Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How's Dick Clark?  (Read 2060 times)

tpirfan28

How's Dick Clark?
« on: September 22, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
I haven't heard anything about Mr. Clark recently...how's he doing?  I hope he's doing better.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvrandywest

How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'164577\' date=\'Sep 22 2007, 01:45 PM\']
I haven't heard anything about Mr. Clark recently...how's he doing?  I hope he's doing better.
[/quote]
We had hoped that Dick would attend this past summer's Game Show Congress, and Bob Stewart had invited him. Bob reported that Dick has made some progress since last New Year's, but that he was not up to attending the luncheon.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:35:17 PM »
There was already an amazing jump, and some promising progress, between both New Years appearances. I'll be looking forward to seeing him again in greater shape this December. I can only imagine he's improved.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

whewfan

How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 06:17:57 AM »
Do we know if Dick will be at the NY's celebration this year? He sold his production company, so would it now be up to the new owners if they want Dick Clark there?

Based on what Randy said, if Dick does return, it'll likely be in short segments again. There are conflicting reports, were Dick Clark's segments in the last two years ACTUALLY live, or pre-taped? It LOOKS like it's live, but one give away that it might not be was that last year, one of the correspondents said "back to Ryan and Dick", but she apparently wasn't aware that Dick Clark had left by that point. Dick's speech had definitely improved from '06 to '07, but he still has trouble getting out full sentences without running out of breath. The exchange between Ryan and Dick last year was funny and also touching, and I'd like to see more of that. I was concerned if Dick could still hold a conversation and that segment proved that he's as conversational as he always was.

sshuffield70

How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 09:40:42 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'164649\' date=\'Sep 24 2007, 06:17 AM\']
Do we know if Dick will be at the NY's celebration this year? He sold his production company, so would it now be up to the new owners if they want Dick Clark there?

Based on what Randy said, if Dick does return, it'll likely be in short segments again. There are conflicting reports, were Dick Clark's segments in the last two years ACTUALLY live, or pre-taped? It LOOKS like it's live, but one give away that it might not be was that last year, one of the correspondents said "back to Ryan and Dick", but she apparently wasn't aware that Dick Clark had left by that point. Dick's speech had definitely improved from '06 to '07, but he still has trouble getting out full sentences without running out of breath. The exchange between Ryan and Dick last year was funny and also touching, and I'd like to see more of that. I was concerned if Dick could still hold a conversation and that segment proved that he's as conversational as he always was.
[/quote]

I don't know if it was supposed to be a live on the street report, or from the music spot, which was always taped in advance.  The joke was the music was taped in July.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 01:17:55 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'164649\' date=\'Sep 24 2007, 03:17 AM\']
There are conflicting reports, were Dick Clark's segments in the last two years ACTUALLY live, or pre-taped?
[/quote]
I'll eat a plate of crow if I'm wrong, but I can't possibly see Dick Clark, stroke or no, accepting the notion of doing his segments on tape.

(Let's get this one squelched or confirmed as soon as we can, folks. This is gonna bug me on the level of Drunk Trebek if it keeps up.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 03:09:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'164664\' date=\'Sep 24 2007, 12:17 PM\']
(Let's get this one squelched or confirmed as soon as we can, folks. This is gonna bug me on the level of Drunk Trebek if it keeps up.)
[/quote]

Alex was indeed drunk during the last taping of "Pitfall." I saw it on the web.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:10:22 PM by Neumms »

dzinkin

How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 03:15:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'164672\' date=\'Sep 24 2007, 03:09 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'164664\' date=\'Sep 24 2007, 12:17 PM\']
[/quote]
Alex was indeed drunk during the last taping of "Pitfall." I saw it on the web.
[/quote]
I'm sold.  If it's on the int3rn3tz it's got to be true.

Sincerely,
Adam Kleist
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:16:19 PM by dzinkin »

Kevin Prather

How's Dick Clark?
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 05:56:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'164673\' date=\'Sep 24 2007, 12:15 PM\']
I'm sold.  If it's on the int3rn3tz it's got to be true.

Sincerely,
Adam Kleist
[/quote]
Adam, I'm reporting you for hacking Mr. Zinkin's account to get around your ban.