Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bud TTTT last nighttime show  (Read 2904 times)

Jim

Bud TTTT last nighttime show
« on: September 28, 2003, 09:55:52 PM »
Understated is a polite way to put the final nighttime TTTT.  I am surprised there wasn't more sentiment put into the show.  Except for a brief sentence at the end where Bud hopes to be back on the nighttime schedule someday, nobody seems to really give a damn.  The panelists' jokes about \"on my last vote, I choose...\" were brief and lame.  I have watched these episodes every day since GSN started the run (OK, I admit, I have a backlog of episodes I have to get to) and even I kind of realized there were a heck of a lot of shows done, and felt it was a terriffic ride.    
     This end show came nowhere near the awesome WML farewell episode.  It didn't even show a cute comment like when Henry Morgan said \"I had a good time\" in summarizing his years on the panel.
     I know they may have wanted to be low key to stress the daytime show was continuing, but there should have been something more.  Even the daytime final show, as I recall, didnt' make much of it.
     The TTTT gang may have blown the end off, but this was the time Mark Goodson looked out the window of the Pan Am Building and saw the economic storm clouds brewing.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 11:21:06 PM »
I did enjoy seeing Gail and June from the first TPIR modeling on the show.  Of course Gail would go on to BTC and was a good panelist on WML?  Mark showed up at the end and they did still have the daytime show, so I wouldn't have expected a big farewell party.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 11:25:28 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 03:10:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Jim\' date=\'Sep 28 2003, 08:55 PM\']     I know they may have wanted to be low key to stress the daytime show was continuing, but there should have been something more.  Even the daytime final show, as I recall, didnt' make much of it.[/quote]
Proabably because it was known that CBS Enterprises and G-T were considering putting the color eps of the daytime run into syndication and they wanted to avoid an edit at the end of the show.

As we all know it didn't happen--when the revamped \"WML?\" turned out to be successful in syndication, G-T decided to bring back \"TTTT\" in 1969 as a syndicated property.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 03:16:46 PM »
If you have the Jefferson Graham book \"Come on Down!,\" there is a shot of Goodson, Todman and Wally Bruner which looks to me to have been taken on the set of CBS TTTT.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

byrd62

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 03:44:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 02:16 PM\']If you have the Jefferson Graham book \"Come on Down!,\" there is a shot of Goodson, Todman and Wally Bruner which looks to me to have been taken on the set of CBS TTTT.[/quote]
I vaguely remember Wally Bruner may have been a guest panelist on To Tell the Truth at some point during its final CBS daytime season.

davemackey

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 06:50:01 PM »
How great was it seeing Jack Clark host on that daytime show from a winter Monday in early 1963? That was a treat. Jack did an excellent job, and tonight we begin hearing him as TTTT daytime's announcer. (Dick Noel filled in as announcer on this show.)

snowpeck

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 07:25:05 PM »
Are the rest of the daytime episodes preserved on videotape?  The one last night was the crummy old kinescope.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

TV Favorites

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 09:12:59 PM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' date=\'Sep 29 2003, 07:25 PM\'] Are the rest of the daytime episodes preserved on videotape?  The one last night was the crummy old kinescope.

Greg [/quote]
 Some are, like the Buddy Hackett tribute episode (I believe it was tape...it looked too good to be a kinescope), but many have been destroyed.

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 11:26:07 PM »
Well what I meant was the rest of the daytime episodes that GSN has scheduled.  (I posted the schedule in another thread).

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)