Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The $1 Million Pyramid...  (Read 11836 times)

Kevin Prather

The $1 Million Pyramid...
« on: November 18, 2007, 05:33:29 AM »
Bet the topic got your attention...

I was toying around with PowerPoint today, and threw together something I had thought of in my head for a while. A set for the $1 Million Pyramid, if it ever happened. As always, I'd love any input you can give me, positive or negative.

Of course, a little bit of coloring was lost in converting these to jpgs, but the essence is there.

The $1 Million Pyramid. Quite reminiscent of the $100,000 Pyramid, but with some minor color changes.

As we go to the Winner's Circle, the red cyclorama in the back turns blue.

During the $1 million tournament, the blue cyc turns black, and all the lights go down, except for the chasers, the trilons, the crown and three beams shooting up the pyramid.

The first tier is $100 apiece.

The second tier is $250 apiece.

And the top category is $500.

Have at it!

- Kevin

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 11:19:59 AM »
The absence of scaffolding and strobe lights is very disappointing.

Good job, Kevin. :-)

wheelloon

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »
I like it, and can definitely see what you're getting at... ;)

To complete the "updated retroness" *shall I trademark that phrase?* have a WOF-ish flooring (maybe even Millionaire-ish for the contestant area if you are out to blind people with your lighting BRILLIANCE), and it'll be great, IMHO!

Not that I think Donnymid's set was exactly horrible, either, it just needed to be lightened up a bit.
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'169825\' date=\'Nov 18 2007, 11:21 AM\']
(maybe even Millionaire-ish for the contestant area if you are out to blind people with your lighting BRILLIANCE)
[/quote]
Lighting brilliance that I don't have. :)

Thanks for the compliments!

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 03:21:56 PM »
Very nice, and the darkened set looks nice. I'd also consider maybe a purple or navy blue, along the lines of what Millionaire does for third tier questions.

Still, looks sweet!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 01:24:30 AM »
I've created a website with the complete set, and a format.  The $1 million tournament is reminiscent of the $50,000 Pyramid.

wheelloon

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 01:06:07 PM »
You have it similar to how I'd run it, except for a few tweaks.

Have 3 players only be able to qualify, using the fastest WC time method. My big difference is, that, given there would be 2 games in a half hour, the first game can pit players A and B (the two fastest), for example. The winner, say A, would play the WC, and if lost, would play in the game's 2nd half, which would have A vs C, while B sits out until the next game. The winner of A vs C would go to the WC, and if not won, would play against player B at the start of the next episode. I would set a one week time limit for the WC to be won, before the opportunity is lost (or as an alternative: the million could carry over to the next tourney, with 2 million at stake, with the biggest WC consolation money winner for the tourney week being invited back, and only 2 normal players eligible from the next 10 weeks to play).

This way, I think it would be harder to get into the tourney, there would be no more coin flips, and each of the 3 players would get to play on a daily basis, meaning no more what I call "lucky shot" days, where the one sitting out doesn't have the chance to take on the prior day's winner, who has "momentum" going, and possibly somewhat of an unfair disadvantage. It also helps the players sitting out to not lose some of their own "momentum"...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 01:08:51 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'169969\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 10:06 AM\']
I would set a one week time limit for the WC to be won, before the opportunity is lost
[/quote]
That would make for absolutely *horrible* television.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

wheelloon

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 01:32:26 PM »
WHAT!? AN OPPOSITION THAT GOES AGAINST THE MO'MONEY LAW!? HOLY... jk

I suggested that rule because most GS's have a set number of episodes that are to be aired in a season, duh, and unless you set limits on the number of days the tourney can be (especially with the probable calibur of today's players), you could have spillover, unless you don't mind ending the season "unevenly." If one particular tourney takes 2 weeks (like some of the $100k's did), and more than one tourney in a season runs long, you might have a week or even 2 weeks of spillover at a season's end. This is, if you don't pick up at like "tourney qualifier week 9" at the start of the next season. I can just imagine how that host's spiel would go...

