Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Viewers Choice Marathon  (Read 11668 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Viewers Choice Marathon
« on: October 29, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »
GSN's been running ads on the network all morning saying to go to GSN.com and vote for your favorite shows for a viewer's choice marathon to air on 11/23 (day after Thanksgiving).  The voting page doesn't seem to be up yet.

Don Howard

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:51:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'168162\' date=\'Oct 29 2007, 02:02 PM\']
GSN's been running ads on the network all morning saying to go to GSN.com and vote for your favorite shows for a viewer's choice marathon to air on 11/23 (day after Thanksgiving).  The voting page doesn't seem to be up yet.
[/quote]
Shall we stuff the ballot boxes for Bullseye again?

itiparanoid13

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:22:08 PM »
If they put the same boring-ass episode on that they did before, preferably not.

MikeK

• Martha!
Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'168175\' date=\'Oct 29 2007, 03:22 PM\']If they put the same boring-ass episode on that they did before, preferably not.[/quote]
It's a show which has been shown less than half a dozen times this decade, though.  So they pulled out a stinker with Patrick Wayne.  Jim Lange telling Wayne he'd be a good game show host was good for a chuckle. :-)

chad1m

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »
The site is now operational.. Though the choices aren't as varied as they have been in the past, they are decent. Ten hours are going to be filled, meaning a potential of twenty shows which is really not too shabby. The list of shows is as follows..

$1.98 Beauty Show
The $100,000 Pyramid
Beat the Clock (Hall)
Beat the Clock (Wood)
Blockbusters (1980)
Blockbusters (Raferty)
Body Language
Bullseye
Camouflage (2007)
Card Sharks (Eubanks)
Card Sharks (Perry)
Card Sharks (Rafferty)
Chain Reaction (Lane)
Child’s Play
The Dating Game
Dog Eat Dog
Double Dare (Trebek)
Family Feud (Combs)
Family Feud (Dawson)
Friend or Foe?
Grand Slam
Greed
He Said She Said
Hot Potato
I’ve Got a Secret (Dwyer)
I’ve Got a Secret (Allen)
Jackpot
Jeopardy!
Joker’s Wild
Let’s Make a Deal
Lingo
Love Connection
Match Game
Match Game PM
The Newlywed Game
Now You See It
Password
Password Plus
Press Your Luck
Rock & Roll Jeopardy!
Super Password
TattleTales
That’s the Question
Three’s a Crowd
Tic Tac Dough
To Tell The Truth (1990)
Treasure Hunt
Trivia Trap
Twenty One
Weakest Link (Gray)
Weakest Link (Robinson)
Whammy!
What’s My Line? (1972)
Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
Win Ben Stein’s Money

56 shows on the list, up to 20 to be filled.. Get to voting for the classics!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 04:37:25 PM by chad1m »

Ian Wallis

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 04:44:38 PM »
What's surprising to me is the shows they've omitted from the list.  While it's great to see they're offering up these shows for votes, it's curious as to why some of these are here and certain other ones aren't.

That being said, I wouldn't mind going for either Joker's Wild or Treasure Hunt - as long as they're going to pull out episodes they haven't aried before.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 04:59:17 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'168188\' date=\'Oct 29 2007, 03:46 PM\']
Interesting to see Grand Slam.  Might want to vote for that as there's a decent chance we won't be seeing it again.

Shocked that there's no Russian Roulette.  Kinda sad; would have liked to see it again.
[/quote]

Rights must've run out.  IIRC, that's the only original that GSN didn't own outright.  Sony owns it, but of course GSN isn't 100% Sony anymore.

And it looks like the "Yes or No?" vote on each show is an attempt to stop ballot box stuffing.

I'm also guessing that they are not putting on anything that hasn't already been converted before, so no "Way Out Games" this time.

irismason42

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »
The pics that we just saw for J! happened to be either from the gridding set from the early '90s(Season 9) or from Season 14(1997) because of the J! logo written in white on red as a matter of fact and the Newlywed Game pic was the '85-'87 set. So maybe GSN could be able to give us a revenge for J! and NG just like they did with WOF by showing a show from the 10th Anniversary season(1992) this past summer.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 05:04:16 PM by irismason42 »

itiparanoid13

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »
Interesting to see Grand Slam. Might want to vote for that as there's a decent chance we won't be seeing it again.

Shocked that there's no Russian Roulette. Kinda sad; would have liked to see it again.

(Edit: I hit delete instead of edit before, so a previous comment of mine was deleted.  Sorry.)

wheelloon

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 07:38:27 PM »
A decent list, glad to see it doesn't only include shows GSN is currently showing...

One question though, and I hope it's not something small that I missed. I noticed that $100k Pyramid is on there *as it should be* but what about $25k Pyramid (or $20k, $10k, $50k)? The last episode I believe GSN showed of $25k was its finale during the Y2Play marathon, and I'd love to see more. Has GSN's rights to some expired, somehow, but not others? :P
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

tpirfan28

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 07:44:57 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'168199\' date=\'Oct 29 2007, 07:38 PM\']
One question though, and I hope it's not something small that I missed. I noticed that $100k Pyramid is on there *as it should be* but what about $25k Pyramid (or $20k, $10k, $50k)? The last episode I believe GSN showed of $25k was its finale during the Y2Play marathon, and I'd love to see more. Has GSN's rights to some expired, somehow, but not others? :P
[/quote]
I too wish there would be more "Pyramid" varieties.  I'm not voting for this, since if it wins, it'll be a $100K Pyramid win.  $25K has been on longer than 12/31/99...I've got it on tape at least from 2000, and it was probably a part of the Vertivision blocks a while back.  Throw a bone, call it "Pyramid", and surprise us.  Hell, I'd be happy with a Davidson episode. :)

Maybe if Wheel wins, we'd get the Woolery episode again?

Nice to see that Password is on the list...don't want to forget the classics!

Is it just me or is there a TON of non-current GSN shows on the list?  Maybe this vote will be the start of a transition of sorts...
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'168201\' date=\'Oct 29 2007, 04:44 PM\']
Is it just me or is there a TON of non-current GSN shows on the list?  Maybe this vote will be the start of a transition of sorts...[/quote]
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1671/no...hitagainep0.jpg
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:27:17 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Eric Paddon

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »
$25K episodes from 1987-88 were airing on GSN as late as 2002-03 I believe.

$20K hasn't aired since those "Pyramid Thursday nights" or whatever from around 2002.    And not once did they bother to show an episode with a bonus win that hadn't aired before during the DP, giving us only new episodes with terrible main game play and bonus losses instead.

BrandonFG

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 09:33:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'168211\' date=\'Oct 29 2007, 09:23 PM\']
$20K hasn't aired since those "Pyramid Thursday nights" or whatever from around 2002.    And not once did they bother to show an episode with a bonus win that hadn't aired before during the DP, giving us only new episodes with terrible main game play and bonus losses instead.
[/quote]
IIRC, a $20K episode aired during the Top 50 marathon from last year...the one that featured Freakin' Studs.

However, it was the Billy Crystal/Sal Viscuso ep. that aired during the 2002 marathon, I believe the only evidence of Billy's record-setting win.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GameShowFan2151975

Viewers Choice Marathon
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 12:03:51 PM »
  It's nice of GSN to do this.  May the best game show win.