Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AP feature on Drew: "Born to be a game-show host"  (Read 873 times)

SteveR

AP feature on Drew: "Born to be a game-show host"
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:26:50 PM »
As you might expect, the features on the new TPiR host continue, this one from the Associated Press:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jmvklE6...wgOFOAD8S6IK8O2

One quote from the story:

"Unbeknownst to me, I was preparing myself to be a super game-show host of the 21st century," Carey says with a smile between tapings at CBS' Bob Barker Studio. "I wouldn't be good at this if it wasn't for all that other stuff I did."

cmjb13

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:06:18 PM »
The new, portable set looks almost exactly like the one it replaced.
Right
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:07:34 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

HYHYBT

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 11:55:32 PM »
There's "...the only two hosts the venerable show has had" too.

Though "almost exactly" is right, in a sense. The new set is obviously in the same basic style as the old one and everything's in the same place; anyone seeing it, even without the logos, would think "oh, The Price is Right got a new set" instead of "what the blank is this?" Some might not even notice it isn't the old one. They could, for example, have done a steel-brass-black-lucite-and-neon set, with five square doors and no turntable area, Contestants Row onstage between the doors... Relatively speaking, squaring off the turntable area's walls, chopping the feet off the doors, adding a couple more strings of lights, etc *is* leaving it almost exactly the same.

Only it's (almost) all-new.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages