut down. Not 1 of you have looked at our live show to see that we offer something totally different then PlayCafe.
[/quote]

Sounds to me like it's sour grapes.  You guys are late to the party.

As for the rest of the comments i still say that we were the first to bring a live game show like ours to the internet.

As I like to say.....

<TPIR buzzer and losing horns>