Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many GS hosts have you met?  (Read 9048 times)

Esoteric Eric

How many GS hosts have you met?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2003, 03:31:46 AM »
The only GS host I've actually met was Alex Trebek, at a signing of \"The Jeopardy! Book.\" (Having accumulated a large number of baseball caps (but nowhere near AT's collection), I wore the most absurd one I own, the one with two small foam hands that clap together when you pull the attached string.  I figured if he wanted it, I'd give it to him.  He didn't want it.  He also guessed (correctly) that I never wore it out in public.  I lamely bluffed that I took it to sporting events.  I did.  Once.)

I did encounter Donny Osmond at the Seattle stop of the Pyramid City Sweep (which actually, I just now realized, was in the city of Tukwila.)  His prep area for the City Sweep at the Southcenter Mall was the same hotel where the conventional auditions were being held.  I had no chance to anything to him, for he was monopolized by a middle-aged woman who had to let him know she'd been in love with him since she was 8. I could just be projecting, but he seemed to have that \"Thank you for reminding me how old I am\" look in his eyes.

Esoteric Eric, who would probably do the same thing to Marie, since she was born five days after his now-gray-haired-and-balder-than-Colin-Mochrie countenance
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

dmota104

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2003, 03:18:44 PM »
Just one.  Wesley Eure, a native of South Mississippi.

Proof's here at http://www.dougmorris.net/scrapbook/weseure.jpg

He was in our neck of the woods on a book tour promoting his holiday tome for kids \"The Red Wings of Christmas\".

A couple of other game show personalities have come through here over the years...

\Vicki Lawrence: She was a keynote speaker at a women's life conference.  But, as the name of the event implies, I wasn't permitted to attend.

\Fannie Flagg: Promoting her book that was a sequel to \"Fried Green Tomatoes\" (can't think of the title right now).  Missed out on that because I was sick with the flu that day.

cmjb13

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2003, 03:40:40 PM »
How old is that photo?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Bob Zager

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2003, 11:53:49 AM »
I'd met and got an autograph from Bob Eubanks when he hosted the Wheel of Fortune Live Tour.

I  know Matt Ottinger very well, and still see him from time to time.

I was bummed when I missed out on meeting Dick Clark at his now closed AB Grill in Auburn Hills, Michigan.

Though not a \"host, \"  I also met Janice Pennington,  and got an autographed paperback edition of her book in 1995.

aaron sica

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2003, 12:00:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 10:53 AM\']
I was bummed when I missed out on meeting Dick Clark at his now closed AB Grill in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
 [/quote]
 Veering just the slightest bit off topic........Are all of the AB Grills closed now? I was dismayed to find in June when I was in King of Prussia for the Get Schooled! Tour that his restaurant there was closed...

uncamark

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2003, 04:50:55 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 11:00 AM\']Veering just the slightest bit off topic........Are all of the AB Grills closed now? I was dismayed to find in June when I was in King of Prussia for the Get Schooled! Tour that his restaurant there was closed...[/quote]
Dick's own corporate web site indicates that the only remaining American Bandstand Grills/Bandstand--Food, Spirits & Fun are in the Kansas City area and at airports in Newark, Indianapolis, Phoenix and Salt Lake City.

aaron sica

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2003, 06:36:46 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 30 2003, 03:50 PM\'] Dick's own corporate web site indicates that the only remaining American Bandstand Grills/Bandstand--Food, Spirits & Fun are in the Kansas City area and at airports in Newark, Indianapolis, Phoenix and Salt Lake City. [/quote]
 Wow...I'd have thought King of Prussia was one of the most safe, since it's so close to Philly, where AB was started..