Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Well you knew this was coming...  (Read 4075 times)

JMFabiano

Well you knew this was coming...
« on: October 01, 2003, 02:14:04 AM »
Well it's worth a try, isn't it?  Anyway, the link is in my signature now in case you think so too.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 02:50:14 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Oct 1 2003, 01:14 AM\'] Well it's worth a try, isn't it?  Anyway, the link is in my signature now in case you think so too. [/quote]
 And you want her back....why?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 06:25:31 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Oct 1 2003, 01:14 AM\']Well it's worth a try, isn't it?[/quote]
I nominate this for petitiononline's new motto. (Tongue firmly in cheek, of course.)

Seriously, is the daytime TV world abuzz with Rhea's snubbing by the HSq producers, or are you just assuming that it's the inviters who are unwilling and not the invitee?

(And please, please, no diatribes. A \"yes\" or \"no\", with explanation, will do nicely.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

HSquares2003

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 12:24:12 PM »
It's a valiant attempt, but it's about as good as the Rod Roddy back on camera one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 12:45:23 PM by Matt Ottinger »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 04:24:41 PM »
The fact is, an online petition is about as worthwhile as the paper it's printed on. (Yes, I meant to say exactly that.) It takes SO LITTLE EFFORT to sign an online petition (and they're so easy to falsify), that the impact when all is said and done is pretty much reduced to nil.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JMFabiano

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 05:38:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Oct 1 2003, 01:50 AM\'] [quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Oct 1 2003, 01:14 AM\'] Well it's worth a try, isn't it?  Anyway, the link is in my signature now in case you think so too. [/quote]
And you want her back....why? [/quote]
 Because she entertains me.  And yes, I KNOW you don't like her as well as the rest of the Whoopi Clique.  Hopefully the move from ATGS to the boards wasn't such that we still cannot agree to disagree (unpleasant memories of the \"Tomarkenite\" witch hunts)  

And BTW, I did see your website...you are quite the tough critic (were there more than, like, three shows you gave favorable reviews to???????????)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2003, 06:00:30 PM »
While I'd love to see Caroline back on H2, it won't happen for several reasons:

- Since it's about 95% certain that this season will be the last, why would she want to get back on board a sinking ship?
- I can't think of a single internet petition that was able to achieve its goal, despite the efforts of whoever and/or how many people may sign it
- Most importantly, the opinions of a bunch of GS geeks on the internet (from the producers' POV, not trying to put you or anyone else down) mean diddly-squat to them

The only possibility I can remotely imagine is her returning for a wk sometime this season, since they already got ex-reg Bruce Vilanch to do so. And hey, even that would still be worth watching.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2003, 06:35:19 PM »
- I can't think of a single internet petition that was able to achieve its goal, despite the efforts of whoever and/or how many people may sign it

I can--there was a petition on GSN last year that got the Password Hour back for a month.

Let's put it this way--I'd take Caroline over the upcoming return of Judy Tenuta any day.

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2003, 06:47:29 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:35 PM\']

I can--there was a petition on GSN last year that got the Password Hour back for a month. [/quote]
 Did GSN say the reason they brought Password back was because of viewer demand?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2003, 06:54:32 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:35 PM\']

I can--there was a petition on GSN last year that got the Password Hour back for a month. [/quote]
Did GSN say the reason they brought Password back was because of viewer demand? [/quote]
 I don't think so, but the fact there was like 200 signatures on it must've helped. [the fact that it was only on a month kinda makes it look like it was thrown on to shut people up, anyway]

But do you really think they'd say that's why they did it? ;-)

cmjb13

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2003, 07:04:57 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Oct 5 2003, 06:35 PM\']

Did GSN say the reason they brought Password back was because of viewer demand? [/quote]
I don't think so, but the fact there was like 200 signatures on it must've helped. [the fact that it was only on a month kinda makes it look like it was thrown on to shut people up, anyway]

But do you really think they'd say that's why they did it? ;-) [/quote]
 Of course not.

But I don't think they would put Password on for 1 month to shut 200 people up.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Ian Wallis

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 09:33:23 AM »
But I don't think they would put Password on for 1 month to shut 200 people up.

I think you're right.  200 people probably wouldn't make the least bit of difference.

However, I do remember reading in a TVGuide at one time that each letter a TV station/network receives represents the opinions of 1000 viewers.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 11:44:14 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Oct 6 2003, 06:33 AM\'] However, I do remember reading in a TVGuide at one time that each letter a TV station/network receives represents the opinions of 1000 viewers. [/quote]
 For a major TV network, that may be true. As you get further out into the South 40 of niche cable channels and small-market television, that number gets significantly lower.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 10:06:59 PM »
It would have been a lot better if they had extended beyond the month that it was on.

At least GSN took the time to consider my petition and tried something.  Though as I had indicated, I'd have preferred prime time to the daytime slot that it got.