Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I saw Vicki Lawrence kiss Alex Trebek  (Read 8764 times)

TimK2003

I saw Vicki Lawrence kiss Alex Trebek
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »
Laverne & Shirley had one episode involving "The Dating Game", where IIRC Lenny & Squiggy were 2 of the Bachelors in one round.

This episode was later in the L&S run after they all moved from Milwaukee to Los Angeles, and it looks like they used the actual set from the late 70's.

[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180969\' date=\'Mar 11 2008, 08:01 PM\']
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'180963\' date=\'Mar 11 2008, 07:45 PM\']
Although I have never seen it, I've read that the '78 ABC sitcom 'Angie' did a 'Family Feud' show w/ Richard Dawson.
[/quote]
From what I remember reading at ATGS, it was "Feud" in name only, and they never used the actual set.
[/quote]

I recall the episode and Richard said something to the effect that they took the show on the road to Philadelphia, which would compensate for the faux Feud set.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:19:38 PM by TimK2003 »

Vgmastr

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 09:20:21 PM »
My favorite game show/sitcom crossover is Oscar and Felix from The Odd Couple going on Password.    Absolutely hilarious.  There was also an episode where they went on Let's Make a Deal.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
That reminds me of a short-lived sitcom entitled "Watching Ellie", in which the cast went on Karn's "Family Feud". For some strange reason, they played for a trip to Hawaii.

Oh, and did I mention that Ellie's (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) character got her "family" on the show after meeting Richard Karn at her nightclub? Only in a sitcom...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:00:46 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Allstar87

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 11:23:51 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'180996\' date=\'Mar 11 2008, 09:25 PM\']
That reminds me of a short-lived sitcom entitled "Watching Ellie", in which the cast went on Karn's "Family Feud". For some strange reason, they played for a trip to Hawaii.
[/quote]

I remember that episode; I thought the jokes there fell pretty flat.

My favorite part was when Steve Carrell's character mentioned he was on Wink's Tic Tac Dough in 1992. I'd love to know how he accomplished that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:24:17 PM by Allstar87 »

petek66

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 01:29:58 AM »
[quote name=\'clanky06\' post=\'180946\' date=\'Mar 11 2008, 05:52 PM\']
Two movies that I can think of where Jeopardy! was prominent are Rain Man, 1988, and White Men Can't Jump, 1992.

Now for my questions. Are there other TV or movie Jeopardy appearances? Has any other real game/quiz show been similarly featured? Obviously both parties in these "deals" thought "win-win" where the prestige and/or publicity was beneficial. I wonder who first approached whom?
[/quote]

Can't leave out Groundhog Day!  Also, Art Fleming had a cameo in Airplane II: The Sequel.

davemackey

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 06:13:59 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'180991\' date=\'Mar 11 2008, 09:15 PM\']
I recall the episode and Richard said something to the effect that they took the show on the road to Philadelphia, which would compensate for the faux Feud set.
[/quote]
The "Angie" Feud episode was one of the few that actually involved the show's announcer as well - Gene Wood was also in the show. And ABC ran a disclaimer saying that the Feud game in the episode was fictional and scripted.

lobster

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 07:01:22 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'180952\' date=\'Mar 11 2008, 06:08 PM\']
A whole episode of The Golden Girls details Dorothy's love for Jeopardy! and her attempts to tryout. Falling asleep during a study session, she has a dream where she takes on her dim-witted roommate and apparent champion Rose Nylund,...[/quote]

and if you recall, Maude, er Dorothy tries to show off by telling Alex "..as a matter of fact, give me ALL the $1000 questions!" and so she was given all of the $1000 questions read to her succession all to herself without having to buzz in..

lobster

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
Anyone remember the Simon and Simon episode where.. um.. Simon (?) was on WOF, and went to the bonus round bragging about his extensive letter frequency research, and ended up picking obscure letters (back in the 5 consonants/1 vowel days) and won (of course)..  I was seven or eight, so that's really all I remember :p

EDiT:  gah! tried looking it up online -- turns out it was the A-Team.. my bad

summary:
Murdock's fortunes rise and fall as he uses Face's system to win big on Wheel of Fortune. He wins a trip to Hawaii, but then is kidnapped by people who claim to be CIA, but turn out to be criminals.
---
Memorable Quote:
Pat Sajak: How do you account for all the success you've had out here?
Murdock: Clean living, plenty of exercise, and a complete familiarity with the frequency tables of the alphabet.

haha sounds worse than what I remember..
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:19:53 AM by lobster »

tomobrien

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:36 AM »
Going way back, there was the "Teamwork Beat the Clock" sketch -- complete with Bud and Roxanne -- on "The Jackie Gleason Show."  It's still shown as part of the "Honeymooners" syndication package.

HYHYBT

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Wasn't there an episode of Fantasy Island (the newer version) with Jeopardy!?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

rigsby

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
Don't forget the L. A. Law episode in which Douglas went on on WOF and, IIRC, made a pass at Vanna.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'181060\' date=\'Mar 12 2008, 11:20 AM\']
Wasn't there an episode of Fantasy Island (the newer version) with Jeopardy!?[/quote]
Indeed.  No Alex (Mr. Roarke was the host), but they did use the actual set.  A woman wanted to "know everything" in order to show up her sister, a trivia whiz.  Mr. Roarke give her knowledge of family secrets; much anguish ensues.

The original version dipped into the world of game shows with a completely fictional 1982 segment called The Quiz Masters where "the two most famous game show hosts in the world" are played by Gene Rayburn and Jan Murray.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »
Both Sanford & Son and What's Happening channeled GONG.

As did The Carol Burnett Show, where Eunice mangles "Feelings."

/Then again, who didn't mangle "Feelings"?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvwxman

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'181064\' date=\'Mar 12 2008, 11:41 AM\']

The original version dipped into the world of game shows with a completely fictional 1982 segment called The Quiz Masters where "the two most famous game show hosts in the world" are played by Gene Rayburn and Jan Murray.
[/quote]
Gawd, I remember that! Had some 'mystery' doors they had to open...one had a skeleton waiting....scared the hell out of me (Okay, I was 8 at the time).
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

GS Warehouse

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »
In case another Clanky shows up in three years, we may need to sticky this thread.

Anyway, if you count American Gladiators, add the episode of Family Matters where Urkel and Mr. Winslow went on AG to settle a score.  Ellen went on AG on Ellen, too.

/the 90s sitcom, not the 00s talk show
//didn't AG also figure into Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman?