Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud DECADES Wii review  (Read 1267 times)

whewfan

Family Feud DECADES Wii review
« on: November 18, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »
A while back, Playstation 2 came out with Family Feud with the option of playing on sets of various runs. The newest version of Family Feud has the same option!

Gameplay: Just like classic Feud, no Bullseye... 2 single rounds, a double and a triple.

Options: Just like on PYL and TPIR, you can customize your characters (not use Miis as on Wheel or J). Also, you can play on ANY of the four sets without unlocking them! (Dawson, Combs, Louie, or the O'Hurley set) You win awards for accomplishing various tasks (winning X number of rounds, fast monies, etc) but beyond that I am unsure if there's any other reward for winning all of the awards. (clips from the show etc)

My thoughts: While the classic Feud theme is heard in the intro, unfortunately that's the only time it's heard, as the Louie Anderson era theme is used regardless of which set you choose. The "host" is less annoying than Todd Newton's "host" on the Playstation version, and you can skip some of his dialogue, but is still repetitive... and annoyingly, the phrase "SURVEY SAYS" is used in the main game. For some reason there are only 4 family members a team. The Family Feud intros are also exactly the same regardless of era. Also, apparently there are also questions relevant to the era that you play, but I have yet to run across any. You also don't have to type in a full answer, as there is a library of "autocomplete" answers.

Overall: The game has a lot more replay value than PYL. Out of a scale of 1-10 I give it an 8.