The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Debating Game covered as news by ABC Radio

(1/3) > >>

Matt Ottinger:
On my way into my office this morning, I was listening to ABC radio news at the top of the hour.  Their kicker story was a *lengthy* package about GSN's Debating Game, which apparently taped last night while the major candidates were having an only slightly more dignified \"real\" debate.

They included three sound bites:  Kennedy's introduction, Gary Coleman introducing himself and Mary Carey answering a question (\"What California city has the zip code 90210?\").  They also had Mary answering a reporter's question about why she'd be a good governor (something about teenage boys and jumping up and down).

Say what you want (and heaven knows some of you have) but this stunt is reaping huge rewards for GSN in terms of the free publicity it's generating for the network, and that can ONLY be a good thing.

cmjb13:
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 11:49 AM\'] Say what you want (and heaven knows some of you have) but this stunt is reaping huge rewards for GSN in terms of the free publicity it's generating for the network, and that can ONLY be a good thing. [/quote]
It can, but if people sample GSN due to this and don't like what they see and tune out, there is nothing gained.

Free publicity means squat if it doesn't bring in viewers (which should be the point of publicity) or money (which are driven by viewers and ratings)

That's my 2 cents.

Interesting to see if this publicity has any impact on upcoming ratings.

goongas:
Would the winner of the money be able to keep it and not spend it on their campaign under California law?

Eric

Jimmy Owen:
Next project for Mary: \"The Baiting Game.\"

clemon79:
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 09:09 AM\'] Free publicity means squat if it doesn't bring in viewers (which should be the point of publicity) or money (which are driven by viewers and ratings)
 [/quote]
 You're right, but it's almost certain to get some people who have never heard of GSN to tune in just to see what all of the hubbub is about, and a potential viewer is ALWAYS better than one who doesn't even know the network exists as a viewing option...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version