Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shopping-era WoF question.  (Read 8725 times)

tvwxman

Shopping-era WoF question.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'179189\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 03:46 PM\']
Ah... so they didn't just turn each trilon one by one and change the letters out while the puzzle board was in place?  Why would the whole board need to slide out?
[/quote]
The best answer I can give : Standards and Practices.

They would keep that part of the studio COMPLETELY off limits to anyone other than the puzzle loader, so there was no peeking by anyone at anytime. I believe this part of the studio was curtained as well.

Nowadays, even with the board getting loaded up by computer, no one is allowed 'behind' the board. I'm assuming that's where computers are helping run the massive monitored board.

/Disclaimer : I never was there for the old board set-up, but I am basing this solely on what they do now, and Lobster/Lemon's memories of the board sliding into place...which I absolutely remember too.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'179190\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 03:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'lobster\' post=\'179189\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 12:46 PM\']
Ah... so they didn't just turn each trilon one by one and change the letters out while the puzzle board was in place?  Why would the whole board need to slide out?[/quote]
Just a guess, but I have to think they wanted to see the entire puzzle in revealed state when they loaded it, otherwise it would be too easy to slip up and send GIRL SCOTUS OF AMERICA out there.
[/quote]
That was a CLUE puzzle on the October 12, 1993 episode of "Wheel of Fortune". Donovan Flynn of Dorcester, MA answered the puzzle correctly for $3,700, then scored an additional $1,000 for answering Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Damn, Horan hacked my account again. Nothing to see here, people.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

sshuffield70

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 04:24:54 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'179193\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 04:16 PM\']
Ah... so they didn't just turn each trilon one by one and change the letters out while the puzzle board was in place?  Why would the whole board need to slide out?[/quote]
Just a guess, but I have to think they wanted to see the entire puzzle in revealed state when they loaded it, otherwise it would be too easy to slip up and send GIRL SCOTUS OF AMERICA out there.
[/quote]
That was a CLUE puzzle on the October 12, 1993 episode of "Wheel of Fortune". Donovan Flynn of Dorcester, MA answered the puzzle correctly for $3,700, then scored an additional $1,000 for answering Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

[/quote]

Well played!

cmjb13

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'179191\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 03:52 PM\']
Nowadays, even with the board getting loaded up by computer, no one is allowed 'behind' the board. I'm assuming that's where computers are helping run the massive monitored board.
[/quote]
While visiting wheel, I've been behind the board a few times, although it's been during before the show, during lunch, or after the taping day is over. I remember during my first visit, security (Al, can't remember his last name), asked me what I was doing until someone said it was OK to go back. I was told I couldn't stay back there during the show as they don't allow anyone back there.

My hunch says it has more to do with Sajak and White being back there between commercials than security, but I really don't know. Sajak and White are pretty much off limits for greet/photo opportunities, although I did "meet" Vanna (in what looked like sweats) in the "food room" and she said hello.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 06:50:18 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

BrandonFG

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'179194\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 04:24 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'179193\' date=\'Feb 27 2008, 04:16 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well played!
[/quote]
A'thank yew, sir. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!