I also thought, correct me if I'm wrong, at first, that the $100k had a one week cap for the first tourney or season, IIRC. Either way, I still say cap it at a week. If they don't do it, too bad, NEXT!

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'169973\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 10:32 AM\']
I suggested that rule because most GS's have a set number of episodes that are to be aired in a season, duh,
[/quote]
Duh? I have NO problem throwing the idiotic "season" concept right out the window. That's just an excuse these days for a production to do a marathon taping blitz and then close up shop.

Duh. You, sir, are not in a position to be telling ANYONE "duh."
I also thought, correct me if I'm wrong, at first, that the $100k had a one week cap for the first tourney or season, IIRC.
You're wrong.
Either way, I still say cap it at a week. If they don't do it, too bad, NEXT!
Well, then you like creating horrible television. I'm doubting many folks are surprised.

wheelloon

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'169984\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 03:05 PM\']
Duh. You, sir, are not in a position to be telling ANYONE "duh."[/quote]
And I suppose you are in the same position and have the god-given right to be telling others what is good TV and what is not? This coming from a person who actually considered Donny Osmond and many other qualities of the most recent Pyramid redeemable. Your opinion: fact. My opinion: laughable...

Face it Chris, your opinions, your "self-perceived facts" are no better, and no more worth in monetary value then mine, so don't try it. In the end, these are our own individual opinions, no more, no less. Until one of your ideas sells, you and I are in the same boat when it comes to our revival concepts, end of discussion.

Plus, any hint I'm detecting that you're trying to use that Wheel, a concept you despise, is my favorite show to try and enhance your argument I do not know good TV is ridiculous, and is only another example of one of your self-filtered "self-perceived facts."

tpirfan28

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 04:18:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'169970\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 01:08 PM\']
I would set a one week time limit for the WC to be won, before the opportunity is lost
[/quote]
[/quote]
Didn't Donnymid do this?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'170001\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 04:18 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'169970\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 01:08 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Didn't Donnymid do this?
[/quote]
Three days, another problem I had with the show. You just can't rush something that dramatic.

They seriously did not GET IT.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'169999\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 01:11 PM\']
And I suppose you are in the same position and have the god-given right to be telling others what is good TV and what is not?[/quote]
Ah. So you get to have an opinion, as long as I don't get to have a contrary one. Gotcha.
This coming from a person who actually considered Donny Osmond and many other qualities of the most recent Pyramid redeemable. Your opinion: fact. My opinion: laughable...
Your recollection: poor. Please to be naming for me the "many other qualities" that I've found redeemable, considering my very public stance has always been that Donny himself was passable while every other aspect of the show sucked out loud.
In the end, these are our own individual opinions, no more, no less.
And you'd do well to read that again and think on it.

Personally, I'm completely willing (especially after this little tirade) to trust the rest of the board to decide on their own which way they want to fall on this issue.

I like my odds.
Plus, any hint I'm detecting that you're trying to use that Wheel, a concept you despise, is my favorite show to try and enhance your argument I do not know good TV is ridiculous, and is only another example of one of your self-filtered "self-perceived facts."
There are so many outright falsehoods in this statement that I'm not even going to bother wading through them.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:51:34 PM by clemon79 »

wheelloon

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »
And I suppose you are in the same position and have the god-given right to be telling others what is good TV and what is not?
Ah. So you get to have an opinion, as long as I don't get to have a contrary one.
Reading back through the post history, I believe you were the one that first said that started talking about me and horrible TV. I did not throw the first punch in this, sir.

[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'170005\' date=\'Nov 19 2007, 04:50 PM\']I like my odds.
[/quote]Glad to see you do, given that I don't see anyone compelled enough to make a post that supports your stance any more or less so than mine.

There are so many outright falsehoods in this statement that I'm not even going to bother wading through them.
Oh, so you actually are admitting to liking Wheel? *Marks date*

Getting back on topic, Kevin, one thing I forget to ask was exactly how the blue pyramid backdrops were going to be recreated on the show. Are they neon-ish, or just sorta ultra-brightly painted? Either way, they do look cool, and I think it definitely kicks the modern feel up a notch. ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:19:49 PM by wheelloon »