Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Scratch-off game  (Read 4133 times)

edholland83

TPIR Scratch-off game
« on: October 06, 2003, 01:14:30 PM »
For those of you who live in the state of Maryland a, you may have seen it by now, but today when I was watching TPIR at college, I noticed a commercial for the MD Lottery's new TPIR game which costs $5. My questions are:

1. Has anyone on this board who lives in MD seen the commercial yet, to shed more info on it, like when it started running the game or how long will the game last?

and

2. Has any state lottery ever done a scratch-off game based on a game show that isn't based on the state lottery's show?

WhammyPower

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 01:42:56 PM »
According to the WISCONSIN Lottery's website, they recently acquired TPiR as well.  It says that it is actually TWO tickets, consisting of two games each.  The first ticket has Plinko! and the Showcase, while the second ticket has Cliffhangers and Spin the Wheel (AKA Showcase Showdown).

I suggest that everybody reading this post should check out their state's lottery website, because it looks like it may have been recently issued across the nation.

I should point out that the odds are the same for you getting $1,000 and $30,000.  Also, you have better odds of winning $20 than you do $15, and better odds of winning $10 than $8.  [Ben Stein]Wow.[/Ben Stein]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 01:47:47 PM by WhammyPower »

Card Shark

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 03:20:22 PM »
[quote name=\'edholland83\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 01:14 PM\'] For those of you who live in the state of Maryland a, you may have seen it by now, but today when I was watching TPIR at college, I noticed a commercial for the MD Lottery's new TPIR game which costs $5. My questions are:

1. Has anyone on this board who lives in MD seen the commercial yet, to shed more info on it, like when it started running the game or how long will the game last?

and

2. Has any state lottery ever done a scratch-off game based on a game show that isn't based on the state lottery's show? [/quote]
 I'm in MD and have seen this game at all sorts of liquor stores throughout the area. I don't recall having seen a commercial because I tape it during the day and forward through them when I watch it at night. I get it on WJZ 13. Which station do you get it on?
Adam Strom

DrBear

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 05:18:14 PM »
As I posted maybe a couple of months ago, Virginia also has licensed TPIR for a scratch-off game.

I haven't seen the Wisconsin one yet but if it has two games on a ticket, it's a $2 ticket.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BrandonFG

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 06:15:46 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 04:18 PM\'] As I posted maybe a couple of months ago, Virginia also has licensed TPIR for a scratch-off game.

I haven't seen the Wisconsin one yet but if it has two games on a ticket, it's a $2 ticket. [/quote]
 And VA just got their first commercial within the past week.

It's 3 people standing in line, and IIRC, they're bidding on the price of the scratch ticket, which if I'm not mistaken, is $5.

They also play the Come on Down music.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

edholland83

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 06:16:47 PM »
(card shark Oct 6 2003, 03:20 PM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (edholland83 @ Oct 6 2003, 01:14 PM)
For those of you who live in the state of Maryland and, you may have seen it by now, but today when I was watching TPIR at college, I noticed a commercial for the MD Lottery's new TPIR game which costs $5. My questions are:

and

2. Has any state lottery ever done a scratch-off game based on a game show that isn't based on the state lottery's show? 

I'm in MD and have seen this game at all sorts of liquor stores throughout the area. I don't recall having seen a commercial because I tape it during the day and forward through them when I watch it at night. I get it on WJZ 13. Which station do you get it on?

I get it on WBOC 16 in Salisbury

Gromit

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 06:57:26 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 10:42 AM\'] According to the WISCONSIN Lottery's website, they recently acquired TPiR as well.  It says that it is actually TWO tickets, consisting of two games each.  The first ticket has Plinko! and the Showcase, while the second ticket has Cliffhangers and Spin the Wheel (AKA Showcase Showdown).
 [/quote]
 That's exactly the same as the TPIR scratch tickets we had here in BC last year.

The Plinko was sort of cool, you pick a starting spot and there's an arrow that points to the next one to scratch. So you go down, then left, then down, then down, then right, etc then eventually find yourself falling into the \"$0\" spot.

Don't know if they're still available, the wife only bought the one.

WhammyPower

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 04:18 PM\'] I haven't seen the Wisconsin one yet but if it has two games on a ticket, it's a $2 ticket. [/quote]
[TPiR buzzer]
It looks like it's either $3 a ticket, or $3 total.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2003, 07:16:49 PM by WhammyPower »

Card Shark

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 08:46:06 PM »
[quote name=\'edholland83\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 06:16 PM\']
(card shark Oct 6 2003, 03:20 PM)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (edholland83 @ Oct 6 2003, 01:14 PM)
For those of you who live in the state of Maryland and, you may have seen it by now, but today when I was watching TPIR at college, I noticed a commercial for the MD Lottery's new TPIR game which costs $5. My questions are:

and

I get it on WBOC 16 in Salisbury [/quote]
 When I watched it a few hours ago, I did see the commercial you mentioned.
Adam Strom

DrBear

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 09:39:43 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 06:15 PM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 04:18 PM\'] I haven't seen the Wisconsin one yet but if it has two games on a ticket, it's a $2 ticket. [/quote]
[TPiR buzzer]
It looks like it's either $3 a ticket, or $3 total. [/quote]
 But do I still get to spin the Big Wheel?

Seriously, normally a WI $2 ticket would have two or three games. I think the extra buck may go toward the licensing fee.

Oh, and if any of you want them, just send me your money :)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Radiofreewill

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2003, 04:25:12 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 12:42 PM\'] I suggest that everybody reading this post should check out their state's lottery website, because it looks like it may have been recently issued across the nation. [/quote]
 I just checked the Ohio Lottery's site. Of the 50 or so Instant games currently available, none are TPiR-related. :(

snowpeck

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 06:48:02 PM »
Yeah, I've been seeing the Virginia Lottery TPIR commercials on WCYB here.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Jumpondees

TPIR Scratch-off game
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2003, 05:25:36 AM »
I just came back from MD just a few hours ago, and I saw these tickets before I read the post here.  

Of course I bought a few of them and didn't win a thing.

If I had a scanner, I would have brought one home to scan one so you all could see what it looks like, but I'll try and give you my best description.

the MD TPIR scratch ticket is a $5 ticket and it measures about 6-7\" long.

The first part of the ticket is the IFUB part.  In order to win, you have to exactly match \"YOUR BID\" to the \"RETAIL PRICE\".  So if \"YOUR BID\" was $5,678 and the \"RETAIL PRICE\" was $5,678, then you would win the prize corresponding to that game.  There are I believe 3 or 4 chances to win on the IFUB part.

The Mddle part of the ticket consists of the CLIFFHANGERS GAME.

You have I think 7 or 8 different vertical columns of numbers.  With each being worth a increasing amount of $$.  Starting at $5 and going up to the top prize of $75,000.  In order to win, you need to scratch off a section on the left side of the ticket and match up the #'s that correspond to the numbers you need to match on the CLIFFHANGERS board.  It's kinda like playing a scratch-off bingo ticket.  You need to match one number in the $5 column to win, and like 8 numbers in the last column to win the $75,000.

There is a FAST $50 section where if you scratch the box off and find a moneybag, you win $50.

The bottom and last part of the ticket is the \"SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN\" portion of the ticket.  Although it says \"SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN\", it's really the \"SHOWCASE\".  You have the showcase podiums to scratch off, and like the first part of the ticket, you have to exactly match \"YOUR BID\" to the price of your \"SHOWCASE\" in order to win the prize shown.

It's a fun ticket to play, even more fun if you win.  I think the ticket looked really good to the eye, and it even comes complete with the Freemantle logo on the back of the ticket.

If you go to MD anytime soon, be sure to pick one up.