Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If Drew Carey's year hasn't been big enough...  (Read 3994 times)

tpirfan28

If Drew Carey's year hasn't been big enough...
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 01:30:39 PM »
I'll have to go back and check the episode, but Premiere Week's Wednesday show (the one that got pre-empted by Bush) featured sports jerseys as the third prize in Race Game...IIRC there was just football and baseball.  That's about the only place I can see a Beckham jersey showing up.  Signed?  No.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 02:13:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'169685\' date=\'Nov 16 2007, 01:18 PM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'169678\' date=\'Nov 16 2007, 09:05 AM\']
Yes you can.  Upper Deck and other sports collectible companies have sold authentic signed jerseys and uniforms for years.[/quote]
For a definite price that never fluctuates? Are you really going to include the "The price is based on the price listed in the Upper Deck catalog as of the time of taping" disclaimer that they used to use for gold ingots?
[/quote]
Do you really think Rich Fields could handle that sentence without turning it into gobbledygook? :-)

I'd have to go through some prior catalogs to see if there is any variance in price, outside of when an athlete retires or passes away.  Or kills dogs.  Or gets subpoenaed.  Or gets away with double murder.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'169692\' date=\'Nov 16 2007, 02:13 PM\']
I'd have to go through some prior catalogs to see if there is any variance in price, outside of when an athlete retires or passes away.  Or kills dogs.  Or gets subpoenaed.  Or gets away with double murder.
[/quote]
What about breaking into hotel rooms or injecting steroids? Does that have any impact? :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'169692\' date=\'Nov 16 2007, 11:13 AM\']
Do you really think Rich Fields could handle that sentence without turning it into gobbledygook? :-)[/quote]
You see my point, then, sir. :)

My main point, though, is that as a collectible, there is no MSRP, regardless of what Upper Deck sets the price at. It was not manufactured and signed by Becks at the factory with the intent of being sold at retail. Any two of those, yes, perhaps, but not all three. Adidas does not put them in a box and say "Here, we think these should go for $249, but go nuts."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mike Tennant

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 07:03:38 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'169692\' date=\'Nov 16 2007, 02:13 PM\']Do you really think Rich Fields could handle that sentence without turning it into gobbledygook? :-)[/quote]ObGameShows:  This brings to mind Peter Marshall's favorite zinger, uttered by George Gobel in response to the question "What is the definition of the word 'gobbledygook'?"

Gobel's response:  "That's the stuff you'll find in the corner of a turkey's eye."