Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rod Roddy Update...10/8  (Read 2708 times)

catkins522

Rod Roddy Update...10/8
« on: October 08, 2003, 01:27:42 PM »
I was doing 2 tapings of TPIR, which will seen on December 2 and 3.  At the down time, Bob was taking to the audience.  I asked \"How is Rod?\"  Bob said he was talking to Rod last Sunday.  Rod had a little pneumonia, but Rod was a little solider and got rid of this AND ROD RODDY WILL BE HOPEFULLY BACK TO THE ANNOUNCER POSITION IN 2 WEEKS.

I was shocked, but was pleased for him.

So, the shows...I have to go to class...plus, I will not give you the results until the show airs.  However, you may want to tape December 3.  A new record for losing a game and a big win at the showcases (not a double showcase winner).

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rod Roddy Update...10/8
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 01:46:48 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Oct 8 2003, 10:27 AM\'] Rod had a little pneumonia, but Rod was a little solider and got rid of this AND ROD RODDY WILL BE HOPEFULLY BACK TO THE ANNOUNCER POSITION IN 2 WEEKS.
 [/quote]
 That is truly outstanding news. I'm sure Randy will be happy to have the time off as well :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WhammyPower

Rod Roddy Update...10/8
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 01:54:09 PM »
That's great news!  I can't wait for him to be back!  (No offense, Randy, you were/are a great sub)

tvrandywest

Rod Roddy Update...10/8
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 02:30:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 8 2003, 12:46 PM\']That is truly outstanding news. I'm sure Randy will be happy to have the time off as well :)[/quote]
You are so right Chris. That hour a day was exhausting, and totally screwed up my drinking schedule!      ;-p

(No offense, Randy, you were/are a great sub)
Thanks WhammyPower, and to everybody here who has been so wonderfully supportive through this whole wild adventure. I'd be very happy to see Rod back where he belongs. He's very anxious to return at the earliest opportunity, and the staff and crew miss him as well.

While I don't know what the future holds, I'm hopeful that my relationship with Bob, Roger, Phil, et al won't end here; I don't think it will. But if it does, I can wear this great big smile for many years to come.    :-)

All the silly radio station remotes, disc-jockey ad-libbing, stand-up comedy bombing, cable game show announcing, and endless days of warmup that I've done (some of it seemingly OT at the time) finally make sense as they all came together in contributing to my ability to rise to this challenge on the mother of all game show gigs. What a great exprience! Even my mom is proud, and finally understands why I saw more future in a $90/week radio job in the 1970s than I did in finally getting my BA degree. After graduation I didn't return to campus to pick up my diploma because I was more excited about sitting behind a radio microphone! It's great to be vindicated so many years later.    ;-)

Thanks again for all the kind words on this board. And let me first to say \"Welcome home, Rod\" if this news is accurate.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: October 09, 2003, 12:14:21 AM by tvrandywest »

cmjb13

Rod Roddy Update...10/8
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 03:45:31 PM »
I hope he returns this time. Last time he was supposed to return back in May, he took a few extra weeks.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS