Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: '...5th Grader?' Wins Family TV Award  (Read 1773 times)

uncamark

'...5th Grader?' Wins Family TV Award
« on: November 30, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »
The Association of National Advertisers' Family Friendly Programming Forum, which has helped bring "Gilmore Girls" on the air and not much else, has awarded "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" their Family Television Award for reality series:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...8920de916012488

Their top scripted series awards went to "Ugly Betty," "Heroes" and "Pushing Daisies," despite the fact that a certain balding college professor who fancies himself an expert on game shows would probably find things to object about any of them.

The awards will be handed out on The CW Dec. 27, with your host Phil Keoghan ("I'm sorry to tell you that you're the last show to arrive...") and the combination of Burnett, Foxworthy and/or the kids accepting.

rigsby

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 06:17:11 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'170971\' date=\'Nov 30 2007, 02:28 PM\']
The awards will be handed out on The CW Dec. 27, with your host Phil Keoghan ("I'm sorry to tell you that you're the last show to arrive...") and the combination of Burnett, Foxworthy and/or the kids accepting.
[/quote]

Given that Dec. 27 is a Thursday, doesn't that mean that this thing will be crushed in the ratings by at least two of the shows it's honoring?  Seems like really bad scheduling here...

davemackey

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 01:11:20 PM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' post=\'170990\' date=\'Nov 30 2007, 06:17 PM\']
Given that Dec. 27 is a Thursday, doesn't that mean that this thing will be crushed in the ratings by at least two of the shows it's honoring?  Seems like really bad scheduling here...
[/quote]
Most likely, two of the shows it's honoring will be in repeats during Christmas week.

narzo

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 04:23:40 AM »
Just had to look and see what the "parents television council" (excuse me while I gag) has to say and they call "Heros" and "Ugly Betty" UNSUITABLE FOR CHILDREN OF ANY AGE!

Thank goodness parents don't have to be parents anymore and judge for themselves what their little tots can and can't watch.  We have watchdog groups looking out for their best interest.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 01:29:23 PM »
Haven't we always had watchdog groups telling us television will destroy children?