The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

If you win a car on a game show...

(1/4) > >>

cmjb13:
Are you allowed to pick the color or are you stick with what you are given?

zachhoran:
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 07:09 PM\'] Are you allowed to pick the color or are you stick with what you are given? [/quote]
 I was told this in an IM several years ago(forget who told me though): For at least some game shows, the contestant wins a voucher worth the amount of the car seen and won on the show. The contestant can then go to the dealer nearest their home that carries that make of car, and buy that car(in any color they want), or put that money towards buying another car. The car is NOT delivered to the contestant's home.

tvrandywest:
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 07:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 07:09 PM\'] Are you allowed to pick the color or are you stick with what you are given? [/quote]
I was told this in an IM several years ago (forget who told me though): For at least some game shows, the contestant wins a voucher worth the amount of the car seen and won on the show. The contestant can then go to the dealer nearest their home that carries that make of car, and buy that car(in any color they want), or put that money towards buying another car. The car is NOT delivered to the contestant's home. [/quote]
Correctamundo, Zach   ;-)

A dealer near your home provides the car. You get to AT LEAST choose the color.

With the car I won from CBS on PYL (granted it was some years ago) I was sent to a mega-dealership in LA that handled cars from many, many manufacturers. I schmoozed at length with the general manager who ultimately allowed me my pick from any of the cars he sold (Nissans, Mercedes, etc.). As he said his dealership would receive credit for an amount equal to the price of the car I had won, he would give me that credit toward anything I wanted. By the time I received the paperwork (90 days after airdate) the vehicles for the new model year were in. CBS bumped me up to a higher credit equal to the price of the same car in the next model year. I threw in a bunch of cash with the deal and drove out in style with a car I loved.

Now I can't win; I only get to shout \"a new car!\" 2 or 3 times a day.   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com

zachhoran:
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Sep 22 2003, 11:48 PM\']
Now I can't win; I only get to shout "a new car!" 2 or 3 times a day.   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 Nice to hear you're back on TPIR, but this must mean Rod is still sick.
It was certainly nice to hear him yesterday on the season premiere, and it will be nice to hear you again on the shows you've taped for this season so far.

tvrandywest:
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Sep 23 2003, 08:35 AM\'] Nice to hear you're back on TPIR, but this must mean Rod is still sick.
It was certainly nice to hear him yesterday on the season premiere, and it will be nice to hear you again on the shows you've taped for this season so far. [/quote]
It's awkward and perhaps a breach of confidentiality for me to comment in any detail on Rod's health. My friend of many years and one of the game show greats has indeed had a rough spell of late. Both he and the show are hoping that very soon he'll be back where he belongs. Nothing would make me happier than to get the call from Roger telling me to stay home because Rod's coming in. I've been doing the show for 3 weeks straight this month (as opposed to drunk?) and in every warm-up I solicit \"a little love\" (applause) for Rod. The audience is madly in love with him. He's a big part of the TPIR experience.

The good news is that Rod can be heard on the shows scheduled for airing this Thursday and Friday!

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version