Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Believe it or not, a Question About "Small Talk"  (Read 1684 times)

HairMetalLives

Believe it or not, a Question About "Small Talk"
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:34 AM »
Small Talk's Wikipedia entry (which I know is not a reliable source on anything) states the following regarding tie breakers:

"Originally, the tiebreaker consisted of the two players predicting how one of the kids would respond to a numerical question, with one giving a number and the other deciding if it would be higher or lower than that; because this was a copy of the format from Card Sharks, a lawsuit was threatened, and the tiebreaker was changed."
Can any of the experts here varify or debunk this? I have 58 of the 65 episodes on tape (and am willing to admit that, although I know you're either laughing or questioning my intelligence) and that scenario above never took place.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 01:17:52 AM »
Between that and "you can't copyright the Pie Rule", I think "debunk" is a pretty safe bet.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

HairMetalLives

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:24:19 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'183250\' date=\'Apr 3 2008, 10:17 PM\']Between that and "you can't copyright the Pie Rule", I think "debunk" is a pretty safe bet.[/quote]
I kind of thought that might be the case. Thanks.

EDIT: Fixed. The article needed to be re-written, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:59:20 AM by HairMetalLives »

tvmitch

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »
I see one mistake yet: there are no quotes around "comedian."
You should follow me on Twitter

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
[quote name=\'wikipedia\']"Originally, the tiebreaker consisted of the two players predicting how one of the kids would respond to a numerical question, with one giving a number and the other deciding if it would be higher or lower than that; because this was a copy of the format from Card Sharks, a lawsuit was threatened, and the tiebreaker was changed."[/quote]The legitimate "pie rule" thing notwithstanding, Tic Tac Dough used this exact set-up for their Number Please box for the 1990 version.  

I suspect the person who typed that paragraph and the contents of my parent's septic tank bear a remarkable resemblance to each other.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:15:24 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle