Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $OTC Question  (Read 5408 times)

PartingGift

$OTC Question
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »
I can remember a player giving several incorrect answers during the Speed Round and having a negative score, but the display stopped at zero.  After the Speed Round, Jim Perry commented that even if the display was incorrect, there was someone offstage keeping score.

HairMetalLives

$OTC Question
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 03:40:32 AM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'178324\' date=\'Feb 20 2008, 08:09 AM\']
In Perry's $ale, I have an episode where a contestant went down to zero. She couldn't go below it, and when she bottomed out, the readout went blank. Jas still played on in the Speed Round.

I actually have that episode...it was in 1984 during the home viewer dollar contest.

The Inquisitive One
[/quote]

That was the episode I was reffering to.

The dollar bill contest was that if the first six numbers a dollar bill's serial number matched the players' scores from left to right, that was a winning bill and you sent it in and got part of a jackpot. I don't remember the other two scores, but they treated the negative score like a zero, so the winning number for that day was ??00??. Not sure what signifigance that has, but there you go anyway.